A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Charles Avent:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Avent, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Avent graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Charles Kirk Avent MD is a male Internist, has 46 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- Where does Dr. Charles K. Avent practice?
- Dr. Charles Avent has 1 office location.
Dr. Charles Avent practices Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Infectious Disease Doctors.