Kim B Wright, MD
3851 Piper St
Ste U464
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907) 677-8737
Locations and availability (4)

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  hard worker  |  show details
by more pain after surgery on Aug 21st, 2014

I am worse shape since my surgery he did may of this year, I went back to my regular doctor and dr wright wrote down nothing but lies in my patient record. He told me Dr Kralick wanted to make money off me I do need the surgery Dr Kralick suggested .

|  Incredible success !  |  show details
by Mark F on Mar 20th, 2014

Accurate diagnosis and knowing what to expect allowed me to make an educated decision to have this 100% successful and life altering surgery

Mar 13th, 2014

He saved me from an extra surgery that I didn't need. I went to Dr. Wright for a second opinion. I'm grateful he's not surgery happy and knows what he is doing.

|  Thank you Dr. Wright  |  show details
by Ernie Henson on Mar 5th, 2014

I would just like to say that I have had the best results I have ever had from Dr. Kim Wright. As a result of the surgery from Dr. Wright I am pain free and my activity level has improved to the point that I feel normal with my daily activities. Thank you Dr. Wright for taking the time to evaluate my back problem and fixing the disorder I have had for many years. -Ernie Henson

|  laminectomy surgery  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2013

Was given a quick appointment, accurate diagnosis, and early surgery date. Within one week of see Dr. Wright the pain was gone and on my way to recovery.

|  Lower Back Surgery  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

I have seen this doctor 4 times including the actual surgery. He was always punctual, courteous and very professional. He doesnt waste time with a lot of chit chat. He looks you over and after having the necessary tests done makes a recommendation. I my case, he recommended surgery and it accomplished 100% of the stated goals. I walked out of the hospital less than 24 hours later and in two days quit the pain meds altogether. If I need any additional surgery, I will see Dr. Wright first.

|  He vanished  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

he did surgery, there were complications and he never came back.

|  Best Neurosurgeon available in Alaska.  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

This doctor's skill is amazing! I feel incredibly fortunate to have gotten his services. Due to my insurance I had to attempt to find neurosurgeons in Anchorage on my own for 2cd opinions and pricing rates. (Obtuse of them to expect a medically ill and injured patient to do this, I think) Only 1 returned my call about a month after I had the surgery Dr. Wright's staff arranged for me.I was almost immediately well after surgery and actually wound up flushing my pain meds. I regained my balance immediately after the aenesthesia wore off. Except for some minor pain similar to strep, that "wore" off within days, there was virtually none.I also had a spinal lamenectomy on my lumbar region L4 & L5 to remove a cyst that was causing my legs not to function properly. Prior to the procedure Dr. Wright performed, each step not assisted by crutches, were unsure, and very painful. My legs were incredibly weak. and my lower back was in pain. This procedure was performed in the most timely manner on an outpatient basis. My recovery was exactly the same. I was almost immediately recovered. The proceedure was done by 11am. I was home by 2pm I think. By 10pm, I was able to take my dog out for a walk completely unassisted.Although I have been a little flakey on the follow-up appointments, Dr. Wright and his staff have shown me the highest regard and respect, they have been quick to respond to my calls and questions, and have generally been extraordinarily helpful in all ways.Sheilah Blanco, Anchorage Alaska907-310-1692

Oct 14th, 2010

I would recommend Dr Wright to any of my friends and family. He was very comforting when i found out i had a brain tumor. His staff was very kind and always has shown me respect. Dr. Wright did surgery on me and removed the tumor. I am so grateful to him for saving my life. thank you to his staff for making a difficult time seem effortless.

May 17th, 2010

While my expectations for a caring surgeon were low, Dr. Wright was surprisingly gracious and kind. I am not sure my pain was evaluated well before surgery, but I must take some responsibility for not insisting on more information. After surgery, there is a lack of information about pain. It would have been useful to receive concrete advice about pain levels post surgery. I had no idea whether the pain I was experiencing fell within"normal" boundaries. Actually, if I had expected the levels of pain I experienced, it would have been easier to deal with. I continue to have pain at the level of pre-surgery and am frustrated, again, with lack of information.

|  Rate this doctor  |  show details
by Happy Person on Oct 1st, 2009

I have to say Dr. Wright's office has always offered me a NEXT DAY's appointment. The staff is very helpful and has always done a great job. Everyone should remember he is a surgeon and if my mother was in the emergency room, I would want him to put her before me. Waiting is expected at a surgeons office.

Jul 30th, 2009

Appointment was at 3:30pm, after 1 hour I asked how much longer. I was told 10-15 more minutes. At 4:35pm I was called to the treatment room. At 5:15pm another ANP came in and impatiently listened to why I was there, who, by the way was sick, coughing and sniffeling throughout the rushed 15 minute encounter. At 5:30pm I was told Dr. Wright would be right in, in just a few minutes. At 5:55pm Dr. Wright came in and by 6:10pm I was leaving the office. I was just there for a consult to see if I should have an unknown growth removed from my spine. I actually left with more questions than answers, and I certainly was not impressed that I had to wait 2.5 hours, without the offer of rescheduling. I don't think I will have this Dr. do the surgery, that is... if I need one after all.

|  Extremely Competent:  |  show details
by Suntrana45 on Jun 3rd, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Wright's surgery on my upper neck provided relief after years of pain. Would recommend Dr. Wright to anyone with back or neck problems. Phil Doherty, Anchorage, Alaska

Read Full Review at kudzu.com