Dr. Kirk Churukian Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kirk Churukian?

Posted on July 26th, 2016

Have experienced excellent service and professional modalities over last several years. Staff is great to work with as well.

highly recommend

Posted on June 14th, 2016

I had a face lift after 4 fraxel treatments. He knows what he is doing and I felt very confident in his abilities. My procedures were in 2009. I am having Micro needling done now to eliminate wrinkles. My estatician is constantly commenting on the fine surgery performed on my face

great dr

Posted on February 27th, 2014

A doctor who really cares

Posted on February 17th, 2014

I went to 3 different doctors for a consult on Breast Augmentation and all but Dr. churukian had said high profile with over 400 cc's would be fine because I wanted to have at least a D cup. After discussing with Dr. Churukian why his opinion was different I not only learned that I did not have enough breast tissue for that big of implant but also that the size would not fit my proportions and make me look bigger. I decided to do the surgery with him & I am so happy with the results. I'm glad that I listened to a doctor that truly cared about what my outcome would be not just taking my money.I went to 3 different doctors for a consult on Breast Augmentation and all but Dr. churukian had said high profile with over 400 cc's would be fine because I wanted to have at least a D cup. After discussing with Dr. Churukian why his opinion was different I not only learned that I did not have enough breast tissue for that big of implant but also that the size would not fit my proportions and make me look bigger. I decided to do the surgery with him & I am so happy with the results. I'm glad that I listened to a doctor that truly cared about what my outcome would be not just taking my money.

Botched rhinoplasty

Posted on July 27th, 2011

Dr. Churukian performed a primary rhinoplasty. I was not happy with the results. He told me to wait a year so I did. I was still unhappy so, with much reservation, I allowed him to do a revision. I had to pay the fee for the anesthesiologist and surgery center. My nose turned out horribly. I regret ever letting him touch my face. I am left with a bulbous downturned beak nose deformity. I have seen several secondary rhinoplasty specialists and they are all reluctant to try to fix his botched work due to the scar tissue that has developed. And they want to charge between $12K to $18K to even try. After 10 years, I am still horrified with my results. I hate looking at myself in the mirror and in pictures. Do NOT go to Dr. Churukian for rhinoplasty.

Doctor's Response

It is unfortunate that one disgruntled patient is involved in posting false reviews. We have reported this to Vitals.com. Revisions are part of the process and occur rarely. In over 15 years of practice our revision rate is less than 2% for most procedures. This policy is carefully reviewed with each patient as is the risks of the surgery. We pride ourselves on providing a caring and supportive enviroment both before and after procedures. We want patients to be happy - and the vast majority are completely satisfied.

Lower eyelid surgery

Posted on September 2nd, 2009

I had a nightmare experience with my lower eyelid surgery. He took too much skin from my eyelids that it made my lids look inverted. I had to fly twice to Oxnard, California to get reconstructive surgery on both eyelids with a Plastic Surgeon that does only Eyes. The cost of reconstruction cost more than the initial surgery with Dr. Churukian.

Doctor's Response

Puzzling, we have no patient with these initials. Nor do we have any patient who has ever had to have corrective surgery following lower eyelid surgery. Problem with these sites is there is no corroboration necessary to post anything about anyone.

annon.

Posted on May 6th, 2009

Dr. Churukian did an excellent breast reduction for me. I could not be happier. His staff and follow up were so wonderful, and my experience was much more positive then others I know who have had a similar procedure. I would highly recommend him or his office.

Find someone else

Posted on March 2nd, 2009

I underwent a neck lift with this guy and I nearly died. He had to do corrective surgery, twice. He does not return phone calls. He failed to give me antibiotics when he knew I have had two heart valves replaced. He even offered my wife a breast augmentation when my wife had just undergone a duel lung transplant. Do not use this man.

Doctor's Response

This gentlemen unfortunately had an infection weeks after his procedure that was caused by his improper hygiene after use of the bathroom. His assertion that he was improperly treated is simply false and his assertion re: his wife is just ridiculous. His phone calls were returned in a timely fashion, yet he never responded. Our practice provided a year of followup for this patient to see him through this complication. He was well informed of the higher risks of the procedure he chose and it remains the first and only complication of this nature I have seen. Everyone hates complications and we strive to work with our patients to obtain the best outcomes. But it is a partnership. No physician is perfect and we all have complications. They are rare but an ever present risk of any surgery.

Posted on October 20th, 2017