A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wilhelmus
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Wilhelmus Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Fungal eye infections
- Orbital Diseases
- Uveitis (Anterior Uveitis)
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wilhelmus graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Wilhelmus has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Methodist Hospital - Houston
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kirk Robert Wilhelmus MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Kirk R. Wilhelmus practice?
- Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus has 3 office locations.
Dr. Kirk Wilhelmus practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.