Dr. Kimberly Kersten Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Kersten?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Kersten?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2016

The BEST

You WILL not find a better PCP! I feel absolutely comfortable speaking with Dr. Kersten about anything, she is compassionate, understanding, and truly cares. I have been her patient for over 15years, as long as she has been with NSIM. I trust her with my life and my family's lives. I have a very difficult schedule and she has to get frustrated with me, but always gives me A+ treatment. I believe it is impossible for her to be anything but professional, thorough, and polite.

February 11th, 2016

belittled!

The front desk never answers the phone, good luck in an emergency situation! Dr. Kirsten was rude beyond belief and made some very demeaning comments whilst raising her voice. She was so quick and I found she did not listen at all! Gave her two chances and both outcomes were the same, I left feeling horrible and demeaned and have not been for a check up since, afraid to go to a doctor now because of her and also did not leave the house for a long time due to being belittled about my weight.

January 16th, 2016

She was defensive and rushed. Her ability to accurately diagnose is limited. I felt that I should apologize to her for being, as she so rudely stated -- "difficult because my physical issues are complex." She seemed more interested in in my boots; those she liked. One had to wonder, given how beautiful the facility is, whether this doctor is motivated by money. The practice sees twice as many patients as is the norm and we all know that even the norm is making things difficult for patients and doctors alike.

January 7th, 2016

Stay away!

Front desk staff is beyond rude and inappropriate!Debbie is the worst of all. She said something incredibly inappropriate to me yesterday regarding a possible serious diagnosis. Nurse never calls back unless the office manage is called. Dr. Kersten used to be good but is now stressed, rude, and short with patients.

January 5th, 2016

Go Elsewhere

Go elsewhere! I leave each time astonished at how belittled I feel. She is stressed, rushed and always diminishing me and my concerns. I am amazed that I leave without my issues explored, or addressed -- unless I ask for tests or medications - which I usually have to fight for. This is not who I want to grow old seeing, as more things come up. I have made the decision to find another doctor.

September 23rd, 2013

Great doctor!

Has been taking great care of me and my family, friends for several years. Fights to get you what you need, is very smart and whole staff follows up. A very competent, caring individual.

July 5th, 2011

Great PCP, rude & incompetent staff

Dr. Kersten spends a great deal of time with me and tries to find solutions to my health issues. She is willing to try and try again until something works. A receptionist, Rebecca, is wonderful and extremely friendly & efficient. Deb, another receptionist, is very short and not at all helpful. Her nurse, Kristin, is very slow to respond to rx changes & records transfers to specialists. It has taken her a week to return my phone call 2 separate times. A co-worker is a patient as well & she has had the same experience with Kristin. It is a shame as I would not recommend Dr. Kersten simply because someone has to have a great deal of contact with Kristin & I would consider her close to icompetent.

December 22nd, 2010

Wonderful, caring doctor with great bedside manner

I am always very pleased with Dr. Kersten and I see her a LOT for many different reasons. She has been my PCP for over 15 years and she truly cares about my health issues and does her best to really "talk" with me about them and come up with the best treatment approach. I highly recommend her.

October 29th, 2010

Caring and talented Doc

Happily impressed and now healthy too! I have seen MDs from MGH and was a little reluctant to seek care so far from Boston but wanted to stay close to home. I cannot express how happy I have been. Dr Kersten is compassionate, intelligent, and great at communication.

October 20th, 2010

She was very nice,and thorough. I did feel as though she was in a hurry, but I did have a lot going on. She scheduled other testing to make sure my concerns were not something major. I appreciate her thoroughness coming from a doctor who said everything was nothing until it was too late. She came highly recommended from other people I work with too. The office staff has been very nice. One downfall, I wait a long time on the phone when trying to make an appointment. As far as getting them, they have been surprisingly easy to get within a couple of weeks of my call.

September 24th, 2009

Was told by office staff not to make appointment for me. Due to I have children and I am too needy in the visits.Has told a family member things that should have not been shared due to the privacy act. Spoke harshly during appt. and was very short

April 12th, 2017