Family Practitioner, General Practitioner
3987 E Paradise Falls Dr
Ste 118
Tucson, AZ 85712
520-318-1745
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

by Michelle St. Rose on Oct 20th, 2014

I went into my first appointment with Dr. Carlson feeling nervous and scared. I had come from a horrible experience in trying to find a new Primary Care doctor after my doctor retired. I have had several chronic medical issues and my concern was finding a compassionate physician. When Dr. Carlson came into the exam room, she had already gone over my records thoroughly and started talking to me about a medical plan. She treated me with respect. She also was very knowledgeable about both my conditions. I knew immediately that I was in good hands with Dr. Carlson as my new Primary care doctor. I also have had no problems getting appointments and the office is lovely with a great staff. I am so relieved that I found her.

|  So horrible....  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2014

I can't even describe how horrible this experience was. The entire thing was like a visit to the twilight zone. First off, the signs in the lobby are bold and command that patients don't wear perfumed products. I can respect this, but it's rather hard to take instruction seriously when there is erroneous and random punctuation. Maybe my current career has driven me to be knit picky, but I think anyone who has graduated high school should know when to make a word possessive. After about a 15 minute wait, a nurse called me back to gather my vitals. My boyfriend had accompanied me to the visit and rather than asking him to sit in the room across the hall or asking if I minded if he was in the room, she abruptly said ' You should sit in there.' Once my vitals were complete, I was allowed to go sit in the room with him. After about another 10 minutes the Dr. Carlson came in the room. Despite the fact that I hadn't ever met her, Dr. Carlson didn't take the time to introduce herself to me or my boyfriend and jumped into questioning me. Dr. Carlson spent about ten minutes reviewing my general health questionnaire, confirming which of my grandparents had cancer and lecturing me for smoking, despite the fact that neither were at all related to my complaint of UTI symptoms. Somewhere in the middle of the appointment, Dr. Carlson got annoyed and excused herself to scold her staff for talking too loudly. The issue though, didn't seem to stem from the volume of their voices, but the paper thin walls in the facility. Either way, it was remnant of a mother excusing herself to whisper-yell at her children, while meanwhile everyone can hear every word she is saying. Next, there was an uncomfortable five minutes while I tried to remember the exact dosage of my medications and she acted like I was an idiot for not remembering initially. I was finally instructed to submit a sample for my UTI symptoms and wait for the results. After a few minutes time, a nurse came to the room and said 'It's negative, you're good to go.' I was given no instructions of what symptoms to look for or possible signs of a worsening issue, and wasn't asked if I had any further questions or concerns. Fast forward to two days later-I was in more severe pain and had blood in my urine. I had to pay additional $50 copay at an urgent care, and spend an additional two days feeling like crap to be told what I already knew. I am now on the antibiotics I should have been two days ago and will not be recommending this doctor to anyone I know. But, hey, if you want to leave feeling belittled, down talked, $20 dollars poorer, and STILL sick, this is the doctor for you!

|  Rude.  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2014

I went and saw Dr. Carlson for the first time a few weeks ago. She was not very friendly and a bit rude. I will not get into my personal information but the way she went about explain things was VERY unprofessional. She definitely talked to me as though she was better than me. And went against everything my doctor I had been seeing for years had told me. I would not recommend her to families with young children, as I do not agree with how she handled my sons appointment.

|  SHE'S BACK, after transistion to NW Allied Physician  |  show details
by Nancy Jones on Mar 5th, 2014

Dr. Carlson has been my doctor for many years. I first saw her in offices by St. Mary's hospital, then followed her to her present location. I must admit that the transition from CMG to NWAP last summer (2013) was a little rocky. The Office location changed, then changed back to her old office. Getting my medical records transferred was a pain. The phone number changed, some of the staff changed. BUT THE ONE CONSTANT, FOR ME, WAS DR. CARLSON. I called her office this morning at 8:30 am because I was not feeling well. I was given an 11:00 am appointment today. She saw me on time. She is still the same caring physician that I have grown to trust and admire AND she give good HUGS.

|  Unsatisfied  |  show details
by Amber Whitney on Aug 14th, 2013

Dr. Kimberly Carlson has been my primary physician for many years, and up until the last couple years I have been very satisfied having her as my doctor. Recently, my experience with her hasn't been as pleasant as it used to be. Her receptionist was extremely rude when I called regarding my prescription, and when I called back to leave a personal message for either Dr. Carlson or the Head Nurse,the receptionist said in a very rude tone "didn't you just call?" making it sound as though I was inconveniencing her. When I got a call back from Kim, the head nurse she was just as rude as the receptionist and told me there was nothing they can do for my birth control prescription unless I come in for an appointment (which I couldn't do at this time as I have no healthcare insurance and am low on cash) and she told me to try Plan Parenthood. She even suggested that I switch from my regular birth control to another until I can have an appointment and get back on the regular birth control, which obviously isn't the best advice to give to a patient. I am extremely unhappy with Dr. Carlson and her staff. I would definitely not recommend going to her, and I as well am finding a new physician.

|  Changing doctors after many years with Dr. Carlson  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2013

I have had Dr. Carlson for my primary care physician for many years. Until this past year or so, I have been very satisfied. Since then, it seems that I can never get through the phone system to make an appt--it says "the person you are contacting is unavailable" and hangs up, even though the number I am using is the main number. If I do get through, I never get a return call, my drugstore doesn't get return calls, staff does not call with test results, etc. Very frustrating. Sadly, time to change primary care doctors for myself and family!

|  Beware of being lied to about who will be seeing you.  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2013

I scheduled an appointment at Dr. Carlson's clinic after my former PCP retired. Little did I know that even though the receptionist had confirmed my appointment was with Dr. Carlson, when I arrived at the office I was seen by a Nurse Practitioner, who had to leave the room three separate times to ask questions because she didn't know what she was doing. This clinic is deceptive and I will be changing my PCP to one who actually sees his/her patients.

Sep 12th, 2012

Dr Carlson is the most caring and professional,Dr I have ever seen. She takes time to explain her plan and discuss options and my feelings, her staff is so friendly and proffesional, she brings back the small town feeling, the employees know you by first name and make you feel comfortable and welcom. Thank You

Aug 24th, 2012

I would says good doctor to go to. She listens to you and helps you for what you need. Dr. Carlson keep up the good work. Need more like you.

|  Overall decent but no one's perfect  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Dr. Carlson and the FNP both seem very "with it" and organized. They do seem to do a good job diagnosing the issue and giving out prescriptions/ remedies. I don't like that the appt is over in less than 15 mins after I've waited for 20-25 mins just to see them-- I know that's typical of many doctor's offices but it feels rushed and too fast. But overall I will keep going back unless I find someone better.

Mar 30th, 2012

Very professional kind staff

Mar 29th, 2012

Love my Dr, she is efficient and proffesional, i can get an appt same day if needed and her staff is friendly and proffesional as well.

by Eric Dhruv on Apr 21st, 2010

I have fortunately been very healthy all my life and therefore do not have much experience with physicians. That being said,my experience with Dr. Carlson has been very good. She is courteous and I never feel as though I am being rushed. She seems to be a good listener and respectfully acknowledges my concerns. I would recommend her to friends and family.

|  Finest family physician in town  |  show details
by Lynne A. Markgraf on May 1st, 2009

This physician has been my family doctor for over a decade. She has spent considerable amounts of time providing exemplary care for a myriad of medical problems that were most complicated. She is a fine diagnostician and has an assistant, who, together, provide the finest care one could ask for in a medical provider.

|  Perhaps too many patients  |  show details
by Appointment too far away on Mar 30th, 2009

My experience is okay, not horrible, not bad but I wouldn't recomend her to anyone that wants to see a doctor soon. Appointments are very hard to get, it seems like you are feeling better by the time you finally get to see the doctor.