Dr. Kirk Pagel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kirk Pagel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 12th, 2015

Rude, Insensitive & Discriminatory!

My first...& last...visit with Dr Pagel was a traumatizing experience. His outright homophobic remarks are completely inappropriate - especially in Palm Springs. He actually told me homosexual sex is 'disgusting'...among many other offensive statements. What made it all even worse is that these insults were delivered after waiting in the exam room over an hour. This guy should be fired!

March 24th, 2014

patient

this doctor is the best of the best.iv had alot of doctors,but this one listens to your problems,gives you great care,and most important to me,is very caring.i refuse to move out of the area or switch plans all because i have this doctor.when i want an appointment,i get one the same day.i couldnt be any happier.im so blessed to have him as my doctor

August 23rd, 2013

I Gave 7 Years and the Benefit of the Doubt

When I retired I needed to puchase health insurance. Because of a pre existing condition my options were limited. Kaiser offered me coverage. I chose Dr Pagel randomly. On my first visit I expressed my concerns about managed care. In my working days I had excellent PPO coverage. Dr Pagel assured me that I would learn to love Kaiser. After 7 years I can emphatically say that he was wrong. This is not managed it's micro-managed care. Here are a few examples of Dr. Pagels work: I was given a physical exam (no charge) that consisted of the doctor typing into the computer. When I got home I emailed him. (You cannot call your Kaiser doctor on the phone.) I told him that this was the first physical exam that I ever had where the doctor never looked down my throat, checked my ears, used a stethoscope, and who physically never examined me. He asked me to come back, and billed me for the visit. As always it was not his fault. It never is. After a fasting lipid panel a support staffer, who was new on the job phoned me with the results. He said that everything looked great but that I tested HIV positive. I was stunned. I immediately asked to speak to the doctor. It was the longest five minutes of my life. Dr Pagel told me that the assistant misinformed me. As i said, it's never his fault. These are just two examples of many mishaps. Whenever I spoke privately with nurses, clinicians or other Kaiser employees, I always ask about the doctors, and who had the best patient client relationship. The answers were pretty uniform. If I mentioned Dr. Pagel, I got no answer, rolling of the eyes, or you're not the first. I'm definitely switching doctors, but first I want to see how the affordable healthcare act plays out.

March 23rd, 2012

Dr. Pagel is the only reason that I have stayed with Kaiser. He is kind and very, very compassionate. His exams are very thorough. He is a true asset to Kaiser.

March 3rd, 2012

Tori

Dr. Pagel is an excellent doctor. Unfortunately, we changed insurance because Kaiser became too expensive for our budget. This doctor is friendly, yet professional, and seems to have a genuine interest in caring for patients. Would love to be able to go back to this doctor or find someone like him in our current insurance network!

August 13th, 2011

New patient

I was very impressed. was taken in prior to my appt time doctor was very nice and very polite. Upon leaving I had totally changed my view of KP. All the rumors are false.

February 1st, 2010

Great doctor

One of the best doctors I have had, would still be with him had I not moved across country!

June 7th, 2015