Ophthalmologists, Surgical Specialist
18700 W Lake Houston Pkwy
Suite B101
Humble, TX 77346
281-812-4000
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Very Bad!  |  show details
by Kingwood Mommy on Jan 11th, 2014

Stay clear of this place! I went to see Dr. Shrum because of the convenient location. I went in for an exam as I had a small lump in my eye which I thought was a chalazion (clogged gland). Dr. Shrum examined me for about 5 seconds, then injected me with anesthetics and after he saw a least 3 other patients, came back for the procedure. I had to ask all of the questions, he explained very little unless prompted. He performed the procedure and about 2 days later I noticed a hard small lump and so I came back. He examined me for a few seconds and then said that he was going to refer me to another specialist, wait a minute, I thought he was the eye specialist. Anyway, I am going to spend my high deductible plan dollars AGAIN to see another specialist because apparently he is not able to diagnose eye problems. When I asked him for any thoughts on what the issue could be, he simply said "this doctor will tell you, I don't know" and walked out of the room! Bedside manner lacking. I wish I had never set foot in this office. Office seems more concerned about the number of patients they see than providing a caring, compassionate service. Simply my honest opinion, try at your own risk!

|  Cataract Surgery  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

Dr. Shrum did an awesome job with my cataract surgery - I see better now than I ever have. And no pain with the surgery!

|  East Texas Eye Center  |  show details
by LiliyaKQ at Citysearch on Jun 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Shrum is an exceptional doctor. He is caring and professional. His staff is courteous, and you never have to wait longer than a few minutes to be seen for your appointment, unlike most other medical offices. I highly recommend him.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  East Texas Eye Center  |  show details
by goldi1959 at Citysearch on Apr 5th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have been using Dr. Shrum since I moved to Texas 7 years ago and have never had a bad experience. He knows his stuff

Read Full Review at citysearch.com