by G.H.O. on Jun 16th, 2015

Dr. Kirk L. Jensen saw me in November 2014 and I had two MRI's and he has not followed up with me. I am still waiting to hear from him and go over my results from the MRI, plus he talked about sending me to see another Dr. and I have not received a referral letter to the Dr. and why I need to go that Dr. which my Insurance is asking for.

Neglected due to insurance show details Neglected due to insurance
by Dioma Burks on Jun 9th, 2015

I agree Dr Jensen is a excellent surgeon and just that. I also agree the front desk staff deserves no stars. However if the office suspects its not going to be paid by your insurance they stop responding and send you out the back door. More Dr's. need to care about their patients instead of dollars signs. Im still doing physical therapy and refused a follow-up to because of fear they wont be paid since i relocated.

Wanted the Best! show details Wanted the Best!
by Sharon Wash on Dec 26th, 2014

After my surgeon in Washington told me that he didn't know if he could fix the substantial tears in my rotator cuff due to a dislocated shoulder incident, my daughter in Lafayette (a physician herself) went on a search to find me the best possible surgeon in the East Bay. Dr. Jensen looked at my MRI and explained what needed to be done and how he would do it. I was able to schedule surgery the following week. I have followed the explicit instructions he gave me at my follow-up appointment two weeks after surgery. I just saw him at 10 weeks after, and I am confident that I will eventually be as good as, or almost as good as, I was before I had the accident. This is what I discovered: Dr. Jensen is highly qualified by virtue of his knowledge and experience. He has an extraordinary rate of success because of his skill and protocol for recovery. I found him to be an enjoyable person with a sense of humor and a real concern for me as a patient. He is the reason this whole ordeal has been more than tolerable.. He isthe orthopedic surgeon you want, and I recommend him and his staff most highly.

Shoulder Rotator Cuff Surgery show details Shoulder Rotator Cuff Surgery
by Lorraine Bailo on Apr 16th, 2013

Dr. Kirk Jensen is the best in all aspects of knowledge and being thorough from beginning to healing. When injured at work, I strongly pursued Dr.Kirk Jensen for the repair of my shoulder rotator cuff....his trust and expertise is learned within several minutes of an appointment. He is right up front and to the point in terms of easily understanding the all around injury and procedure. He is truly a miracle worker and the utmost best in his field.

My first appointment with Dr. Jensen show details My first appointment with Dr. Jensen
by Jim Baca on Mar 8th, 2013

Due to the pain, I was expecting to have to get surgery on my right shoulder. After the doctor’s exam, he gave me a cortisone shot and within a minute the pain greatly decreased. He prescribed PT and a follow up appointment. He was very professional and had a pretty good sense of humor. I would highly recommend Doctor Jensen.

Relief to my body,Soul and Mind. show details Relief to my body,Soul and Mind.
Aug 30th, 2012

From what gathered in my evaluation, first time visit I was very much impressed on how quickly the assessment was made which relieved me of the hopeless and painful future that I thought I was going to live. Thanks again Dr. Jensen

Mar 10th, 2011

I found Dr Jensen to be excellent. He took plenty of time to explain my options after explaining the injury, and was very clear and involved with post op care as well. He is very strict in his directions, as they are well thought out and time tested. I recommend him highly.

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
Dec 20th, 2010

I went in for rotator cuff surgery and woke up to him telling me that when he got in there, it wasn't necessary. He cleaned up a bunch of junk and I was almost as good as gold 48 hours later. No unnecessary surgery and it feels great. He also redid my dad's shoulder surgery after another surgeon botched the job. But the wait for your appointment is way too long and follow-up instructions after surgery were confusing.

Hands down the best in the business!! show details Hands down the best in the business!!
Nov 23rd, 2010

In a wakeboarding accident I tore 3 rotator cuff muscles right off the humerous head. After Kaiser botched 2 surgeries, I researched and found Dr. Jensen. His surgery was spot on and I can honestly say that I have complete range of motion, I have been back in the gym training with heavy weights, and the pain is very minor where the concentration of the damage was. I really couldnt be happier. By the way this was my 7th shoulder surgery in my life time and if I ever need another one, Ill be right back in his office.

One of the Best show details One of the Best
by Samuel Cangiamilla on Jun 29th, 2010

I have worked in Healthcare for 30 years, I know loads of Drs. Dr. Jensen is one of the best you will find. Not only is he a top notch surgeon, but great bed side manner, willing to listen, (with empathy) and conveys a true sense of care and concern about your particular medical condition. I have had one shoulder replaced by him and am going to have the other one done in three weeks. I'm freaking, but I also know I'm in good hands. The Lord is with this doctor.

Sep 26th, 2009

in my opinion, has a very large ego that gets in the way of the doctor patient relationship.