Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Sep 5th, 2012

She is a horrible beside doctor. The original docotr of Allen pediatrics would be so disgusted with how she has run down this Name into the ground... none of it is the Allen Pediatrics... spend your money some where else... She is just a shame to know how she is just a horrible beside manner and only wants your money.

|  Dr B is the way to go.  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Dr. Barksdale since our eldest of 3 (now 8) was born. We are not the parachute parents and have an understanding that kids will get sick. I'm sure there are some individuals that don't like this office; however, Dr. Barksdale and her staff and not there to please everyone 100% of the time. Dr. Barksdale, in particular, is highly qualified, has a great amount of intellect in her field, and 24 years of experience to support her rapport. This is probably why she is called DOCTOR and has a successful, thriving pediatric office in one of the most affluent areas in DFW. If you really want a wonderful doctor to take care of your kids when they need it the most, she is the one for your family. If you are a parachute parent that can't take any criticism for your parenting skills (b/c you definitely know more about a child than this tenured doctor), then please, do us all a favor, and go some place else. Thank you for all you do for our family, Dr. B!

|  Barksdale Kimberly Md - Allen Pediatrics  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 7th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I see Suzanne at Allen Pediatrics, not overly impressed with them. They don`t pay attention to who they are seeing, are breastfeeding frien...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
by Bellasmom on Apr 30th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I agree with most of the reviews - Dr Barksdale is short and nor very friendly.|I do believe she is a good pediatrician however.|The problem is, if you want to understand what your child is going through, or have questions, she will not give you the time of the day.|And by the way, if you try to go to another pediatrician, they will make your life sooo hard - refusing to transfer records, being rude and trying to charge you.|BAD EXPERIENCE - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Mar 10th, 2009

I have no idea who gave this lady her degree, she is the most uncaring, rudest person ever!!!! and she's supposed to be a pediatrician???she should be working in meat market instead! she was defensive on every question I asked, she misdiagnosed my daughters problem which in the end ended up costing us more $ because we had to visit another, and REAL pediatrician, very unprofessional, rude, and uncaring doctor!

|  Great office  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 16th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I took both my kids 9 and 3 to Dr. Barksdale. She listens, is concerned, but does not over react. The office is very nice, there is n...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
by babiedoll26 on Nov 19th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I'm sorry to say that I have to agree with the majority of the people on here. We ended up changing Pediatricians and leaving Dr. Barksdale's practice. I'm sure her medical expertise is fine but I didn't feel she really cared about the individual child.||When my daughter was born, we chose Dr. Barksdale for her. She was very blunt and seemed unfeeling toward certain situations but I was able to get past that. The biggest problems that we had was when my daughter was running a high fever and was having a hard time breathing. She was about 5 months old at the time. My husband called the office to get her in to see the doctor and he was told that there wasn't any appointments and that we could bring her in, in 2 days. We were not about to wait 2 days to see if our 5 month old daughter would be ok. My husband called the office back to TELL them that we were taking her to the emergency and he was just letting them know. The be-grudgingly made time to see her. She was then seen by the doctor and treated.||The straw that broke the camel's back is, we started seeing seizure activity in our daughter. We called the office to see what we should do and we weren't even allowed to talk to Dr. Barksdale. They just referred us to a Neurologist which wasn't even available to see her for a couple months. We did our own research and found a Neurologist that would see her right away. Turns out she WAS having very serious seizures and was regressing due to them. She had to have an immediate EEG and MRI and start a very aggressive form of treatment to stop them. All the information was sent to Dr. Barksdale from our Neurologist of what was going on with our daughter to keep her up to date, since she was her primary care physician. Dr. Barksdale didn't make one effort to see how our daughter was doing or even to let us know that she got the information that was sent to her.||Due to the aggressive treatment that my daughter was on, we were told by her Neurologist that she needed to have her Blood Pressure checked daily. When we took her to the office to have it checked, Dr. Barksdale told the nurse that we are not to bring her in daily and that she only needed it checked once a week. We ended up taking her to the emergency room daily to have it checked which THEY were happy to do. Her blood pressure did go up and she had to be put on medication for that. Maybe some of you might feel I am being overly sensitive about this but, in my opinion, if you are over-seeing someone's medical welfare, you should be concerned about all aspects of it and not just what is brought into your office. As of about 3 months ago, we have transferred to a new pediatrician but we are still trying to get our daughter COMPLETE records from Dr. Barksdale's office. When the new doctors office requested them, they were just sent the first 2 months on her and her full shot record.||We all seem to think doctors know so much more than we do about our own kids. We trust them with the most precious thing to us. We are the ones that know everything about our own children and if your pediatrician isn't willing to listen to what you have to say or think, then I think that's when you need to start looking somewhere else.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com