Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
University City
North County Ob-Gyn Medical
9850 Genesee Ave
Ste 600
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-554-7700
Locations and availability (1)

by G. on Sep 15th, 2014

A zero. My review is about Dr. Washkowiach. Three years ago I saw her for my annual check up at that time I let her know i was having issues with loss of hair, fatigue, and jaw pain, all my symptoms were dismissed. I found out months later i had thyroid cancer. I asked her the following year why she did not check my Thyroid, her response was that she never checked the Thyroid, that way she would never miss a tumor. At the beginning of 2014, again i saw her for my annual checkup and a pain I had on the right side. I thought and shared with her that it could be a hernia, because i was able to push it back when it hurt. Again, no further test was done, under an examination she told me she could not feel anything including my Ovaries. (Considering my age that is not unusual) Fast forward, a few months, i decided to have an ultrasound after having an appointment with her Physician Assistant and my concern for my ovaries and expanded stomach. Again after an exam I was told that she could not feel my ovaries. I had the ultrasound and they found a 7cm cyst (that is 3" in size) and a very large right ovaries that needed immediate attention. I am very fortunate that it is benign, but it could have been a catastrophic event for me.

|  FANTASTIC DR!!  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2013

Dr. Washkowiak is a FANTASTIC Dr. She is extremely caring, pays careful attention to YOU, and makes the whole process easy (I am one of those that hates getting my annual). I have not yet had to use her for any pregnancies, but I'm sure she would be fantastic for anyone.

|  Nice But Not The Right Fit  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

While Dr. Washkowiak can present herself as kind and compassionate, during the past two of the 6 years I have gone to see her for my annual exam I have felt as though I am rushed through my appointments with her and pushed aside because I am not as important as her pregnant patients. I have had some major issues with fatigue and despite having me complete a blood panel and reviewing my results, she had no answer nor did she have a plan to get me the medical help I needed (simply referring me to a Specialist would have been nice). Also, I have had Yeast Infection symptoms for long enough and she took a culture to have it tested and gave me antibiotics for it but when I called to let her know that the meds did not work, it almost seemed like I was irritating her when insisting that I had the horribly uncomfortable symptoms but that my tests had come back negative. Overall I know that many of her patients love her and I can see why, but as I previously stated, I feel as though I am not treated or regarded the same as her pregnant patients.

by chandreyee on Mar 28th, 2011

My experience with Dr Washkowiak was amazing. to me she is like the best doctor ever who very efficiently guided me through my pregnancy and explained everything very minutely. i would recommend her to every woman who needs a doctor.

Jun 10th, 2010

Dr. Washkowiak is a great OB/GYN. I would highly recommend her to others. I've had 2 kids while under her care, and whenever i had concerns during my pregnancy, she made me come in just to make sure that everything was okay. She wanted me to feel comfortable and not stress out during my pregnancy. She is very caring and takes the time to explain her diagnosis. I've been under the care of another OB/GYN in the past, and Dr. Washkowiak is by far the best.