Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Never use this doctor  |  show details
by Very upset first time mom to be on Oct 29th, 2014

After finding out I was pregnant and going to see her when I was 9 weeks along everything seemed ok. She said due to my age I was "high risk" she did my normal check ups and ultra sounds, blood work , etc. She told me I would have to make an appt. to see a high risk doctor in Destin. I was never given the option to go to Pensacola to his normal office, or given the option to have a female "high risk" doctor to see so I was more comfortable. I get to Destin to see this doctor as we walk in there is blood drops on the floor and the place left a lot to be desired. The high risk doctor was rude, made me feel very uncomfortable not to mention the room I was in has mold in the tiles above my bed from water leaks. How is that safe for a pregnant woman? It's not safe for anyone more less a woman that is carrying a child. After getting attitude from that doctor and taking pictures on my husbands phone to show so called Dr. Hood at our next appt. He left the room with ultra sound gel all over my stomach in globs. I get to my appt. with Dr. Hood and after waiting for over 45 mins. and watching people be called back who DID NOT HAVE APPTS. go in before myself and other waiting moms to be I asked the lady at the desk how much longer it would be. She said she wasn't sure I could set up a different apt if I would like. At that time they call my name and we (my husband and myself) go to the room. They check my vitals like always, then DR. Hood walks in with an attitude and asks " what am I not moving fast enough for you?" I told her no she was fine we where just checking to see how much longer. She told us we where to picky with her and the high risk doctor with the nasty office that we needed to leave. I am 5 months pregnant and she kicked us out. So unprofessional and uncalled for!! NEVER GO HERE!!

|  She's Not Competent  |  show details
by Unpleased on Aug 28th, 2014

This woman is NOT my doctor, however, I have had to go the Birthing Center 3 different times for emergent reasons and have, unfortunately, had her as my doctor every time. The first time I met her was because I had fallen and started having contractions. Not only did I find out from a friend who overheard Dr. Hood bad mouthing me and calling me a moron for falling, but when I complained to the nurse about making sure that when nurses feel like being catty (we did not realize it was the DOCTOR who was bad mouthing me), to at LEAST make sure it's not within ear shot of someone hearing, Dr. Hood came in, made a VERY terrible excuse for an apology in which she said "I heard that you were upset with me for saying that you fell, BUT I really believe that blah blah blah..." and continued to tell me of horror stories of other women who had fallen and why she felt so strongly about it. How do you tell a pregnant woman these things after she's fallen and in a large amount of pain??? It seemed like it was her goal to make me feel bad. She then proceeded to tell me that I wasn't having contractions because they were ONLY on my upper stomach and it "would have to include the lower stomach to be contractions." I didn't like the fact that she seemed to not care and only spent maybe a whopping 5 minutes where 4 of those consisted of her "apology" and demanded a second opinion. Another doctor came in, examined me, confirmed I WAS having contractions and the location of them could indicate that the placenta was starting to separate and adding that with my stomach being sensitive to touch, he ordered that I be monitored for 12 hours to make sure it didn't get worse. Emergent trip to the Birthing Center number one = Dr. Hood being a judgmental, arrogant, know nothing @$$. My second trip consisted of me suddenly feeling an immense amount of pain for what seemed like for no reason when I would use the restroom. I thought it might have been just a UTI so I saw my doctor's nurse who tested me for one and it came back negative. She was bothered by how much pain I was in and sent me to the birthing center to be checked. I got Dr. Hood, AGAIN. She never came in to see me. A nurse told me she wasn't in, but my husband later saw her standing in the hall talking to staff. He saw her and she saw him and he made sure to give her a displeased look. At the end of it all, the nurse comes in with a face of "You're not going to like what I'm about to tell you" and says that Dr. Hood's analyses was that my pain was...ready for it?...GAS!!! WHAT?!?!?! This isn't my first time being pregnant!! And I CERTAINLY know what GAS feels like and GAS does NOT make you hurt when you PEE! The nurse even informed me that I wasn't going to like the diagnoses before she told me and came prepared with other options for me if I wanted them. She offered to phone another doctor. The other doctor stated that it could be the way the baby was laying and was potentially hitting a sensitive nerve that was more exposed due to my recent fall. They helped me adjust the baby and what do you know? The pain eased. It was the baby's position. Emergent trip to the Birthing Center number two = Dr. Hood being a liar and having staff say she's NOT there to avoid seeing me and once again, being a know nothing @$$. My latest visit to the Birthing Center was because I went into full blown premature labor. Dr. Hood was, once again, the doctor. Once again, she NEVER came in and saw me. I made it known that she was NOT going to be delivering my baby if the baby was coming then and there. Luckily, I think my strong stance on the matter resulted in not hearing anything ridiculous from Dr. Hood. 3 hours later, after all was said and done, I was released on bed rest, but still, Dr. Hood never once came in. How you treat patients without seeing them is beyond me. Emergent trip to the Birthing Center number three = Dr. Hood being a completely absent doctor. I REALLY hope my experiences can help someone when choosing a doctor. The people who wrote that she's a great doctor were probably paid to say so. She's pretty horrible. Just don't risk it.

|  Think Twice  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2013

I have never in my life been to a doctor with such an lack of empathy and a bedside manner that leaves so much to be desired. Her foul mouth and lack of professionalism is something you may encounter should you book an appointment with her. Think twice.

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Shelby Marie on Oct 1st, 2013

Not sure about what was said below but I have had her as my doctor for years, she has delivered 2 of my children over the years and I now drive 45 minutes to see her for my yearly exam. Staff is friendly and helpful always going out if their way to answer questions and helpful. As far as DrHood she's an amazing doctor who truly care for her patients! I know she has a heavy load of Medicaid patients and has signs posted in her lobby stating she does not give prescription pain meds unless she does surgery on them. I have to guess that the person who was let go from her practice was not doing what she was told or maybe using illegal drugs as they tell you and you sign a paper stating if you test positive for illegal drugs you will be let go from practice and have to find new doctor because DrHood does not put up with that kind of behavior. This is not the clinic or doctor that I have known and loved for years!! Might need to take a look at the person complaining .

|  AVOID at all costs  |  show details
by Loren on Apr 25th, 2013

First off I have years of medical office experience & this staff is very incompent (head nurse especially). I was repeatly "confused" with another patient, & as an early pregnacy patient with history of multiple miscarriages I was completely mistreated. Nurse & lab miscommunication along with nurse losing my chart & ordering improper & unnessary lab (to which she personally called & told me to have done) was later told by her i shouldnt have had & that I'd be respnsible for. Reception is very cold as well. Needless to say I lost my pregnancy before this office could get me straightened out & that with proper medical care i should have needed but never recieved :-(

|  Do not go to this woman.  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2013

Every appointment has had a wait time of two hours. In 6 visits she never spent more than 5 minutes in my room. She does not share information at all, so I was hooked up to a moniter with no clue as to how long or for what. I left and eas then called and told my baby looked like "sh*t" by Dr. Hood, but that she would no longer see me. She notifies you of issues with bloodwork by calling in a prescription. My PHARMACY called to ask me why I didn't pick up a prescription that I didn't know existed. This doc is chronically overbooked, and her staff is hurried and rude.

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

I went to Dr. Hood for a routine pap smear. I left her office feeling quite confident that I would return to her in the event of pregnancy. I later learned that, without first consulting with me, she sent out for additional testing for which I received a bill. Granted, this bill was minimal, however, I do feel that it is a patient's right to be made aware of this beforehand. Upon contacting her staff for assistance with this matter I found inconsistencies in their explanations on why this test was even sent out for in the first place. Not to mention they were not even detail oriented enough to copy basic information about me I had written on new patient forms into their computer system. I was dispassionately told that they would attempt to resolve the billing matter. After my second phone call, I was assured that the matter would be taken care on a certain date. I called the billing department several days after this specific date only to learn that nothing had been done. Dr. Hood is very knowledgeable and has an excellent personality. However, I do regret to say that I will not return to her office for anything routine, and certainly not for a pregnancy.

|  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

I had my first appt. with Dr Hood, and was told that I might need to try a fertility drug. We tried that it worked.one month later we were pregnant. It was my first time becoming a mother and she answered all my questions and concerns and reaassured me that everything would be just fine. I was terrified of giving birth but she was amazing and encouraging the entire time. My husband and I live in Crestview but drive to Bluewater because she is the only MD I trust. If I have another child she will DEFINITELY be my delivering MD.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by redd75 on May 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Hood is one of the best. She loves her job and cares about her patients. I can't imagine seeing going to anyone else, it simply isn't an option for me.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com