Dr. Kirkham Wood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 25th, 2016
Scoliosis
He did extensive fusion for scoliosis - back to varsity training 4 months later. Zero discomfort after 6 months.

June 29th, 2015
The Best
DR Wood did a 2 level fusion on me in May 2015 and everyhting went extremely well from initial vists to post surgery follow up. The entire staff is exceptional!

September 11th, 2012
You're getting the best.

May 13th, 2012
Dr. Wood performed a 3 level spinal fussion on my back in 2006 with excellent results

August 29th, 2011
I just had a spinal fusion--my second one after 31 years. Dr. Wood knows his stuff, is caring, and honest. I was a bit leary since my first surgeon did an excellent job and I was 15 when I had my first surgery. However, Dr. Wood is a great surgeon and that's the important piece. He took time out of a busy schedule to call me while I was recovering at MGH and I appreciated that since I know how busy he is. I would definitely recommend him.

April 11th, 2011
Ankylosing Spondylitis
after 20 years of being told my back was inoperable Dr. Wood said he could do it. He did. The whole process went as smooth as possible. I got my life back. Dr.wood and his staff were great. I'm eternally grateful. Mass General is the best.

March 29th, 2011
Very impressed. Lives up to my expectations so far!
Spent time enough to answer all my questions and explain various procedures, length of surgery, recuperation, etc. The length of time was taken up with xrays, meeting with his assistant for a thorough preliminary discussion, and waiting for the CD I had brought with me to be ready for Dr Wood to review. None of this his fault - A good experience.

April 7th, 2010
Awesome Doctor!
i had my spinal fusion 15 years ago when Dr. Wood was in MN i was only 13 and very scared, Dr. Wood talked to ME in words that i understood instead of just talking to my parents like the Doctors here in Michigan did, he made me feel very comfortable with what was going on and even joked around with me the morning of surgey so i would 'lighten up' my surgery was on halloween and he even dressed up and gave me a bag of candy since i couldnt go trick-or-treating! my entire family and i feel he is an amazing Doctor!!! and i havent has ANY issues with my back (fusion with two rods) since! i wear at least 5inch stilettos everyday and im a hairstylist so i am on my feet all day constantly moving around!

March 28th, 2010
Poor communication skills for a doctor.A Research Doctor more interested in Grants, Studies and recruiting subjects for research then treatment.

February 4th, 2010
Horrible
This doctor has horrible bed side manner looks as if he is going to fall asleep during appt. He does not return phone calls and did not visit me in the hospital. I would not recommend him to anyone.

November 14th, 2009
glad i picked him
finally had to consider operation for serious spinal stenous. took my time and visited, lahey and tufts. choose dr wood and glad i did. he was very clear about what he wanted to do and why and the possibility of success. i am in 3rd week of recovery and doing very well.