A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Kirk Peterson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kirk Peterson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kirk Peterson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pathologic Constriction
- Pulmonary Embolism
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Peterson graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Peterson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kirk Lowery Peterson MD is a male Internist, has 48 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Kirk L. Peterson practice?
- Dr. Kirk Peterson has 4 office locations.
Dr. Kirk Peterson practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Internists and La Jolla Cardiologists.