Dr. Kimberly Austin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 17th, 2016
Both my children have been patients of Dr Austin for many years

September 22nd, 2015
Excellent service. She has a wonderful personality, very attentive to my child's needs, She also answered all the questions and concerns I had at the time of the visit.

August 24th, 2015
Great doctor!
Dr. Austin in knowledgeable, kind, concerned and caring. She is willing to take the time to answer questions and gives explanations in layman's terms. I've found her easy to relate to and very down to earth.

April 2nd, 2015
Most Uncaring Experience I Could Imagine
I was referred to Dr Austin after my former doctor left the practice, and told that although she does not prescribe the thyroid medication my former doctor had me taking, I could continue seeing her for my other medical needs. I called for an urgent appointment for an extremely painful condition that my former doctor had been treating and was offered a same day appointment. When I arrived for my appointment, I was informed that I was 10 minutes late. I apologized profusely and explained that I am also being treated by a specialist for neurological issues that have been leading to confusion about time and led to me getting lost on the way to the appointment that day. The receptionist reassured me that since I had arrived within the allotted 15 minute window I would still be seen that day. However, after sitting in the waiting room for 15 minutes, I was called up to the receptionist who said that the doctor had just gotten back from lunch and said that I needed to re-schedule. I was told that the soonest appointment was 11 days later, which was quite surprising to me as I had been able to get a same day appointment that morning. I again apologized for my tardiness and accepted the re-scheduled appointment as I knew I had some responsibility in the fact that I had indeed arrived late. I ended up calling the nurse line through my insurance company and being advised to go to urgent care, even though she felt that my primary care doctor was the best person to handle this matter. Urgent care was able to offer me temporary relief, but told me that ultimately, I needed to follow up with my primary care doctor. When I finally had my appointment with doctor Austin 11 days later, I arrived 20 minutes early, had typed up a summary of the history of my condition and what I hoped to address during the appointment. My wife came with me to help advocate for my needs. When Dr Austin walked in the room, she didn’t even give me a chance to talk about the reason for my visit. She immediately said that although she was triaging patients of my former doctor who had urgent needs, she was not willing to take on any of his patients as there were too many for the practice to handle given the number of doctors they currently had. This was an obviously scripted response as she repeated it 3 times, and it was printed word for word on my after visit summary. She told me that she was only willing to refer me to a pain management doctor as she felt they would be in the best position to hand my pain. I expressed my concern with the referral as every other medical profession I have spoken with has advised that I need a primary care doctor to refer me for imaging studies to diagnose the source of my pain and I am not interested in narcotic pain medication. Dr Austin again repeated that she was not willing to offer me ongoing care and felt that pain management was the best way to deal with my situation. I was given a list of primary care doctors to follow up with. None of the doctors on the list accept insurance. The fee for an initial visit is $350 dollars, not including lab fees. I am currently disabled and on medicare. I am doing everything in my power to get rehabilitated so that I can work again because this is not that way I want to live my life. And I do not understand how a person, doctor or otherwise, could treat anyone in this manner. I ended up going to the ER that night due to the severity of my pain. I was treated for urgent needs and advised to follow up with a primary care doctor for imaging studies and a plan of care. It was even more shocking when I looked at the website for the practice this morning and saw that two of their doctors are advertising that they are taking new patients.