Dr. Kip Lyche MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 11 reviews

January 12th, 2016
I would recommend Dr. Lyche for his expertise, however, his staff is incompetent and quite possibly the worst in the business.

August 20th, 2015
the office girls a nasty and rude

October 29th, 2014
worst doctor ever
my husband almost died from his care

September 1st, 2014
Office staff is disgraceful and rude
Dr. Lyche tries hard, I guess. His staff and assistants are deplorable and I would avoid this office at all cost if the MD was not my plan's GI specialist. This staff think that they are in charge of your care and that you owe them! His personal medical assistant is rude, disorganized, gruff, and shallow. She should not be in healthcare, at all. She needs to go eat another Big Mac and take a long hard look at herself in the mirror. She is not that special.

June 16th, 2014
A village of idiots
The office staff are incompetent and lose paperwork easily. Never call me back when I leave messages. Fouled up my treatment schedule. Allowed for authorizations to expire. Sent wrong information to me. Lyche is OK but I feel like I am just a date and time in an appointment book even though I have been a patient for several years.

November 10th, 2012
My colonoscopy was on a Friday. When I felt distress after I came home, I called the office, was put on hold, then told Dr was busy and took a message. Receptionist gave Dr wrong call back number so I didn't get call back but off to hospital via ambulance I went. Dr lyche was consulting w ER doc on the phone giving misinformation where by I was being treated for something that never happened. Six days and nearly $40k later, I was released w an appology.

February 18th, 2012
Most caring doctor ever had
He doesn't give up. He continues to try different medicines and treatments to find the one that works for you. Will return a phone call - usually the same day if having problems or have questions. He's very honest about prognosis and quality of life answers and is generous with his time during appointments.

November 10th, 2010
horrible expensive experience
I wish my primary care phys. would have referred me to a different dr, the P.A. is very rude, I had no follow up from the him, switched to another specialist in the office, also disappointing.

March 24th, 2010
office staff
Dr. Lyche is terrific. His attitude, humor and concern is most appreciated.His office is unfortunely another matter. Many times they are either uncaring, unresponsive or just incompetant. Truly a shame.

August 10th, 2009
Excellent
Best gastroenterologist in Ventura County. He has awesome bedside manner and really cares about his patients.

May 14th, 2009
Still Learning
I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and I'm still learning about the disease. Dr. Lyche is very responsive to all of my questions, no matter how minute, and even came in on his day off to see me. I have never had a doctor more responsive and accessible than Dr. Lyche. The only issue I have had was with his (former) office staff not turning in reports to my insurance that I now have to deal with. I would highly recommend Dr. Lyche to someone with my disease. I have a great partner in him to help guide me through all of this.