Dr. Kimberly Hood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 12th, 2016
Best OB in the area!

December 17th, 2015
This is my second pregnancy with Dr Hood as my doctor, and we love her! Her office staff is caring and competent, and her nurse treats me as if I were her own child she were concerned for. I always have the opportunity to ask questions, and I always feel heard and acknowledged when I leave. In response to some of the negative comments below, I would say that Dr Hood does not put up with nonsense because she cares for the well-being of her patients and their babies, but I have never heard a vulgar word from her mouth and she has always been respectful to me. False expectations need to be managed - labor and pregnancy is highly unpredictable and sometimes there will be longer wait times than others, but I have noticed a huge improvement in the wait times this pregnancy than last due to some changes in the hospital call schedule and the addition of a partner in her practice. We are very satisfied!

November 3rd, 2015
Avoid
She did not disclose proper side effects of medicines, and then when I asked about my chronic hair loss (I ended up having to buzz all my waist long hair off), she said "it'll grow back". I had mentioned that aleopecia runs in my family and I need a pill that does not aggravate that, so she gives me microgestin fe 1/20, which is the very high androgen WORST pill I could have gotten. My hair still hasn't grown back...

September 24th, 2015
Very informative; she's very funny and made getting a pap smear easier!!!

May 6th, 2015
Unable to communicate efficiently. Did not answer questions I had. Had to call multiple times for a release that took a week to fax. Unhappy

March 25th, 2015
Dr. Hood is not my primary doctor but she was on call when my doctor was away. I was put on birth control pills by my doctor a few months ago to control my periods and on Thursday night I started clotting really bad and was concerned so I called the office on Friday and Dr. Hood was on call. She called me back and stated unless I was going through a pad every hour for several hours not to worry about the clotting. It started up again the next evening so I called her again. It was late but I was very concerned. She did tell me the other night if it got worse to go to the emergency room but in a panic I wanted to talk to her first before I made that decision last night to go. When she called me back last night after midnight, the first thing she said was, what is going on with you for you to call me at midnight and wake me? I told her my concerns and she immediately stated that I woke her up when she told me the other night to go to the ER if it got worse. I was already an emotional wreck from the loss of blood and sleep and I was in shock she spoke to me that way in an unprofessional manner. She said, what did I tell you the other night? If I told you to go to the ER then why I am I calling her? I told her that I wanted to be sure. I said, WOW I can’t believe this and paused and she said, what do you mean wow? You called me late at night when I already told you what to do the other day. The scolding tone and disrespect left me in disbelief so I hung up. I am a local business owner of the Destin area who would never speak to my customers that way. I believe when a doctor is on call that it is their job to get back with patients and help them, not to make them feel like they are a nuisance. I am bothered by her bedside manner. I immediately had my boyfriend take me to the ER last night and I am following back up with my doctor today to see what I need to do. I was beyond scared last night, and Dr. Hood only made me feel worse by her comments. I have never had a doctor disrespect me the way she did. At a time of being scared and need of medical help, all I got from her was that I bothered her in the middle of the night and interrupted her sleep. I will never put my medical care in the hands of Dr. Hood.

January 10th, 2015
Nightmare
Horrrible doctor! Please save yourself from an unpleasant experience- DO NOT SEE THIS PERSON!

October 29th, 2014
Never use this doctor
After finding out I was pregnant and going to see her when I was 9 weeks along everything seemed ok. She said due to my age I was "high risk" she did my normal check ups and ultra sounds, blood work , etc. She told me I would have to make an appt. to see a high risk doctor in Destin. I was never given the option to go to Pensacola to his normal office, or given the option to have a female "high risk" doctor to see so I was more comfortable. I get to Destin to see this doctor as we walk in there is blood drops on the floor and the place left a lot to be desired. The high risk doctor was rude, made me feel very uncomfortable not to mention the room I was in has mold in the tiles above my bed from water leaks. How is that safe for a pregnant woman? It's not safe for anyone more less a woman that is carrying a child. After getting attitude from that doctor and taking pictures on my husbands phone to show so called Dr. Hood at our next appt. He left the room with ultra sound gel all over my stomach in globs. I get to my appt. with Dr. Hood and after waiting for over 45 mins. and watching people be called back who DID NOT HAVE APPTS. go in before myself and other waiting moms to be I asked the lady at the desk how much longer it would be. She said she wasn't sure I could set up a different apt if I would like. At that time they call my name and we (my husband and myself) go to the room. They check my vitals like always, then DR. Hood walks in with an attitude and asks " what am I not moving fast enough for you?" I told her no she was fine we where just checking to see how much longer. She told us we where to picky with her and the high risk doctor with the nasty office that we needed to leave. I am 5 months pregnant and she kicked us out. So unprofessional and uncalled for!! NEVER GO HERE!!

August 28th, 2014
She's Not Competent
This woman is NOT my doctor, however, I have had to go the Birthing Center 3 different times for emergent reasons and have, unfortunately, had her as my doctor every time. The first time I met her was because I had fallen and started having contractions. Not only did I find out from a friend who overheard Dr. Hood bad mouthing me and calling me a moron for falling, but when I complained to the nurse about making sure that when nurses feel like being catty (we did not realize it was the DOCTOR who was bad mouthing me), to at LEAST make sure it's not within ear shot of someone hearing, Dr. Hood came in, made a VERY terrible excuse for an apology in which she said "I heard that you were upset with me for saying that you fell, BUT I really believe that blah blah blah..." and continued to tell me of horror stories of other women who had fallen and why she felt so strongly about it. How do you tell a pregnant woman these things after she's fallen and in a large amount of pain??? It seemed like it was her goal to make me feel bad. She then proceeded to tell me that I wasn't having contractions because they were ONLY on my upper stomach and it "would have to include the lower stomach to be contractions." I didn't like the fact that she seemed to not care and only spent maybe a whopping 5 minutes where 4 of those consisted of her "apology" and demanded a second opinion. Another doctor came in, examined me, confirmed I WAS having contractions and the location of them could indicate that the placenta was starting to separate and adding that with my stomach being sensitive to touch, he ordered that I be monitored for 12 hours to make sure it didn't get worse. Emergent trip to the Birthing Center number one = Dr. Hood being a judgmental, arrogant, know nothing @$$. My second trip consisted of me suddenly feeling an immense amount of pain for what seemed like for no reason when I would use the restroom. I thought it might have been just a UTI so I saw my doctor's nurse who tested me for one and it came back negative. She was bothered by how much pain I was in and sent me to the birthing center to be checked. I got Dr. Hood, AGAIN. She never came in to see me. A nurse told me she wasn't in, but my husband later saw her standing in the hall talking to staff. He saw her and she saw him and he made sure to give her a displeased look. At the end of it all, the nurse comes in with a face of "You're not going to like what I'm about to tell you" and says that Dr. Hood's analyses was that my pain was...ready for it?...GAS!!! WHAT?!?!?! This isn't my first time being pregnant!! And I CERTAINLY know what GAS feels like and GAS does NOT make you hurt when you PEE! The nurse even informed me that I wasn't going to like the diagnoses before she told me and came prepared with other options for me if I wanted them. She offered to phone another doctor. The other doctor stated that it could be the way the baby was laying and was potentially hitting a sensitive nerve that was more exposed due to my recent fall. They helped me adjust the baby and what do you know? The pain eased. It was the baby's position. Emergent trip to the Birthing Center number two = Dr. Hood being a liar and having staff say she's NOT there to avoid seeing me and once again, being a know nothing @$$. My latest visit to the Birthing Center was because I went into full blown premature labor. Dr. Hood was, once again, the doctor. Once again, she NEVER came in and saw me. I made it known that she was NOT going to be delivering my baby if the baby was coming then and there. Luckily, I think my strong stance on the matter resulted in not hearing anything ridiculous from Dr. Hood. 3 hours later, after all was said and done, I was released on bed rest, but still, Dr. Hood never once came in. How you treat patients without seeing them is beyond me. Emergent trip to the Birthing Center number three = Dr. Hood being a completely absent doctor. I REALLY hope my experiences can help someone when choosing a doctor. The people who wrote that she's a great doctor were probably paid to say so. She's pretty horrible. Just don't risk it.

October 27th, 2013
Think Twice
I have never in my life been to a doctor with such an lack of empathy and a bedside manner that leaves so much to be desired. Her foul mouth and lack of professionalism is something you may encounter should you book an appointment with her. Think twice.

October 1st, 2013
Mrs
Not sure about what was said below but I have had her as my doctor for years, she has delivered 2 of my children over the years and I now drive 45 minutes to see her for my yearly exam. Staff is friendly and helpful always going out if their way to answer questions and helpful. As far as DrHood she's an amazing doctor who truly care for her patients! I know she has a heavy load of Medicaid patients and has signs posted in her lobby stating she does not give prescription pain meds unless she does surgery on them. I have to guess that the person who was let go from her practice was not doing what she was told or maybe using illegal drugs as they tell you and you sign a paper stating if you test positive for illegal drugs you will be let go from practice and have to find new doctor because DrHood does not put up with that kind of behavior. This is not the clinic or doctor that I have known and loved for years!! Might need to take a look at the person complaining .

April 25th, 2013
AVOID at all costs
First off I have years of medical office experience & this staff is very incompent (head nurse especially). I was repeatly "confused" with another patient, & as an early pregnacy patient with history of multiple miscarriages I was completely mistreated. Nurse & lab miscommunication along with nurse losing my chart & ordering improper & unnessary lab (to which she personally called & told me to have done) was later told by her i shouldnt have had & that I'd be respnsible for. Reception is very cold as well. Needless to say I lost my pregnancy before this office could get me straightened out & that with proper medical care i should have needed but never recieved :-(