Overall Review

June 3rd, 2016
Dr. Smith is AMAZING!!

June 2nd, 2016
Patient for RA & Fibromyalgia
Dr. Smith spends only about 10-15 minutes with me with every appointment I have had with her, for over a year now. She seems hurried during the time when I ask important questions or voice concerns with meds not being effective, therefore not thoroughly addressing my issues as she should. She has prescribed necessary prescriptions, and made changes, but also has made errors in writing my prescriptions. In addition, the staff has been late calling in my prescriptions more times than I can count, which in turn, forced me suffer and go without much needed medications many times. Unacceptable. I can understand an error here or there, but this honestly happened to me every.single.visit! The nurses do not return calls promptly to fix things either. Dr. Smith seemed gentle and caring in the beginning, but now looking back, I feel it was merely a facade. She has done nothing to address my fibromyalgia symptoms, only RA, despite me going over the pain and concerns that I also have with the FM, but that goes completely ignored. She prescribes the absolute bare minimum for pain management, even though she knows that you are being left with uncontrolled pain. I don't think she accurately understands the level of pain that RA & FM causes, nor cares if your quality of life is lacking due to the pain, as she would not even address the issue several times with me after I brought it up. My previous Rheumy gave me a pill to take morning, noon, & night for pain. For me, that was the bare minimum that worked for managing my pain, and it literally made the difference between being able to enjoy my family at times, and make it through a work day, or not. However, when my previous Dr. retired, and I saw her, she changed my pain med to 1 pill daily for pain. What is that supposed to help? A headache? Mild cramps? For me, it certainly did not hardly even take the edge off of the debilitatingly painful Fibromyalgia and RA flares for more than 4 hours. After experiencing these multiple frequent back to back flares and being unable to function in my daily life, I would take the 1 pain pill she prescribed daily, and it may or may not take the edge off of the pain for 2-4 hours, then I was left the rest of the day and night in pain and unable to sleep because of it. I would tell her this but she would completely ignore the issue of my unmanaged pain altogether, and continuously do nothing for me. I don't know if she thought because I am younger than 50, that I should not be in pain, or what. This is surely not the case, as RA & FM is certainly no respector of person when it comes to age. She works at the Habana office that I go to, only twice a week. So at times when I needed refills, I went without, because she simply was not present. I tried to see her both as a Primary Physician and a Rheumatologist in the beginning, but she only accepted my insurance for RA, and not for Primary care. I never understood why my insurance was good enough for her to be my RA Dr. but not my Primary. To me, that made about as much sense as the care I have received from her, which was not much. Over all, my care was lacking. After dealing with these issues for well over a year now, I am moving on with high hopes of finding a Dr. who is present, takes the necessary time needed for their patients to voice their concerns, then actually does something to remedy said problem, does not make numerous mistakes when writing scripts, nor leave patients repeatedly without refills, or force them to live with unmanaged pain. That type of Dr. no matter how gentle and sweet her touch and voice may be, is just not for me.

December 24th, 2015
Without reservation, she is the best Primary Care I have ever had! I have stuck with her regardless of insurance changes and all my immediate family and many of my friends go to her now as well. She is not only incredibly talented as a Physician. ... she is a phenomenal person as well, with the best bedside manner and staff anyone could ask for!

September 1st, 2015
Tampa's Best Doctor Hands Down!
She's phenomenal, smart, connected to her patients with emotional support as well as great "bed side manner" and will diagnose what other doctors can't find, as was my case. She cares and you can tell. Excellent!!!!

April 17th, 2015
Not what I find worthy. Hard to get appt , staff excellent but phone and return call system so bad scares me to feel md is not competent to care for me.

April 14th, 2015
The most caring and knowledgeable physician I have ever been to, I have been seeing Dr. Smith for 5 years and switching to her 5 years ago was the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Smith is an exceptional special physician, she goes above and beyond with providing care to her patients. I travel 39 miles each way to see her and I don't plan on changing that.

January 8th, 2015
Love this group. Dr. Smith listens to you and answers all of your questions.

July 9th, 2014
I luckily chose Dr. Smith as my rheumatologist. She is absolutely wonderful! She is so understanding, attentive, supportive and her skills as a physician are superb.

January 28th, 2014
Front staff was extremely unprofessional and rude. I was a transfer case from another state. My prior rhemy had several conversations with Dr. Smith and assured me all wpuld be Smooth for my initial appt. Not true. I was treated as if I had no insurance, and was questioned about communications between offices. Rose is the lead secretary there and was the rudest of all and offered no apologies for her lack of organization with my file or to say I was wrong, you were right. In meetingb with Dr Smith, she seemed wonderful. She took her time and apologized for her staffs lack of courtesy. I will see hoe subsequent visits will go.

October 11th, 2013
Complete lip service.
Dr. Smith agreed to see me for my thyroid. I called ahead of time and was told she would see people for thyroid conditions. During my visit, dr Smith was completely agreeable for all the things i was concerned about. I wanted to switch meds to Armour and she agreed it was a good idea. Now my lab results are back and she recommended I see an endocrinologist - which for most people works but i have yet to find a good endo in tampa which is why that brought me to dr smith in the first place. So basically she dumps me as a patient but wrote me a prescription for Synthroid, which is completely opposite of what I requested in my first appointment. Her nurse contacted me back after I said that Dr. Smith initally agreed to Armour, and she stated Dr Smith said she "does not prescribe Armour". So basically, everything that Dr. Smith said she'd do, she isnt. Complete lip service, waste of my time and money. To say I'm dissatisfied would be a huge understatement.

September 14th, 2013
Patient
Dr. Smith saved my life. That sounds like such a cliche but in fact she did just that. I would not be alive today if it were not for Dr. Smith's expertise and determination. I was dying and was seeing Dr. Smith once every 3-4 weeks for years and now for the first time in a very long time my next appointment is in 6 months. I have never felt better and I am as well on lab reports as I feel. That took some doing thanks to Dr. Smith. If I were to describe her in one word, that word would be "serious". I have seen doctors my whole entire life because of a birth defect and I think any doctor would describe my health as complicated. Dr. Smith is the best and there is no better expert. You will live longer if you are fortunate enough to be one of her patients. I remember my very first visit to my lab with tests prescribed by Dr. Smith and the attendant said to me "Oh Dr. Smith, her patients love her more than any other doctor". I did not know yet what he was talking about! But now, going on five years of visits later, I know exactly what he was talking about. Dr. Smith is premium at it's best. Thank goodness for Dr. Smith. I hope she lives forever...

June 13th, 2013
Excelent
Dr. Smith was very professional and courteous, friendly staff and beautiful office.