Dr. Kimberly Valentine MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 13th, 2017
Helped
Dr. Valentine Correctly diagnosed my brain chemistry issues and found the proper dosage to correct what I felt was a drifting away from where I was comfortable and competitive at work. My career was not negatively impacted during this time even though my work group was downsized by 60+ %. Keeping me in the game, winning, I attribute to Dr. Valentine. I cannot say the same for Dr. Valentine's support Team at Mid-Atlantic Behavioral Health. It was Very Challenging to navigate their revolving and generally insensitive Staff. The general waiting room, first floor, was totally inappropriate for pre-session preparations. This environment was so dysfunctional as to cause anxiety rather than help eliminate it. Blaring TV station, which varied from visit to visit, doors opening and closing(LOUDLY) white noise machines to keep the less than sound proof walls from reviling our most intimate secretes. Walk in have a seat and see for yourself. Then ask yourself is this a facility that can help treat me(?). Fortunately Dr. Valentine has found, I pray, a more comfortable place, to practice her Craft. As Dr. Valentine has brilliant SKILLS. Unfortunately this is even further away than the 40+ min, one way, drive for me. I'm now searching for someone to call the next time I sense a drifting or a change in my Brain Chemistry. Not all Psychiatrists MD/DO are Gifted and have what I call Brain Chemistry skills. Dr. Valentine is Gifted and has A+ Skills! Go, meet and interview Dr. Valentine for yourself. Believe no one. Trust the person in your mirror.

September 15th, 2016
horrendous
Most unknowledgeable Doctor I have ever seen. Cannot begin to explain her inadequate ability to prescribe medications and properly follow up with serious life threatening side effects. I feel she should not EVER prescribe medications.

August 4th, 2016
Always takes the time to listen to my needs. Never feel rushed.

September 14th, 2015
Horrible experience
I cannot express how much I recommend AGAINST going to MidAtlantic Behavioral Health and Dr. Valentine in particular. One of the worst experiences Ive ever had in a doctor. She first prescribed an antidepressant but it was giving me horrible side effects, including suicidal thoughts, so I called her office immediately. I hadnt heard back after two days despite the urgency which I explained on the phone, and despite numerous other calls to the office. Finally after four days of horrible side effects I had to show up in her office and demand an appointment because the medicines effects were ruining my life. Now even when I am in a great place on a different medication, I almost never get a response from her office and have had to physically go into her office without an appointment to get a prescription because no one in the office will talk to you on the phone. It is a complete run-around and a waste of time, you are much better off finding any other doctor in the area even if they are a mediocre one.

November 20th, 2016