Plastic Surgeon,
Gillian Institute
8455 Clearvista Pl
Indianapolis, IN 46256
317-913-3260
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  .... :(  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2014

Went for a consultation, waited 2 hours. Answered the same questions 3 times. Assistant's were told to leave the room countless times when we were trying to ask many important questions. Never saw the Dr. 1 time in the 2 hours we waited. Will not go back!!! With all the options in Indianapolis to find a qualified plastic surgeon, this on was a true disappointment. Very unprofessional!!! Walked out! We drove many hours to meet with Dr. Short and it was a true disappointment. We are both professionals and our time is very valuable. One star is one too many.

|  Recommend Dr. Short  |  show details
by Elizabeth on Jan 6th, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Short and her staff. My breast augmentation was perfect and my recovery was easy. My ob/gyn asked for the name of my surgeon because women always ask him for recommendations and he said mine were the best breast augmentation work he had seen. Several months after surgery I suspected that I was developing a capsular contracture and Dr. Short saw me two or three more times for free. Everyone was very kind and took my concerns seriously. Fortunately, I was just being paranoid and did not develop a capsular contracture. I really have nothing negative to say. It was a great experience and I would return to her if I needed to even though I live three hours away.

|  4 stars from her or her staff  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2013

Obviously all of the 4 star reviews are done by either Dr Short herself or her staff to counteract the real patients who give 1 star reviews. Notice there are few to none of the 2 or 3 stars. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT USE DR SHORT!!

|  worth it  |  show details
by Carrie B on Nov 5th, 2013

Waited a while to see her, it was worth it!! My filler looks amazing.

|  STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2013

DO NOT USE HER!!!!! Read some of the horrible reviews! She messed me up with huge scars, stitches left in, my face is crooked, I've been in pain for years. I have spent thousands of dollars and multiple surgeries to have other doctors fix her mistakes. Don't take this lightly, she is not to be trusted and DOES NOT CARE about the patients!!!!!!!!!!

|  11 years and still love the results  |  show details
by Elizabeth A on Jun 16th, 2013

I spoke on the phone with 7 Dr.s and/or staffs and went to 4 consultations before picking Dr Short. She was the only one of the surgeons that had a customized approach to augmentation and that was the main reason I chose her. I have had my implants for almost 12 years and they are still even and soft. I get complements from other women who have had less pleasing results from different Dr.s. Her staff was pleasant and knowledgeable and I have and will continue to recommend her as a surgeon and her business.

|  A great choice for me  |  show details
by Angel B. on Jun 4th, 2013

After reading some of these reviews, I think I need to make a level headed response. I am a nurse, and well know that there is no way to please everyone! I don't know any of the stories personally, but I do know, often patients do not follow up, follow directions, or take medications just as prescribed. I also know that many patients have unrealistic expectations about looking like a VS model after procedures. Plastic surgeons are not "God", and they can't change your anatomy completely, but Dr. Short does a good job explaining and attempting to achieve optimum results for her patients. Her staff is very friendly, and always willing to help. I have had a breast lift/augmentation, botox, and several treatments with her wonderful aesthetician. I would, and do bring family and friends here. I would completely disagree that she is "scary" in any way. Some of these other reviews make me sad. It is unfortunate that only one side of the story can be told in this venue.

|  HORRIBLE  |  show details
by A. Sucker on May 7th, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE! The most unprofessional staff you will ever meet! They suckered me into paying thousands of dollars and no changes were ever made. The doctor cannot be reached no matter what you do. Definitely try another facility. The rest of us are stuck as we have lost thousands of dollars. This facility should not be licensed.

|  Scary doctor  |  show details
by Amy P. on Apr 12th, 2013

I would not recommend dr. Short. As a plastic surgeon I would never let her operate on me. Please do your research. Spend the $$$ and go somewhere else.

|  He isn't always better.  |  show details
by Sarah on Apr 12th, 2013

Dr. short and her staff were very friendly throughout the whole process that is and tell I had a problem. From that point on I wasn't inconvenience and had to go back for two more surgeries just so she could fix what went wrong. This did not come out of Dr. shorts pocket. I paid for the extra procedures for her to fix what she screwed up. I'm surprise she still has her license.

|  Definitely recommend Gillian Institute!  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

Everyone at the Gillian Institute was wonderful from the moment I came in for a consultation to all of my follow up appointments. They made me feel at ease and took their time to answer all of my questions and never made me feel awkward about any of the questions. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Short and her staff.

Jul 30th, 2012

I had never had surgery before. Dr. Short and her staff kept me well informed on what to expect. My browlift surgery went well and the results are amazing. Very pleased with Dr. Short.

Jul 26th, 2012

Great staff and office. Dr Short was kind and very understanding. Loved the finished result!

Jul 23rd, 2012

Dr. Short and her staff are wonderful!! They went above and beyond with my procedure and care. They are all very professional and took their time answering my questions and concerns with surgery. I had a breast augmentation and I am so excited about my results!! Dr. Short and her staff made me feel so comfortable and I would highly recommend her to others.

Jul 19th, 2012

Thank you so much Dr. Short and her wonderful team... I am so happy with my result... Thank you again for everything and your professionalism.

|  Love Dr. Short!  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

I would definitely recommend Dr. Short! She was so caring and had wonderful suggestions that I ended up agreeing with. Her staff is awesome and the office is beautiful! I did have to wait a little bit, but it was definitely worth it once I got to meet with her, and ultimately it was worth the wonderful results of my breast augmentation. Her surgery center is so convenient and the nurses were so sweet! Will definitely go back if I have any other surgies and have only good things to say about Dr. Short!

|  Awesome  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr. short did an awesome job on my breast. She and her staff are amazing !!

Jul 14th, 2012

I love this doctor! I would never let anyone else do surgery on me. She and her staff are knowledgable, compasionate, and professional.I drive 3 hrs each way to see her and have been a patient since 2006. I have tried others for botox injections, but cant find anyone who does the job she does. I have recomended her to friends and they all come back satisfied.

|  Great Job!! Breast Augmentation  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

After having 2 children my breast just were not the same. Thanks to Dr. Short and her wonderful staff!! I feel more confident than I have in years!! Thank you!! I would highly recommend her.

|  I'd pay twice as much to go to a doctor that actually did a good job  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

Horrible, I wish I would have some more research before hand. So not be fooled by the scenery! I cannot believe I was fooled by dr short and her physicians assistant!!!

Jan 11th, 2012

I would recommend this Doctor. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. I had my puffy eyes treated with injections and the results are amazing.

|  could have got same results by a butcher  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2011

I cannot stress enough the emotional, physical, and financial this woman has caused me. When I had my initial consult, they were all telling me how amazing I was going to look and how I would be so happy with the results. They basically had me on cloud nine. Fast forward to today, I am constantly in pain because the implant is pulling away from the pocket, I have to wear a bra 24/7 or I have excruciating pain, she told me that she never said the results I expected were achievable and that my expectations were set too high, and then she told me to go to another Dr. unless I wanted to pay $8,000 (which was a discounted price!!!) In addition to the $10,000 I already paid her. I look worse now than when I went in. My relationship with my husband is deteriorating because of how self conscious I am with my breasts. They are a giant droopy scarred mess. I now have to go pay someone else to fix what she botched. I might as well have took $10,000 and flushed it down the toilet. She doesn't have any problem feeding you what you want to hear then taking your money but she doesn't give 2 cares about you after that. She is a FRAUD, and the only artist this woman is, IS A SCAM ARTIST. Please rethink this decision. After one of her staff members seen what she left me with, she referred me to Meridian Plastic Surgeons.

|  Save your money!  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I cannot explain how horrible my experience has been. I came in for a tummy tuck and lipo and have been back to see her a dozen times and after all that she is recommending yet another surgery. All at my expense!!!!

|  Horrible  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

I would not allow Short to repair what she damaged on me. DO your research ladies!!!! Too bad 0 stars is not an option!

|  OSHA NEEDS TO PAY A VISIT!  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

WOW! I am wondering how Dr Short has managed to continue practicing this long! Long wait time! Arrogant Attitude! Overpriced! I would not go back to her even if it was FREE!!! I spoke with a past employee that was in her operating room and when she told me she was sorry for what happened and she wished she could have warned me I wish I would have known before!

Nov 6th, 2011

Dr. Short performed three procedures in an attempt to correct the complication of my breast augmentation. Five years later, my breasts are still uneven. Skin is the only thing holding the right implant in place after Dr. Short removed all the scar tissue and much breast tissue. I am consulting with other doctors because it is painful if I am not wearing a bra. This has been a nightmare and I wish I would have never had surgery!

|  Two separate surgeries. Look 20 years younger.  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

Beautiful job on face. Only problem was time in waiting room.

|  Just my type of "family"!  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2011

I had surgery on March 18, 2011 with Dr. Short. A changing day for me. Let me start off by saying I will literally will spend DAYS investigating ANYTHING I spend money on. Just because one person says it's steak, doesn't mean it's fillet minion (I always tell my husband that when he makes purchases on electronics and toys for his Truck and ATV's). But anyway, I met with one other surgeon who also had high marks in being reputable and personable. I paid $50.00 and had an appointment with them prior to Dr. Short. I was booked out for an appointment over a month later and I asked to be put on a waiting list. NEVER got a call to come in on a cancellation and trust me I told them call me a couple hours in advance and I will whip my car in your parking lot faster than you can say 'Devo' (Whip it, the song... I try to be a comedian). No call, just me stalking them everyday to see if they could squeeze me in. Anyways I am a easy going person, as long as I get what I want if I'm shelling out major benjamin's for it. I told the other Dr what I wanted and the response I got, in the demeanor I got it left me leaving that office first, in shock, then devastated, then I wanted to go get my $50 bills back. I then had a consult COMPLIMENTARY of Dr Short (got in on a cancellation too!!!) and I knew as I started meeting the staff, that these were my girls.

|  Great  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

I need to share my story with others hoping to inspire you. So many people are reluctant to have plastic surgery on the parts of their body that need improvement. Lack of support from friends or family members could be a cause BUT, let me ask you, if your tooth was broken would you have it fixed or your arm is broke, do you fix it ? some things on our bodies seem acceptable to fix but others are not??? Okay, here I go, I lost 60 pounds and my skin was loose - so, I had an extended tummy tuck and a buttock lift. I found Dr. Short's character and style to be the most ethical. Dr. Short knew I wanted a thigh lift as well but, she did not feel it was necessary and she was able to lift my inner thighs enough through both procedures that I did not need to have the thigh lift !!! Do you know how many other plastic surgeons would have performed the thigh lift on me ?? Dr. Short is not only a Plastic Surgeon, she is an ARTIST. Dr. Short has given me freedom ... I can put on anything and not worry about what I look like from the rear....I don't have to worry about finding the right shirt to cover my behind....I can even wear thong underwear if I choose...I could never ever do that before. Its not that I want to wear thong underwear its the fact that Dr. Short has provided me the freedom to choose whether I wear it. Plastic Surgery is very personal and emotional and you want a Doctor and Staff that treats you as though you are the only one that matters - I do anyway, and that is why I chose the Gillian Institute..not only is Dr. Short caring, she sets an example for her staff and each one of them treat you special. I am a piece of fine art in progress and my Artist is Dr. Short. Some of you might find my testimony a bit emotional - you betcha !! Imagine the one part of your body that you hide everyday and you wish it were different.....and now, it is !!!!! See how powerful that is ?!!! Now, re-read my testimony again - I am sharing this for YOU !!

|  Quality  |  show details
by Angie R. on Sep 9th, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Short almost 10 years ago for botox and for esthestic services in her office. 4 years ago I spoke with her about possibly needing a browlift to eliminate the 'sad, tired' look people said I had. She said I didn't need the browlift, but instead an upper bleph would do the trick and also removing the corrugator muscle between my eyes would eliminate the '11' I had going on. I appreciated the fact that she didn't sell me on a procedure she didn't think I needed. My surgery went well; however, I now know I'm a 'sweller' because I was very swollen after the fact, for approx. 2-3 weeks. I was very worried and spoke with Dr. Short over the phone and saw Erin in the office a couple of times. They worked to assure me that my swelling would subside and I would be thrilled with the results. They were right; 1 month out and I loved my new 'open' eyes! I continue with botox and even a little filler, and of course, Niki does a wonderful job with microderm and even SkinTyte! I'm approaching a milestone birthday and would love to have a facelift now, but Dr. Short keeps telling me I'm not ready yet - she'll let me know when! You may have to wait to be seen in her office, but know that she will give you as much time as her last patient. And it'll be worth it.

|  BUTCHER  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2010

I had a face lift performed by Dr. Short a year ago 08-09. She destroyed my tear duct...it no longer exists. I have had 4 eye surgeries to repair the damage to my eye AND am now having another face lift to correct neck damage and my ear and forehead lift. I am a mess and the cost has exceeded $30,000 for repair work alone. The pain has been devastating. PLEASE DO NOT let this woman touch you. I would hate for anyone to have to suffer as I have.

|  Thrilled!  |  show details
by Claire on Aug 6th, 2010

After breastfeeding for over 9 total years I went to Dr. Short for breast augmentation. I could not be happier with the way she brought me back to my former young self! The office staff was superb - sensitive, highly knowledgeable, and managed my pain like angels. This was the first time I've been "under" and not felt miserable afterwrad - piece of cake. All of these babies and now I'm rockin' the bikini! I couldn't recommend her more! I also see her staff for dermabrasion and Botox, and as a commercial model I take this seriously. Would not go anywhere else. Period.

|  Awesome Artist  |  show details
by Melissa on Jul 26th, 2010

During my initial visit with Dr.Short she took the time to listen to my concerns and desires. She does not push procedures - she actually discouraged a procedure I was debating on which turned out to be the best idea. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift and her work is phenomenal just 3 weeks out. I look amazing due to her expertise. I had a small side effect from surgery affecting my foot (it had nothing to do with anything she did) but she recognized the issue immediately and addressed it. I would recommend this doctor to anyone contemplating surgery. Her PA Erin is just as awesome. They are very caring and calm and listen to everything the patient is concerned with. The office staff have been very professional and nice. Defineatley the best artist around.

Jun 9th, 2010

Left huge scars. Left stitches in under skin. I've spent thousands of dollars repairing damage that she did.

|  Horriffic!!!!!  |  show details
by Jessica on May 28th, 2010

Got Time? I had my consultation with Dr. Short and and I got caught up in the moment. The office was beautiful. Then REALITY set in!!! I scheduled my surgery and was excited. The day of my surgery I started to realize I was in trouble. He pushed my surgery back by 2 hours to bring in a patient that she had "butchered" earlier in the week. (My heart goes out to her because I was lucky!) I found this out while I was in the waiting room. The day of my surgery Dr. Short & her assistant were arogant, snotty and had too much to do to waste their time with me. I had questions and they didnt have time to answer them. Told me that was what Post Op was for!!! WTF. My follow up appointments were a joke. I waited 45 minutes the first time and 1 1/2 hours the next time. I was having pain and the nurse that took care of me, Erin did not care said it was normal. It did not look normal at all!!!! One of my girl friends went to Meridian Plastic Surgery, I went with her to her appointment and he looked at me. I was not "Normal"!!! I wish I would have gone somewhere else! Do not take this decision lightly!!! Warn your friends and family! I wish I knew now what I knew then!!!

|  Not A Good Surgeon!  |  show details
by Kristi on May 3rd, 2010

Waist of money! Over priced! Horrible Horrible work!! I have to live with breast implants that are two totally different sizes! I can't afford to fix her mistakes, mistakes that should have been taken care of at the surgeory table! Take your time picking a doctor, do all the research you can, call and ask questions and get referrals! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR FOR PLASTIC SURGEORY, I KNOW THAT OTHERS HAD SIMILAR ISSUES WITH THE SAME DOCTOR!

Apr 13th, 2010

I waited for 1 1/2 hours for my consultation. I paid my surgery deposit before my consultation because she was highly recommended by many friends. I wish I would have chosen a different doctor!

by linda on Feb 3rd, 2009

i just have to respond after reading that last review. dr short (and ALL of her staff are amazing). she does excellent work and is VERY concerned with her patient outcomes. i can not say enough about how much i would recommend her to anyone having ANY procedure done. you will not be disappointed in the level of care they will give you!!