Surgical Specialist
5605 W Eugie Ave
Ste 111
Glendale, AZ 85304
888-322-7296
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  No time, no explanations, no consideration  |  show details
by Steve on Jun 19th, 2013

A doctor that does not take the time to explain procedures that are planned, nor take the consideration to ask a patient if they have questions, is a doctor that feels the patient is not important in my opinion. Dr. T performed knee surgery for me about a year and a half ago. To date I have had problems with the knee operated on by him constantly. I am now seeking another surgeon for an opinion on further treatment. My complaint about Dr. T however, is not his surgical skills, but rather his lack of consideration and respect for his patients. He spent a total of approximately 10-15 minutes with me cumulatively between all visits and pre-op. The visits I had with him would last between 1-2 minutes and did not give me the opportunity to ask questions about the procedure that was being scheduled. I should have been more assertive at that time, but you do get the feeling he is not interested in explaining the whats or whys regarding what he is planning on doing. Dr. T is the kind of doctor that appeals to a certain type of patient, one that holds a doctor as one not to be questioned nor queried. Maybe it is a cultural thing, but for me, I would never recommend Dr. T as he gives the impression he is above the patient and the patient's concerns.

Feb 26th, 2013

Dr. Tiperini may be a very smart man and a competent doctor but he has absolutely no bedside manner. I had ulnar nerve transposition. surgery. At the surgical center, he attempted to mark my hand for carpan tunnel surgery, I had to tell him why I was there. He then marked my arm and left. The time spent was approximately 1 minute. He had never explained what to expecty from the surgery. Luckily, I had looked it up on line so I was not ignorant of the facts. After the surgery, the nurse in recovery explained to my husband and I that she couldn't release me until the doctor had checked on me. Dr. Tipernini showed up in recovery, spoke to the woman next to me then left the facility. He never spoke to me. He did my carpal tunnel surgery several years ago and I was aware of his lack of personality but this time was far worse.

|  Best doctor yet!  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr. Tipirneni was an amazing doctor and he was the best decision I have ever made. i have no regrets. he was super efficient and very talented. Thank you so much Dr. Tipirneni.

|  Distracted With A God Complex  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

Dr. T is a highly educated, nice, likable but distracted and distant person. Being that I was in Phoenix and that he was trained in engineering and medicine, I choose him specifically for a knee injury. On multiple visits I discovered and observed his near obsession with minimum patient time, apparently,to advance his own medical data product application business. After an expensive MRI and "wait and see" process, I was told by another of Dr. T's partners in his absence that "only an X-ray could diagnose my issue". It was done, problem found. Surgery required for "fix". Nevertheless,s I chose Dr. T for my Arthroscopic Knee Surgery, again thinking of his technical attention to detail and availability. However, having misgivings, before my surgery, I personally contacted respected knee surgery centers in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Pensacola, Sidney and London with NFL-Soccer reputations (I even took a 6 hour highly rated on-line doctors AKS course!). Dr. T told me point-blank "You read to much", that "they" didn't know anything, he knew best. After his ten minute AKS procedure three months ago (at a surgery center partially owned by Dr. T.) my symptoms, though improved, remain. For me, I'm done with Phoenix Orthopedic Consultants! Scary, they don't even know how to pre-identity AKS portals for safe surgery nor realize the importance of 4 vs 2 portals as do all the other expert centers I consulted! An easy appointment is nice, but...for about $10,000 in charges, I expected a bit more. Be advised, beware.

by C.A., R. N. on Nov 30th, 2009

Dr. Tipirneni did Carpal Tunnel repair surgery on both of my hands. He is a skilled and extremely efficient surgeon. He is highly respected in the medical community and I would definitely recommend him as a surgeon.

Jul 6th, 2009

Very fast. Does not have much to say but is a great surgeon. Very up to date on latest technology.

by Linda on Feb 11th, 2009

I used this doctor for a hip replacement. He's very knowledgeable, courteous; up to date in the latest technology and uses it. Has a reputation of being a very skilled surgeon. I highly recommend him.