Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

168 N Brent St
Ste 404
Ventura, CA 93003
805-641-6525
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  our doctor  |  show details
by dawn fins on Feb 21st, 2013

|  show details
Nov 10th, 2012

My colonoscopy was on a Friday. When I felt distress after I came home, I called the office, was put on hold, then told Dr was busy and took a message. Receptionist gave Dr wrong call back number so I didn't get call back but off to hospital via ambulance I went. Dr lyche was consulting w ER doc on the phone giving misinformation where by I was being treated for something that never happened. Six days and nearly $40k later, I was released w an appology.

|  Most caring doctor ever had  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

He doesn't give up. He continues to try different medicines and treatments to find the one that works for you. Will return a phone call - usually the same day if having problems or have questions. He's very honest about prognosis and quality of life answers and is generous with his time during appointments.

|  Janet Fairbanks  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

This Doctor is an excellent doctor. He's been helping me with interferon for my Hepatitis C. He explains everything to you. Blood work etc. He is one of the best Doctors around.

|  horrible expensive experience  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

I wish my primary care phys. would have referred me to a different dr, the P.A. is very rude, I had no follow up from the him, switched to another specialist in the office, also disappointing.

|  Pathetic office staff  |  show details
by Coopfinn on May 19th, 2010

The office staff is hands down the biggest bunch of dip shits I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. It's next to impossible to see the actual "Doctor" you can always get in to see the N.P. you just better hope that she doesn't refer you, or have to wait for authorization because the incompetent staff will surely lose or forget the paper work. I recommend that Dr. Lyche fires his staff and starts over, they are a disorganized mess!

|  office staff  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2010

Dr. Lyche is terrific. His attitude, humor and concern is most appreciated.His office is unfortunely another matter. Many times they are either uncaring, unresponsive or just incompetant. Truly a shame.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2009

Best gastroenterologist in Ventura County. He has awesome bedside manner and really cares about his patients.

|  Still Learning  |  show details
May 14th, 2009

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and I'm still learning about the disease. Dr. Lyche is very responsive to all of my questions, no matter how minute, and even came in on his day off to see me. I have never had a doctor more responsive and accessible than Dr. Lyche. The only issue I have had was with his (former) office staff not turning in reports to my insurance that I now have to deal with. I would highly recommend Dr. Lyche to someone with my disease. I have a great partner in him to help guide me through all of this.