Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Therra on Apr 22nd, 2016

I am in love with my breast augmentation!! Dr. Short has given me so much confidence back!

by Kasey on Mar 8th, 2016

Dr. Short and staff are great! Dr. Short is very thorough and the staff are friendly. I would highly recommend this office.

Gt show details Gt
Mar 1st, 2016

Had a mommy makeover she was great I'm 3 weeks out was rough at 1st bit it's easing up

DO NOT GO! show details DO NOT GO!
by Alyssa on Feb 12th, 2016

I 100% do not recommend Dr. Short. I had a breast augmentation and incisions came apart 3 times, as well as developing symmastia. I followed all the instructions given to me. I know 4 other girls who went to her for augmentations and none of them are happy. That says A LOT!! I went to another surgeon and to fully correct what was done will cost around $14,000! Please do not go to Dr. Short.

Patient show details Patient
by Beth on Jan 1st, 2016

Wonderful and very friendly Dr. and Staff. Very detailed and knowledgeable about my breast augmentation procedure and worked with me to get the results that I wanted perfectly. Would recommend her office to anyone especially my family and friends.

Dr. Short is the best! show details Dr. Short is the best!
by Sue Barron on Dec 10th, 2015

Dr. Short is great. She can work miracles. She does beautiful work and definitely has your best interest in mind. I had Radiesse injected into my 65 year old hands and i can't quit looking at them. Now she is using kybella on my turkey neck and making me look years younger. Thanks, Dr. Short, for your help . Love Melissa too for botox.

Breast Aug show details Breast Aug
Dec 8th, 2015

I had a great experience at the Gillian Institute. Dr. Short's staff was exceptional! I will recommend Dr. Short to anyone!

Best decision I've ever made! show details Best decision I've ever made!
by Carla on Sep 26th, 2015

I cannot speak more highly of my experience at the Gillian Institute! The staff is incredibly friendly and Dr. Short's skill and perfectionism is exactly what you want in a plastic surgeon. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift after losing 100 lbs and you'd never know it after Dr. Short's touch. I'm incredibly happy with the end results, but the tummy tuck in particular is almost unbelievable-- I was very concerned about the 'boxy' look I've seen time and again in post-op pictures but Dr. Short somehow gave me an hourglass shape! I couldn't be happier and definitely recommend her over all the other surgeons with whom I consulted.

Great plastic surgery center show details Great plastic surgery center
by Chris Price on Jul 8th, 2015

Dr. Short is an amazing plastic surgeon. When I see her for Botox & Juvederm it is quick & the results last longer than anywhere that I have had injectables in the past. I highly recommend Dr. Short!

Life damaging results show details Life damaging results
Nov 18th, 2014

Dr. Short did a breast augmentation and thigh liposuction. Implants above the muscle and now can't get an accurage mammography. Most surgeons refuse above the muscle and now I'm getting a re-do and lift to get them under the muscle. On my thighs...I wanted only a small area done and she did my entire thigh leg, front and sides and went up my back without my permission. Vomited for days, sicker than I'd ever experienced with any surgery. Not my thighs look like something from a monster movie and it's permanent damage. When I asked her to fix them, she wanted to charge me another $10k to do so. I'm getting them fixed after over 8 years of living with this physically and emotionally damaging surgery. And others are right...she doesn't care about her patients. She's all about ego and image and tells you she's known for being aggressive. I don't want aggressive!!!

.... :( show details .... :(
Jun 28th, 2014

Went for a consultation, waited 2 hours. Answered the same questions 3 times. Assistant's were told to leave the room countless times when we were trying to ask many important questions. Never saw the Dr. 1 time in the 2 hours we waited. Will not go back!!! With all the options in Indianapolis to find a qualified plastic surgeon, this on was a true disappointment. Very unprofessional!!! Walked out! We drove many hours to meet with Dr. Short and it was a true disappointment. We are both professionals and our time is very valuable. One star is one too many.

Recommend Dr. Short show details Recommend Dr. Short
by Elizabeth on Jan 6th, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Short and her staff. My breast augmentation was perfect and my recovery was easy. My ob/gyn asked for the name of my surgeon because women always ask him for recommendations and he said mine were the best breast augmentation work he had seen. Several months after surgery I suspected that I was developing a capsular contracture and Dr. Short saw me two or three more times for free. Everyone was very kind and took my concerns seriously. Fortunately, I was just being paranoid and did not develop a capsular contracture. I really have nothing negative to say. It was a great experience and I would return to her if I needed to even though I live three hours away.

4 stars from her or her staff show details 4 stars from her or her staff
Nov 7th, 2013

Obviously all of the 4 star reviews are done by either Dr Short herself or her staff to counteract the real patients who give 1 star reviews. Notice there are few to none of the 2 or 3 stars. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT USE DR SHORT!!

worth it show details worth it
by Carrie B on Nov 5th, 2013

Waited a while to see her, it was worth it!! My filler looks amazing.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! show details STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 28th, 2013

DO NOT USE HER!!!!! Read some of the horrible reviews! She messed me up with huge scars, stitches left in, my face is crooked, I've been in pain for years. I have spent thousands of dollars and multiple surgeries to have other doctors fix her mistakes. Don't take this lightly, she is not to be trusted and DOES NOT CARE about the patients!!!!!!!!!!

11 years and still love the results show details 11 years and still love the results
by Elizabeth A on Jun 16th, 2013

I spoke on the phone with 7 Dr.s and/or staffs and went to 4 consultations before picking Dr Short. She was the only one of the surgeons that had a customized approach to augmentation and that was the main reason I chose her. I have had my implants for almost 12 years and they are still even and soft. I get complements from other women who have had less pleasing results from different Dr.s. Her staff was pleasant and knowledgeable and I have and will continue to recommend her as a surgeon and her business.

A great choice for me show details A great choice for me
by Angel B. on Jun 4th, 2013

After reading some of these reviews, I think I need to make a level headed response. I am a nurse, and well know that there is no way to please everyone! I don't know any of the stories personally, but I do know, often patients do not follow up, follow directions, or take medications just as prescribed. I also know that many patients have unrealistic expectations about looking like a VS model after procedures. Plastic surgeons are not "God", and they can't change your anatomy completely, but Dr. Short does a good job explaining and attempting to achieve optimum results for her patients. Her staff is very friendly, and always willing to help. I have had a breast lift/augmentation, botox, and several treatments with her wonderful aesthetician. I would, and do bring family and friends here. I would completely disagree that she is "scary" in any way. Some of these other reviews make me sad. It is unfortunate that only one side of the story can be told in this venue.

Scary doctor show details Scary doctor
by Amy P. on Apr 12th, 2013

I would not recommend dr. Short. As a plastic surgeon I would never let her operate on me. Please do your research. Spend the $$$ and go somewhere else.

He isn't always better. show details He isn't always better.
by Sarah on Apr 12th, 2013

Dr. short and her staff were very friendly throughout the whole process that is and tell I had a problem. From that point on I wasn't inconvenience and had to go back for two more surgeries just so she could fix what went wrong. This did not come out of Dr. shorts pocket. I paid for the extra procedures for her to fix what she screwed up. I'm surprise she still has her license.

Definitely recommend Gillian Institute! show details Definitely recommend Gillian Institute!
Aug 13th, 2012

Everyone at the Gillian Institute was wonderful from the moment I came in for a consultation to all of my follow up appointments. They made me feel at ease and took their time to answer all of my questions and never made me feel awkward about any of the questions. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Short and her staff.

Jul 30th, 2012

I had never had surgery before. Dr. Short and her staff kept me well informed on what to expect. My browlift surgery went well and the results are amazing. Very pleased with Dr. Short.

Jul 26th, 2012

Great staff and office. Dr Short was kind and very understanding. Loved the finished result!

Jul 23rd, 2012

Dr. Short and her staff are wonderful!! They went above and beyond with my procedure and care. They are all very professional and took their time answering my questions and concerns with surgery. I had a breast augmentation and I am so excited about my results!! Dr. Short and her staff made me feel so comfortable and I would highly recommend her to others.

Jul 19th, 2012

Thank you so much Dr. Short and her wonderful team... I am so happy with my result... Thank you again for everything and your professionalism.

Love Dr. Short! show details Love Dr. Short!
Jul 17th, 2012

I would definitely recommend Dr. Short! She was so caring and had wonderful suggestions that I ended up agreeing with. Her staff is awesome and the office is beautiful! I did have to wait a little bit, but it was definitely worth it once I got to meet with her, and ultimately it was worth the wonderful results of my breast augmentation. Her surgery center is so convenient and the nurses were so sweet! Will definitely go back if I have any other surgies and have only good things to say about Dr. Short!

Awesome show details Awesome
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr. short did an awesome job on my breast. She and her staff are amazing !!

Jul 14th, 2012

I love this doctor! I would never let anyone else do surgery on me. She and her staff are knowledgable, compasionate, and professional.I drive 3 hrs each way to see her and have been a patient since 2006. I have tried others for botox injections, but cant find anyone who does the job she does. I have recomended her to friends and they all come back satisfied.

Great Job!! Breast Augmentation show details Great Job!! Breast Augmentation
May 17th, 2012

After having 2 children my breast just were not the same. Thanks to Dr. Short and her wonderful staff!! I feel more confident than I have in years!! Thank you!! I would highly recommend her.

I'd pay twice as much to go to a doctor that actually did a good job show details I'd pay twice as much to go to a doctor that actually did a good job
Mar 15th, 2012

Horrible, I wish I would have some more research before hand. So not be fooled by the scenery! I cannot believe I was fooled by dr short and her physicians assistant!!!

Jan 11th, 2012

I would recommend this Doctor. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. I had my puffy eyes treated with injections and the results are amazing.

Save your money! show details Save your money!
Nov 22nd, 2011

I cannot explain how horrible my experience has been. I came in for a tummy tuck and lipo and have been back to see her a dozen times and after all that she is recommending yet another surgery. All at my expense!!!!

Horrible show details Horrible
Nov 16th, 2011

I would not allow Short to repair what she damaged on me. DO your research ladies!!!! Too bad 0 stars is not an option!

OSHA NEEDS TO PAY A VISIT! show details OSHA NEEDS TO PAY A VISIT!
Nov 14th, 2011

WOW! I am wondering how Dr Short has managed to continue practicing this long! Long wait time! Arrogant Attitude! Overpriced! I would not go back to her even if it was FREE!!! I spoke with a past employee that was in her operating room and when she told me she was sorry for what happened and she wished she could have warned me I wish I would have known before!

Nov 6th, 2011

Dr. Short performed three procedures in an attempt to correct the complication of my breast augmentation. Five years later, my breasts are still uneven. Skin is the only thing holding the right implant in place after Dr. Short removed all the scar tissue and much breast tissue. I am consulting with other doctors because it is painful if I am not wearing a bra. This has been a nightmare and I wish I would have never had surgery!

Two separate surgeries. Look 20 years younger. show details Two separate surgeries. Look 20 years younger.
Oct 21st, 2011

Beautiful job on face. Only problem was time in waiting room.

Great show details Great
Mar 7th, 2011

I need to share my story with others hoping to inspire you. So many people are reluctant to have plastic surgery on the parts of their body that need improvement. Lack of support from friends or family members could be a cause BUT, let me ask you, if your tooth was broken would you have it fixed or your arm is broke, do you fix it ? some things on our bodies seem acceptable to fix but others are not??? Okay, here I go, I lost 60 pounds and my skin was loose - so, I had an extended tummy tuck and a buttock lift. I found Dr. Short's character and style to be the most ethical. Dr. Short knew I wanted a thigh lift as well but, she did not feel it was necessary and she was able to lift my inner thighs enough through both procedures that I did not need to have the thigh lift !!! Do you know how many other plastic surgeons would have performed the thigh lift on me ?? Dr. Short is not only a Plastic Surgeon, she is an ARTIST. Dr. Short has given me freedom ... I can put on anything and not worry about what I look like from the rear....I don't have to worry about finding the right shirt to cover my behind....I can even wear thong underwear if I choose...I could never ever do that before. Its not that I want to wear thong underwear its the fact that Dr. Short has provided me the freedom to choose whether I wear it. Plastic Surgery is very personal and emotional and you want a Doctor and Staff that treats you as though you are the only one that matters - I do anyway, and that is why I chose the Gillian Institute..not only is Dr. Short caring, she sets an example for her staff and each one of them treat you special. I am a piece of fine art in progress and my Artist is Dr. Short. Some of you might find my testimony a bit emotional - you betcha !! Imagine the one part of your body that you hide everyday and you wish it were different.....and now, it is !!!!! See how powerful that is ?!!! Now, re-read my testimony again - I am sharing this for YOU !!

Quality show details Quality
by Angie R. on Sep 9th, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Short almost 10 years ago for botox and for esthestic services in her office. 4 years ago I spoke with her about possibly needing a browlift to eliminate the 'sad, tired' look people said I had. She said I didn't need the browlift, but instead an upper bleph would do the trick and also removing the corrugator muscle between my eyes would eliminate the '11' I had going on. I appreciated the fact that she didn't sell me on a procedure she didn't think I needed. My surgery went well; however, I now know I'm a 'sweller' because I was very swollen after the fact, for approx. 2-3 weeks. I was very worried and spoke with Dr. Short over the phone and saw Erin in the office a couple of times. They worked to assure me that my swelling would subside and I would be thrilled with the results. They were right; 1 month out and I loved my new 'open' eyes! I continue with botox and even a little filler, and of course, Niki does a wonderful job with microderm and even SkinTyte! I'm approaching a milestone birthday and would love to have a facelift now, but Dr. Short keeps telling me I'm not ready yet - she'll let me know when! You may have to wait to be seen in her office, but know that she will give you as much time as her last patient. And it'll be worth it.

BUTCHER show details BUTCHER
Aug 21st, 2010

I had a face lift performed by Dr. Short a year ago 08-09. She destroyed my tear duct...it no longer exists. I have had 4 eye surgeries to repair the damage to my eye AND am now having another face lift to correct neck damage and my ear and forehead lift. I am a mess and the cost has exceeded $30,000 for repair work alone. The pain has been devastating. PLEASE DO NOT let this woman touch you. I would hate for anyone to have to suffer as I have.

Thrilled! show details Thrilled!
by Claire on Aug 6th, 2010

After breastfeeding for over 9 total years I went to Dr. Short for breast augmentation. I could not be happier with the way she brought me back to my former young self! The office staff was superb - sensitive, highly knowledgeable, and managed my pain like angels. This was the first time I've been "under" and not felt miserable afterwrad - piece of cake. All of these babies and now I'm rockin' the bikini! I couldn't recommend her more! I also see her staff for dermabrasion and Botox, and as a commercial model I take this seriously. Would not go anywhere else. Period.

Awesome Artist show details Awesome Artist
by Melissa on Jul 26th, 2010

During my initial visit with Dr.Short she took the time to listen to my concerns and desires. She does not push procedures - she actually discouraged a procedure I was debating on which turned out to be the best idea. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift and her work is phenomenal just 3 weeks out. I look amazing due to her expertise. I had a small side effect from surgery affecting my foot (it had nothing to do with anything she did) but she recognized the issue immediately and addressed it. I would recommend this doctor to anyone contemplating surgery. Her PA Erin is just as awesome. They are very caring and calm and listen to everything the patient is concerned with. The office staff have been very professional and nice. Defineatley the best artist around.

Jun 9th, 2010

Left huge scars. Left stitches in under skin. I've spent thousands of dollars repairing damage that she did.

Not A Good Surgeon! show details Not A Good Surgeon!
by Kristi on May 3rd, 2010

Waist of money! Over priced! Horrible Horrible work!! I have to live with breast implants that are two totally different sizes! I can't afford to fix her mistakes, mistakes that should have been taken care of at the surgeory table! Take your time picking a doctor, do all the research you can, call and ask questions and get referrals! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR FOR PLASTIC SURGEORY, I KNOW THAT OTHERS HAD SIMILAR ISSUES WITH THE SAME DOCTOR!

Apr 13th, 2010

I waited for 1 1/2 hours for my consultation. I paid my surgery deposit before my consultation because she was highly recommended by many friends. I wish I would have chosen a different doctor!

by linda on Feb 3rd, 2009

i just have to respond after reading that last review. dr short (and ALL of her staff are amazing). she does excellent work and is VERY concerned with her patient outcomes. i can not say enough about how much i would recommend her to anyone having ANY procedure done. you will not be disappointed in the level of care they will give you!!