Dr. Kirk Andrus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kirk Andrus?

April 21st, 2010

The wait isn't too bad, sometimes it's as short as 5 min, as long as 45 min, it really depends. But what I really like about this place is that the staff members are really friendly and every time I went with my daughter (he's her pediatrician), I've always seen the doctor! My daughter doesn't do well with strangers or faces she doesn't see often right now and yet she loves it when Dr. Andrus holds her.I unfortunately already have a family care physician designated by my insurance that I cannot change (My daughter got lucky to have Dr. Andrus, he's not on my insurance network but we could argue the point since he's the one who was present at my daughter's birth). I know for fact that for last two years, I've never been shown to a doctor, always a nurse practitioner, and if I need any form to be signed by a doctor, I couldn't just do it during my visit, I had to drop off the form and wait a few days! I know nurse practitioner gets a lot of training and all, but seriously, I cannot even see a doctor to get one signature during my appointment? - from my past experience I know how hard it is to see a doctor for a regular checkup visit, and my daughter has been shown to Dr. Andrus every time so far! He even takes his sweet time to talk to her and play with her while checking her heartbeat and other things.I believe that the times I have to wait for a long time (45 minutes one time) was because he spends a lot of time with each patient, because he always spends a lot of time during her checkup and explains things when I ask questions.I definitely recommend this doctor to anyone. His practice office looks a little old, but as long as it is sanitary I don't mind it. Also, the sports bar & grill that's across the street serves a great breakfast at good cost (it opens at 6am or something early), that was also his recommendation on food when we asked about any good place to eat at kelseyville ^_^ - it also has a great lunch and dinner and appetizer (calamari is so soft, not chewy like other restaurant's)

August 27th, 2008

Great Doctor... Great Person...

Dr Andrus is not only a great doctor he is a great person. He not only practices medicine with sensitivity and caring, he gives his time to his patients and volunteers throughout the community. The only problem with Kirk is there is only one of him.

April 21st, 2017