Dr. Kirk Lewis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kirk Lewis?

August 18th, 2015

2 .5 years later still in pain

My 17 year old daughter was getting increased knee pain. She was a competitive soccer player and it was getting worse. She started school at Boise State as a freshmen and after getting referrals that he was the best because he was the Broncos football team doctor, we went to Dr. Lewis. My daughter went in for initial visit and was told she needed an MRI. My daughter said he was ok, much like a typical doctor. It took many phone calls to find out the MRI results. I live 500 miles away and my daughter was underage. Dr. Lewis finally called me to explain my daughter needed surgery, she had plica build up and needed a lateral release. After researching about a lateral release, I was very hesitant to do this because most results were not good. He assured me this was the way to go. After surgery my daughter had a lot of pain and needed crutches for several weeks. The doctor told her she could bare weight after surgery, but that was impossible. During PT she had a lot of weakness in her quad which they could not explain why. The recovery took much longer than expected. 6 months after surgery she still was having continual pain and was unable to play soccer at all. One year later still in pain had to have second surgery for plica build up again. After second surgery pain not as bad as first but 2 1/2 years later, my daughter still has pain and swelling. Dr. Lewis' attitude about it is that he is not sure why she is still in pain, but has no other options either to correct the problem. Dr. Lewis's bedside manner was like most doctors today, short. He is not very personable, he doesn't give all the information unless you do your research and ask tons of questions. He does act annoyed, but oh well. I would not recommend him sorry! We are looking for another doctor for my daughter. At the age of 19, I don't want her to have to live in pain the rest of her life.

January 7th, 2015

Good caring doctor

December 22nd, 2009

Find a different doctor

Doesn't give pre-surgery care instructions or post-surgery instructions and PT unless asked. Came in a week after surgery to get stitches removed - someone else did them. He came in looked that them and said I need to have them wrapped. He handed me the bandage to wrap it myself. Had to ask for the referral for Physical Therapy. Surgery not even close to the other ACL surgery I had. Still unstable, locks up, swollen --- I am 4 months post-op.

October 25th, 2014