Dr. Kirsten Andrews MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 5th, 2016
Amazing Doctor
I have been in the care of Dr Andrews since she started working at the Polyclinc. I have a chronic condition which means I check in often. She has always been kind and helpful and never has appeared rushed. She will take on insurance companies as your advocate, and then will play hide and seek with your 5 year old. She is caring and knowledgeable without being pushy. What I really appreciate is her sense of humor. That is so often undervalued in medicine today.

January 28th, 2015
Does not seem to like being a doctor in general...
TERRIBLE. NEVER AGAIN. I saw Dr. Andrews twice when I moved to Seattle - once for an annual physical and then again for a follow-up appointment. The first appointment was abysmal and I can only blame myself for going back for more. She seemed annoyed to be seeing patients in general on both visits. I actually heard her complain outside my door that she could not believe she had another patient to see (it was still early afternoon) and that she just "wanted to get out" of there. Not the most comforting comments coming from your doctor. Everyone is entitled to have a bad day every now and then but I experienced this same attitude on BOTH visits. I looked to her for a very general / routine checkup. I was misdiagnosed with some (interesting) things and wasted a follow-up visit trying to get to the bottom of it. I am willing to see ANY other doctor in Seattle, but not her again... ever. Consider yourself warned.

October 3rd, 2011
She's real.
I picked Kirsten simply by reading about her online a couple of years ago. She's honest, to the point & gives each patient her all. Really. Sounds cliche, but I really feel like I am one of three patients of hers when I am there. She remembers every little detail of what I am there for. She's darn near a friend....

May 29th, 2011
Dr. Andrews is not good
She is truly the worst Doctor I have ever visited. Here are a few specifics:Distracted - During appointments on more than one occasion, she dazed off and then apologized because "I was thinking about something else for a minute." Not focused and bad follow-up - She told me to cx a follow-up with a specialist and then at the next visit asked how that appointment was. When I reminded her that she told me not to have that procedure done her response was "oh year, right." What are doctor notes for?Never called or followed up after having several tests included 3 MRI's. Told me I might want to try alternative medicine because I'm in the "land of medical mysteries". She also asked me questions that demonstrated that she didn't know me at all as a patient even after going to her for 2+ years like "Have you ever been pregnant?" Yes, I have, twice and you should know that because we've talked about our children. If you're looking for a compassionate, professional, and knowlegable doctor, Dr. Andrews is not who you want.

April 21st, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Kirsten Andrews is a very good listener. Because she listened, I have been diagnosed with a genetic disease, a disease that would likely have gone undetected until menopause, and the damage to my liver, kidneys and heart would be irreversible. (I'm 27 years old, and she discovered my genetic disease: Hemochromatosis).I am grateful to have a GP that takes the time to listen to my concerns, and follows through with treatment options. When I am in the room with her, I feel like the only patient she has for the day. She never makes me feel rushed, she has a very good sense of humor and appropriate bedside manner.This doctor is a life saver.

September 17th, 2010
Dr. Andrews is very attentive
I have used Dr. Andrews for a couple of years and she is a very genuine and real person. She offers suggestions and always wants to make certain that every possible question I have has been answered. The only time I had an issue was when she was on maternity leave and other doctors were covering for her. The one I got was just not the same. At all. She was rather condescending and harsh. I am glad Dr. Andrews is back!

March 22nd, 2010
wonderful doctor
Dr. Andrews is kind and thorough. I trust her completely. She listens and offers a lot of different options to help you. She is also super smart and seems to be very up-to-date in her medical knowledge. The only slight downside is the Polyclinic staff - they are often innapropriate and/or rude, but things seem well organized, so I guess they do some things right.

January 19th, 2010
Health Care Professional Who Really Cares

July 9th, 2009
Great doc
Dr. Andrews is thorough and a great listener. She encourages questions and doesn't lecture you. I feel very confident to put my health in her hands.

March 24th, 2017