Dr. Kirk Chung MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

Great Doctor
I saw Dr. Chung, for a short time while I was at KBMC. He was very kind to me, and understood how I felt. I would reccamend this doctor to anyone who suffers from depression/mood disorder.

June 13th, 2011
Danger to the Profession
I saw Dr Chung when I was at Kettering Behaviorial Medicine center and he was extremely rude ! He always threatned me and told me to stop crying when I really couldn't control it . Some of the times where I was having those negative thoughts I went into the Emergency Room and the on call doctor was doctor Chung , The nurse called him to see If I could get admitted to KBMC but he just said no ! He just needs to go home. I would not recomend this rude & disrespectful to anyone !!

December 17th, 2010
Dr.Chung is a great doctor , when I saw him he was very nice and we could get a hold of him easily.

October 3rd, 2010
a stitch in time
Dr. Chung is a caring, compassionate professional. He has a real connection with my son and understands how he thinks. I feel lucky we found him in time. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help with their teen's behavior.

February 10th, 2010
DANGER!!!! DO NOT USE DR CHUNG!!!!
Dr. Chung treated my 17 year old daughter. He switched her medication to one that is banned for adolescents. He had us put her in an outpatient day program so that he could monitor the effects the meds had on her for 2 weeks. She had horrible panic attacks, migraine headaches, no sleep and other side effects that were listed as dangerous and to be reported to the Doctor immediately. We (parents) could not get a hold of Dr. Chung to report her problems. Dr. Chung did not see her even ONCE during her 2 weeks in the outpatient program! The counselors treated her horribly and harrassed her and threatened her. She was supposed to be tutored to catch up in school while she recovered from pneumonia but there were no tutors and she wasn't allowed to study. She couldn't stand the panic attacks, headaches and lack of sleep any longer and ended up hanging herself. Dr. Chung is a danger to the profession! I went back to the center to pick up my coat I left there and another parent and adolescent were complaining of the same problems and that they couldn't get in touch with Dr. Chung either. How many children have to die?

May 1st, 2008
Awful. Torture.
Doctor diagnosed me with Schizophrenia, which was later changed by another doctor to mood disorder. Prescribed Abilify, when had allergic reaction, was not available and then recommended Benadryl for sleeping against manufacturer directions. Then changed medication program to Risperdal, Seroquel (which caused pre-diabetic blood sugar level to rise to 115), and Depakote. Commented that he was trying to get 'titration' right, I'm familiar with titrations from chemistry lab but if you get one drop off it's noted in the notebook. My body is not Chemistry Lab. Went off the meds, finished my degree and doing fine without drugs (unless it's wine you're talking about), and oh yeah grapefruit juice is nice again.