Dr. Kimberly Carlson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Carlson?

August 20th, 2017

very good docor

October 21st, 2015

bad experience

I should have considered previous reviews seriously. That was the worst doctor visit ever. The receptionist was rude and made me uncomfortable from the beginning. I will never come back again and stay away from her office.

September 24th, 2015

Horrible experience just calling her office to see if she accepts an insurance. condescending and rude.

August 27th, 2015

Good first time experience

I am almost 30 and haven't ever found a PCP for myself after moving away from home. I don't have a lot of health issues so it was so infrequent that I would need to visit a DR. and when I would a minutclinic was good enough. I was extremely nervous to search out and find a DR that wouldn't scold me for being so lax in making sure I have continuous medical care. Now while I was initially very disappointed with the process of actually setting up an initial appointment and felt like an irritant, I went through with the appointment. DO NOT BE LATE!! I had to forgo my first scheduled appointment and reschedule because I didn't realize they wanted me there 30 minutes before my first appointment instead of the normal 15 that I'm used to, this was my error, and I won't fault them for that. I respect a place that sticks to a schedule because it ensures that I will be seen promptly, and I was. Once I finally got to see Dr. Carlson I was pleased with how comforting and calming she was about getting up to date on my medical history. I have had 1 follow up appointment since then and another scheduled all with in 2 weeks, so scheduling is actually very easy to do and I'm pleased with how quickly appointments get scheduled. I'm glad I didn't read reviews on her before I went because I probably would have went in with a bad image in my head. She seems to be an impressive Dr.

May 6th, 2015

She saved my life by finding a cancerous lump just in time.

January 9th, 2015

When I asked about a medication that she was recommending to me, she told me to google it. She didn't have any pamphlets or the patience to explain it to me.

October 20th, 2014

I went into my first appointment with Dr. Carlson feeling nervous and scared. I had come from a horrible experience in trying to find a new Primary Care doctor after my doctor retired. I have had several chronic medical issues and my concern was finding a compassionate physician. When Dr. Carlson came into the exam room, she had already gone over my records thoroughly and started talking to me about a medical plan. She treated me with respect. She also was very knowledgeable about both my conditions. I knew immediately that I was in good hands with Dr. Carlson as my new Primary care doctor. I also have had no problems getting appointments and the office is lovely with a great staff. I am so relieved that I found her.

August 23rd, 2014

So horrible....

I can't even describe how horrible this experience was. The entire thing was like a visit to the twilight zone. First off, the signs in the lobby are bold and command that patients don't wear perfumed products. I can respect this, but it's rather hard to take instruction seriously when there is erroneous and random punctuation. Maybe my current career has driven me to be knit picky, but I think anyone who has graduated high school should know when to make a word possessive. After about a 15 minute wait, a nurse called me back to gather my vitals. My boyfriend had accompanied me to the visit and rather than asking him to sit in the room across the hall or asking if I minded if he was in the room, she abruptly said ' You should sit in there.' Once my vitals were complete, I was allowed to go sit in the room with him. After about another 10 minutes the Dr. Carlson came in the room. Despite the fact that I hadn't ever met her, Dr. Carlson didn't take the time to introduce herself to me or my boyfriend and jumped into questioning me. Dr. Carlson spent about ten minutes reviewing my general health questionnaire, confirming which of my grandparents had cancer and lecturing me for smoking, despite the fact that neither were at all related to my complaint of UTI symptoms. Somewhere in the middle of the appointment, Dr. Carlson got annoyed and excused herself to scold her staff for talking too loudly. The issue though, didn't seem to stem from the volume of their voices, but the paper thin walls in the facility. Either way, it was remnant of a mother excusing herself to whisper-yell at her children, while meanwhile everyone can hear every word she is saying. Next, there was an uncomfortable five minutes while I tried to remember the exact dosage of my medications and she acted like I was an idiot for not remembering initially. I was finally instructed to submit a sample for my UTI symptoms and wait for the results. After a few minutes time, a nurse came to the room and said 'It's negative, you're good to go.' I was given no instructions of what symptoms to look for or possible signs of a worsening issue, and wasn't asked if I had any further questions or concerns. Fast forward to two days later-I was in more severe pain and had blood in my urine. I had to pay additional $50 copay at an urgent care, and spend an additional two days feeling like crap to be told what I already knew. I am now on the antibiotics I should have been two days ago and will not be recommending this doctor to anyone I know. But, hey, if you want to leave feeling belittled, down talked, $20+ dollars poorer, and STILL sick, this is the doctor for you!

July 10th, 2014

Rude.

I went and saw Dr. Carlson for the first time a few weeks ago. She was not very friendly and a bit rude. I will not get into my personal information but the way she went about explain things was VERY unprofessional. She definitely talked to me as though she was better than me. And went against everything my doctor I had been seeing for years had told me. I would not recommend her to families with young children, as I do not agree with how she handled my sons appointment.

March 5th, 2014

SHE'S BACK, after transistion to NW Allied Physician

Dr. Carlson has been my doctor for many years. I first saw her in offices by St. Mary's hospital, then followed her to her present location. I must admit that the transition from CMG to NWAP last summer (2013) was a little rocky. The Office location changed, then changed back to her old office. Getting my medical records transferred was a pain. The phone number changed, some of the staff changed. BUT THE ONE CONSTANT, FOR ME, WAS DR. CARLSON. I called her office this morning at 8:30 am because I was not feeling well. I was given an 11:00 am appointment today. She saw me on time. She is still the same caring physician that I have grown to trust and admire AND she give good HUGS.

August 14th, 2013

Unsatisfied

Dr. Kimberly Carlson has been my primary physician for many years, and up until the last couple years I have been very satisfied having her as my doctor. Recently, my experience with her hasn't been as pleasant as it used to be. Her receptionist was extremely rude when I called regarding my prescription, and when I called back to leave a personal message for either Dr. Carlson or the Head Nurse,the receptionist said in a very rude tone "didn't you just call?" making it sound as though I was inconveniencing her. When I got a call back from Kim, the head nurse she was just as rude as the receptionist and told me there was nothing they can do for my birth control prescription unless I come in for an appointment (which I couldn't do at this time as I have no healthcare insurance and am low on cash) and she told me to try Plan Parenthood. She even suggested that I switch from my regular birth control to another until I can have an appointment and get back on the regular birth control, which obviously isn't the best advice to give to a patient. I am extremely unhappy with Dr. Carlson and her staff. I would definitely not recommend going to her, and I as well am finding a new physician.

June 13th, 2013

Changing doctors after many years with Dr. Carlson

I have had Dr. Carlson for my primary care physician for many years. Until this past year or so, I have been very satisfied. Since then, it seems that I can never get through the phone system to make an appt--it says "the person you are contacting is unavailable" and hangs up, even though the number I am using is the main number. If I do get through, I never get a return call, my drugstore doesn't get return calls, staff does not call with test results, etc. Very frustrating. Sadly, time to change primary care doctors for myself and family!