Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

by Richard Gullon on Aug 20th, 2015

the office girls a nasty and rude

worst doctor ever show details worst doctor ever
by dawn fins on Oct 29th, 2014

my husband almost died from his care

Office staff is disgraceful and rude show details Office staff is disgraceful and rude
by Anonymous on Sep 1st, 2014

Dr. Lyche tries hard, I guess. His staff and assistants are deplorable and I would avoid this office at all cost if the MD was not my plan's GI specialist. This staff think that they are in charge of your care and that you owe them! His personal medical assistant is rude, disorganized, gruff, and shallow. She should not be in healthcare, at all. She needs to go eat another Big Mac and take a long hard look at herself in the mirror. She is not that special.

A village of idiots show details A village of idiots
by Raeanna on Jun 16th, 2014

The office staff are incompetent and lose paperwork easily. Never call me back when I leave messages. Fouled up my treatment schedule. Allowed for authorizations to expire. Sent wrong information to me. Lyche is OK but I feel like I am just a date and time in an appointment book even though I have been a patient for several years.

our doctor show details our doctor
by dawn fins on Feb 21st, 2013

Nov 10th, 2012

My colonoscopy was on a Friday. When I felt distress after I came home, I called the office, was put on hold, then told Dr was busy and took a message. Receptionist gave Dr wrong call back number so I didn't get call back but off to hospital via ambulance I went. Dr lyche was consulting w ER doc on the phone giving misinformation where by I was being treated for something that never happened. Six days and nearly $40k later, I was released w an appology.

Most caring doctor ever had show details Most caring doctor ever had
Feb 18th, 2012

He doesn't give up. He continues to try different medicines and treatments to find the one that works for you. Will return a phone call - usually the same day if having problems or have questions. He's very honest about prognosis and quality of life answers and is generous with his time during appointments.

Janet Fairbanks show details Janet Fairbanks
Apr 16th, 2011

This Doctor is an excellent doctor. He's been helping me with interferon for my Hepatitis C. He explains everything to you. Blood work etc. He is one of the best Doctors around.

horrible expensive experience show details horrible expensive experience
Nov 10th, 2010

I wish my primary care phys. would have referred me to a different dr, the P.A. is very rude, I had no follow up from the him, switched to another specialist in the office, also disappointing.

Pathetic office staff show details Pathetic office staff
by Coopfinn on May 19th, 2010

The office staff is hands down the biggest bunch of dip shits I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. It's next to impossible to see the actual "Doctor" you can always get in to see the N.P. you just better hope that she doesn't refer you, or have to wait for authorization because the incompetent staff will surely lose or forget the paper work. I recommend that Dr. Lyche fires his staff and starts over, they are a disorganized mess!

office staff show details office staff
Mar 24th, 2010

Dr. Lyche is terrific. His attitude, humor and concern is most appreciated.His office is unfortunely another matter. Many times they are either uncaring, unresponsive or just incompetant. Truly a shame.

Excellent show details Excellent
Aug 10th, 2009

Best gastroenterologist in Ventura County. He has awesome bedside manner and really cares about his patients.

Still Learning show details Still Learning
May 14th, 2009

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and I'm still learning about the disease. Dr. Lyche is very responsive to all of my questions, no matter how minute, and even came in on his day off to see me. I have never had a doctor more responsive and accessible than Dr. Lyche. The only issue I have had was with his (former) office staff not turning in reports to my insurance that I now have to deal with. I would highly recommend Dr. Lyche to someone with my disease. I have a great partner in him to help guide me through all of this.