Dr. Kiran Kamat MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 18th, 2017
Trustworthy
His level of knowledge was beyond my expectations. I was extremely happy with the level of care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kamat.

July 8th, 2015
Phychiatric Patient for Over 20 Years
I have NEVER in my 20 years of treatment been with such an unprofessional doctor! I saw this gentleman (if you may call him that) 4 times. He immediately diagnosed me after 25 minutes, listening to very few words I even said as having General Anxiety Disorder. Now being that I have been seeing Numerous doctors over the years it struck me odd that he made no mention of the CLEARLY SEVERE depression. He quickly wrote me my meds and ushered me out in less than 45 minutes ON THE INITIAL CONSULTATION. So I continue treatment with Dr Kamat for approximately 4 months. This month my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer so immediately I called my doctor due to the state of my mind. He refused to take my calls. After 3 time PLEADING with someone to call me back on his emergency line, I get a call back from his receptionist advising me the doctor is on vacation. Let me say this is the first time in my history a psychiatrist has left unavailable without notice or at least an alternative in case of an emergency such as this. So FINALLY after 4 days DR. KAMAT calls me back personally. He tells me to wait until he returns for my emergency. I told him that would not be sufficient. I asked for a reference as to someone I could see in his stead in the meantime. He said "JUST WAIT" and hung up on me. Since then I have called his office, emergency line, and appointment line numerous times just to get forwarded to his voicemail. The only thing Dr. Kamat is interested in is the initial visit (which he gets paid twice what his normal visit costs) BEWARE. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

August 21st, 2013
Very Scary
I've spoken to a lot of people and it is not only I that feel this way, Something is very wrong with him. As others have said, very cold, takes as little time as possible, completely unprofessional and is corrupt. He had written a good back to work note for me. Then after speaking to someone where I worked, he changed the note against me. As a result, my life has been ruined. I was shocked. He is COMPLETELY dishonest and and has no integrity. He has certainly forgotten about "Do No Harm". Do whatever you can to get someone other than Dr. Kamut.

November 16th, 2011
do not see this guy
I've been seeing him for some time now and all he does is text and refill prescriptions for me. I have been taking my meds for ten years and i still have to go see him before he will refill my prescriptions....cannot wait to get away from him. no bedside manners, you are just a number to him.

June 20th, 2011
Uncaring, unprofessoinal, unethical, incompetant, arrogant, argumentative, petty, abhorrant...
Takes phone calls during sessions, makes promises and never follows through, spends as little time with patients as possible and does not bother to make a thorough diagnosis, and when called upon his abhorrant behavior he went about spreading malicious rumors to other healthcare providers involved in patient care. Held ransom disability paperwork because of a delay in payment due to the shift from employer paid insurance to COBRA. In short AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS IF YOU WANT ANY SORT OF COMPETANT CARE.

January 22nd, 2015