Dr. Kirtida Rana MD Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Passaic, NJ

July 29th, 2015
Dr. Rana was so courteous and nice, my experience at the Pain Center was very pleasant. Everyone took great pride in what they did and you can tell in their teamwork. Dr. Rana was compassionate and gentile and kind in her mannerisms and she went above and beyond the call of duty to make me feel comfortable and confident.

June 2nd, 2015
Excellent physician. Caring, compassionate, completely thorough, and skilled in what she does. Absolute pleasure to speak to. Actually took the time to talk to me before and after the procedure and took great care of me. I would recommend her highly. Put me at ease immediately from the very beginning. The best.

January 26th, 2015
Terrible experience!
I am not a new bee at having surgical procedures... Unfortunately, this latest need for an anesthesiologist was number 13 in the last 10 years for me. That being said, having your life left in someone else's hand never gets any easier. At the time of my horrible experience, I was very vulnerable as I was positioning myself on the table in the procedure room. I watched as Dr. Rana was injection the anesthetic into my IV... I had not yet positioned my head and body correctly (as I was lying on my stomach and my neck was still up as I asked about the injection). I asked if that was the medicine that would make me sleep and she responded "yes". I didn't hear attitude in her voice but I could sense it by her body. I immediately said "wait i'm not ready yet". Her next move is what left me in shock.... She ripped the oxygen tube out of my nose and out from around my ears and voiced to the Dr (preforming the procedure) that she was terminating the procedure because I was unsure about it. I remember my heart pounding, I couldn't believe that was her reaction. All I was trying to say was that I had not yet positioned myself correctly and that I was not ready to be knocked out. I immediately burst into tears as I told her that was all that I meant. So she reattached the oxygen to my nose. Through my tears I told her I absolutely did NOT feel confident with her and for her to take care of me since my life would be in her hands. That is the point she knocked me out. It is the responsibility of the anesthesiologist to comfort and easy the patient into sleep. This was the most disgusting use of anesthesia I have ever experienced. Instead of fixing the fact that she brought me to tears and left me questioning her as my caregiver, she knocked me out with the anesthesia so as not to have to deal with me. After me procedure, I woke up and remember feeling violated and hurt. The nurses that were tending to me were being caring, as nurses in the recovery rooms normally are, but I remember I was very quiet and fighting back tears. I couldn't wait to get out of there and see my husband. My suggestion to anyone who may be having a procedure that Dr. Kirtida Rana will be apart of is..... Request another doctor that has compassion and interest beyond your money. Thank you for you time! Horrified patient