Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
27 Mack Bayou Loop
Suite 2000
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
850-267-2961
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Think Twice  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2013

I have never in my life been to a doctor with such an lack of empathy and a bedside manner that leaves so much to be desired. Her foul mouth and lack of professionalism is something you may encounter should you book an appointment with her. Think twice.

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Shelby Marie on Oct 1st, 2013

Not sure about what was said below but I have had her as my doctor for years, she has delivered 2 of my children over the years and I now drive 45 minutes to see her for my yearly exam. Staff is friendly and helpful always going out if their way to answer questions and helpful. As far as DrHood she's an amazing doctor who truly care for her patients! I know she has a heavy load of Medicaid patients and has signs posted in her lobby stating she does not give prescription pain meds unless she does surgery on them. I have to guess that the person who was let go from her practice was not doing what she was told or maybe using illegal drugs as they tell you and you sign a paper stating if you test positive for illegal drugs you will be let go from practice and have to find new doctor because DrHood does not put up with that kind of behavior. This is not the clinic or doctor that I have known and loved for years!! Might need to take a look at the person complaining .

|  AVOID at all costs  |  show details
by Loren on Apr 25th, 2013

First off I have years of medical office experience & this staff is very incompent (head nurse especially). I was repeatly "confused" with another patient, & as an early pregnacy patient with history of multiple miscarriages I was completely mistreated. Nurse & lab miscommunication along with nurse losing my chart & ordering improper & unnessary lab (to which she personally called & told me to have done) was later told by her i shouldnt have had & that I'd be respnsible for. Reception is very cold as well. Needless to say I lost my pregnancy before this office could get me straightened out & that with proper medical care i should have needed but never recieved :-(

|  Do not go to this woman.  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2013

Every appointment has had a wait time of two hours. In 6 visits she never spent more than 5 minutes in my room. She does not share information at all, so I was hooked up to a moniter with no clue as to how long or for what. I left and eas then called and told my baby looked like "sh*t" by Dr. Hood, but that she would no longer see me. She notifies you of issues with bloodwork by calling in a prescription. My PHARMACY called to ask me why I didn't pick up a prescription that I didn't know existed. This doc is chronically overbooked, and her staff is hurried and rude.

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

I went to Dr. Hood for a routine pap smear. I left her office feeling quite confident that I would return to her in the event of pregnancy. I later learned that, without first consulting with me, she sent out for additional testing for which I received a bill. Granted, this bill was minimal, however, I do feel that it is a patient's right to be made aware of this beforehand. Upon contacting her staff for assistance with this matter I found inconsistencies in their explanations on why this test was even sent out for in the first place. Not to mention they were not even detail oriented enough to copy basic information about me I had written on new patient forms into their computer system. I was dispassionately told that they would attempt to resolve the billing matter. After my second phone call, I was assured that the matter would be taken care on a certain date. I called the billing department several days after this specific date only to learn that nothing had been done. Dr. Hood is very knowledgeable and has an excellent personality. However, I do regret to say that I will not return to her office for anything routine, and certainly not for a pregnancy.

|  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

I had my first appt. with Dr Hood, and was told that I might need to try a fertility drug. We tried that it worked.one month later we were pregnant. It was my first time becoming a mother and she answered all my questions and concerns and reaassured me that everything would be just fine. I was terrified of giving birth but she was amazing and encouraging the entire time. My husband and I live in Crestview but drive to Bluewater because she is the only MD I trust. If I have another child she will DEFINITELY be my delivering MD.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by redd75 on May 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Hood is one of the best. She loves her job and cares about her patients. I can't imagine seeing going to anyone else, it simply isn't an option for me.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com