Overall Review

3.0

June 11th, 2015
HIPPA VIOLATIONS
Besides the wait time always being over an hour then another hour once you get back, this doctor and staff discussed my medical records with out my consent. My family found out about my health issues through the doctor. This is a major violation and when brought to the doctors attention she was incredibly rude. Her office staff was rude as well including the girl who drew my blood! Did she even to to school! I had a bruise for almost two weeks after being poked three times all while she just chuckled and said opps. Totally unprofessional office. Wouldn't reccommend them to anyone!!!!

June 4th, 2015
I began seeing her after experiencing a fairly serious health problem. I am happy with the care I have received. She is thorough, patient, and kind. I have a great deal of confidence that my health problems are being well managed. Her staff is wonderful too.

December 2nd, 2014
This is one Dr. I would NEVER recommend anyone to see. I saw her when my regular Dr. was out of town and I had an emergency. She initially seemed professional so we switched over to her. After a few visits she demonstrated an arrogance and unprofessionalism in her treatment practices. Needless to say, she no longer is our Dr. besides the long waiting this Dr. seem she has every right dicuss my health with other family members. YES, she was investigated by the State of Michigan on more than one occassion of violating the HIPPA law and her only reply was "if I did dicsuss then I did not do personally" and was also investigated for others compliants and can be verified directly throught the State. As far as her husband he cheated me out my and my family co-payments when I switch jobs and never did remburse me even once. Her husband health is not the best just asked any Oakwood employees that has access to medical records regarding Asoka Jain and he is taken medication for his heart.

May 30th, 2014
When i called this office today, i patiently waited on hold for over ten mins with just a question i had. The lady who answered was very rude. i misunderstood something she asked and replied with an answer to her question of which i thought she asked. The way she snapped and raised her voice to re ask the question was not professional at all. It was like she was trying to make me look stupid with her laugh in the background. I work in the medical field as well and i would NEVER talk to a customer in that way EVER. I hope i will never have to call this business again. Thank you rude staff members.

July 12th, 2013
Competence and Compassion
Dr. Jain has been practicing family medicine in Taylor and Lincoln park for the last at least 18 years. My family followed her when she moved from Taylor to Lincoln Park. Probably the easiest physician to get an appointment with in the area because she will just stay longer and see every patient no matter what. Yes, at times it leads to a bit of waiting. She works late hours on Monday and Thursday and once saw me at 9:15 PM on Monday. She is board certified and always seems to know about the latest medications and treatments. Most important of all, she has this uncanny instict for what could be going on when you present with a simple problem. I have heard stories about her pursuing routine problems like a backache instead of just prescribing strong pain medications/narcotics, leading to early detection of much more severe underlying issues. A few disgruntled people have posted some negative comments below and I find them completely confounding. If every satisfied patient of Dr. Jain posted here, there will be hundreds of reviews. Someone's talking about her revealing medical information to family members overseas. Surely, she's got better things to do with her time and what doctor does not know about and comply with HIPAA? Another person talked about her husband having a heart attack. I have met him, he is one of the most helpful persons; when I had a billing issue, he called me the same evening and took care of it. And he did not have a heart attack, so some of the stuff below is pure fiction. She is very demanding in how her staff treats patients so perhaps unhappy ex-employees? This is one competent and compassionate physician, the two qualities you want in a family doctor.

April 27th, 2013
Dr. Jain is very easy to talk to ,she listens to my complaints or issues does'nt make me feel rushed.The last time i saw her she gave me her diagnosis and i really didn't believe it but test proved she was right.I have been going to Dr. Jain for over eight years and will continue to do so even though waiting time is long.

February 10th, 2011
Kelly
Clearly this Dr. has a better relationship with pharmaceutical companies rather then the well being of her own patients. This doctor should of put her own husband also a doctor on high blood pressure pills and cholerstrol pills before he had a heart attack.

January 1st, 2011
Robert
First vist and DR. wants to put me chrolestrol and blood pressure pills. Never asked about my diet or exercises. This Dr. is Very well know for doing this. So glad I am going somewhere else where the Dr. dissucss my food and to exercise every other day and I lost 20 lbs. without any meds. Thanks for nothing.

December 13th, 2010
wonderful doctor; caring, helpful, and efficient

May 31st, 2010
Thomas
Very knowledge but long wait. Appt at 9:00am arrived at 8:50am. Get called at 10:20am and wait again in room until 11:25 and left at 12:05pm

May 12th, 2010
No more
Did not like the idea of comming in with wife and discussing fertility difficulity. As soon as I walk out to bathroom the Dr. runs in room(after 25 mins. consult)to talk to wife "privately". What is hubby thinking first session? Actually, get worse with other sessions. Where is the trust??