3.0

by cba on Feb 3rd, 2015

I was referred to this obgyn because I was experiencing pelvic pain. I gave all my insurance info at the time I made the appointment however because I was 65 years old the Dr "assumed" Medicare would be primary and she did not take Medicare. ( I do not have Medicare part B) Even though I stated I had private insurance and that it was effective the dr was bent on not examining me afraid of not being paid for my visit. Did they not check coverage? I was also told that after 65 I did not need a pap. Well, seems like if you have some issues, she would at least exam to see what the problem is or order a sonogram? All she did was consult with me and suggest I go to go to a urologist without really knowing what my problem may have been. What a waste of time for me to take off work. Why did her staff not check the insurance and verify my eligibility...I have a great plan and have not ever had a claim denied. She was cordial and talkative but not very informed on how insurance works.. neither was her staff.

Dec 20th, 2013

Always takes time to chat, and remembers things you mentioned over a year ago. She asks intelligent and informed questions about your life and interest, and in a way...it's almost like catching up with an old friend. She's always been straight forward and willing to get another opinion, if warranted.

Best doctor I've ever had show details Best doctor I've ever had
by Divya S. on Aug 1st, 2013

Although there was often a wait to see the doctor, I never felt like my appointments were cut short. Dr. Chessir is extremely sociable and doesn't make you feel like a health chart. She has the best bedside manner I've ever witnessed in a doctor, probably because she had another career prior to pursing medicine. She is extremely friendly, answers questions and I'm only sad I can't deliver with her as we moved at the 20 week mark of my second pregnancy. I received frequent ultrasounds nd blood tests and I cannot stress enough how amazing this doctor is about making you feel welcome.

Please read and ask friends for someone else show details Please read and ask friends for someone else
Apr 23rd, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Chesshir for years because my old OBGYN retired and she inherited her practice. Since I only needed to go for an annual wellness exam, it was fine. BUT. I always had to wait, she never listened nor reviewed my file ahead of time. I had to repeat my concerns and issues each time and when I tried to call her to discuss the results of one of my tests, I was told by her staff that she doesn't return phone calls. They said, that you HAVE to make an appointment to talk to your own doctor. Can you say co-pay? When I asked her in-person about this rule, she confirmed it. I need a doctor that can take time to call me instead of the worry of weeks of waiting until you can get in. Go somewhere else, you won't regret it.

Terrible Office Staff show details Terrible Office Staff
May 3rd, 2012

The office staff, Ruby in particular, is very unprofessional in the dealings with patients. When I called to inquire about an exorbitant charge for the service I recieved, Ruby became very defensive and refused to address the problem before she hung up in my face. I was transfered several times among her staff when I called back to get her lst name, only to be hung up on again. Dr. Chesshire herself is wonderful. Her staff, however, is a disgrace to her practice and they should be embarassed.

Jan 20th, 2012

Very kind doctor. She actually talks with you. She helps answer any questions you might have. Great doctor, I definitely suggest going to her.

Thank goodness I didnt listen and movped on show details Thank goodness I didnt listen and movped on
Jul 17th, 2011

I started seeing Dr Chessire after she was referred to my by the emergency room after I had a threatened abortion. this was 6 weeks into my pregnancy. I shared my medical history with her and informed her that I was told by my previous OBGYN in a different state that it was possible that I had an incompetent cervix. I NEVER got a vaginal exam from her, and she NEVER measured or even checked my cervix. and I had atleast 4 appointments, where I complained of cramping and discomfort. my last appointment I told her about sharp pain in my back, every appointment she informed me that all of my symptoms that I was experiencing was normal. The last one didnt sit well with me so I decided to seek a second opinion. after visiting with this doctor, he informed me that I indeed have an incompetent cervix and I would need to get a cerclage inserted ASAP as well as begin weekly progestrone shots to prevent pre-term labor, and miscarriage. after measuring my cervix he said that it is less that 2.5 which is cause for concern at 16 weeks. we are supposed to be able to trust our doctors, Im just happy that I went with my intuition and seeked treatment elsewhere. I am praying for a fullterm pregnancy and a healthy happy baby no thanks to Dr Chessire.