A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Fungal eye infections
- Orbital Diseases
- Uveitis (Anterior Uveitis)
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wilhelmus graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Wilhelmus has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Methodist Hospital - Houston
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wilhelmus accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kirk R. Wilhelmus practice?
Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.