Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

patient show details patient
by carol on Mar 23rd, 2014

this doctor is the best of the best.iv had alot of doctors,but this one listens to your problems,gives you great care,and most important to me,is very caring.i refuse to move out of the area or switch plans all because i have this doctor.when i want an appointment,i get one the same day.i couldnt be any happier.im so blessed to have him as my doctor

I Gave 7 Years and the Benefit of the Doubt show details I Gave 7 Years and the Benefit of the Doubt
Aug 23rd, 2013

When I retired I needed to puchase health insurance. Because of a pre existing condition my options were limited. Kaiser offered me coverage. I chose Dr Pagel randomly. On my first visit I expressed my concerns about managed care. In my working days I had excellent PPO coverage. Dr Pagel assured me that I would learn to love Kaiser. After 7 years I can emphatically say that he was wrong. This is not managed it's micro-managed care. Here are a few examples of Dr. Pagels work: I was given a physical exam (no charge) that consisted of the doctor typing into the computer. When I got home I emailed him. (You cannot call your Kaiser doctor on the phone.) I told him that this was the first physical exam that I ever had where the doctor never looked down my throat, checked my ears, used a stethoscope, and who physically never examined me. He asked me to come back, and billed me for the visit. As always it was not his fault. It never is. After a fasting lipid panel a support staffer, who was new on the job phoned me with the results. He said that everything looked great but that I tested HIV positive. I was stunned. I immediately asked to speak to the doctor. It was the longest five minutes of my life. Dr Pagel told me that the assistant misinformed me. As i said, it's never his fault. These are just two examples of many mishaps. Whenever I spoke privately with nurses, clinicians or other Kaiser employees, I always ask about the doctors, and who had the best patient client relationship. The answers were pretty uniform. If I mentioned Dr. Pagel, I got no answer, rolling of the eyes, or you're not the first. I'm definitely switching doctors, but first I want to see how the affordable healthcare act plays out.

Mar 23rd, 2012

Dr. Pagel is the only reason that I have stayed with Kaiser. He is kind and very, very compassionate. His exams are very thorough. He is a true asset to Kaiser.

Tori show details Tori
Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Pagel is an excellent doctor. Unfortunately, we changed insurance because Kaiser became too expensive for our budget. This doctor is friendly, yet professional, and seems to have a genuine interest in caring for patients. Would love to be able to go back to this doctor or find someone like him in our current insurance network!

New patient show details New patient
Aug 12th, 2011

I was very impressed. was taken in prior to my appt time doctor was very nice and very polite. Upon leaving I had totally changed my view of KP. All the rumors are false.

OK just an old Navy man show details OK just an old Navy man
May 13th, 2011

He has some really cute nurses

Bigot show details Bigot
May 26th, 2010

WARNING! This doctor is an egomaniacal bigot and does not like gays!

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Feb 1st, 2010

One of the best doctors I have had, would still be with him had I not moved across country!