Dr. Kimberly Blackwell MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Durham, NC

3.8

October 11th, 2016
Lack of compassion astounding
This doctor must have multiple personalities based on these reviews because the times I saw her she was condescending, lacked empathy, and was almost robotic. She may know her stuff, but if you are looking for someone who exhibits human qualities and seems to actually care about you and what you are going through, look elsewhere.

March 24th, 2016
Such a horrible experience I'm looking for a new oncologist
Wow, are these reviews about the same doctor? Dealing with a recurrence of metastasized breast cancer, I came to blackwell with the hope that her expertise would help me. I have no doubt that she is intelligent but her lack of compassion is astounding. At my last visit she barely said 3 words to me. I guess money wins out eventually. If you are looking for a doctor who will actually talk to you and venture to crack a smile or show ANY sign of compassion for what you are going through then steer clear of this one.

May 15th, 2012
Caring and knowledgeable
Dr. Blackwell is genuinely interested in the person as well as the treatment of the person.

May 14th, 2012
Dr.Blackwell is very Knowledgeable. She is very good at giving the best treatment for your specific type of cancer. She is very dedicated.

October 19th, 2011
Dr. Blackwell has been my oncologist for over five years and I probably wouldn't be here to write this if it weren't for her. She is the most caring person I've ever met and I wouldn't recommend anyone else

June 3rd, 2011
Great Doctor, made me feel that someone cared and was going to give me the best care available, if needed.Will continue to recommend her to people in need.

March 18th, 2011
Would not recommend her to take care of my dying cat...let alone a human being.

October 10th, 2010
Incredibly Informed Doctor - Terrible Experience
After waiting approximately one hour in the waiting area we were taken to an examination room where we waited slightly over (6) SIX HOURS in order to see the doctor. The staff came in every hour or so to tell us it would just be a few more minutes. When the doctor arrived she was professional, but seemed stressed. Her information was very valuable, but she never contacted our primary oncologist after promising to call the following day. This was very disappointing after a drive of about 400 miles. While I can see from her ratings that she is well received, and certainly knowledgeable; it was the worst experience we have had on our cancer journey.

August 18th, 2009
Great doctor!
Dr. Blackwell is extremely knowledgable. She is compassionate and caring, but helps you come to your own decisions. I went to her for a second opinion before beginning my breast cancer treatment and I'm so glad I did. She and her staff are wonderful and overall my experience with Duke has been amazing. I'd recommend her to everyone!

July 16th, 2009
She is great
Wow! What a knowledgeable woman. Kim was really awesome with me not only do I feel she's a great doctor, she also is a kind person and seems to care and understand What you're going through.