Dr. Kit Kuss MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Tallahassee, FL

• Good
  • Bad

February 3rd, 2016
Very patient minded, very good instructor.

March 13th, 2015
No the right Dr. for me!
Overall, I was not a fan of Dr. Kuss. I scheduled my first appointment with Dr. Kuss because I wanted help with losing weight and quitting smoking. He was not nasty or inappropriate by any means, but Dr. Kuss made me feel uncomfortable and ashamed of myself with his demeanor. He just seemed to be bothered that I was there asking for help to lose weight. I was able to obtain a prescription for Chantix to help me stop smoking (successful by the way), but how he handled the weight loss issue was very disappointing. He made me feel bad about myself and I thought he was a little condescending. I asking him about seeing a dietitian/nutritionist because I need help with making lifestyle changes but I guess the insurance didn't cover it. I told him that I was not successful with WW because I am not disciplined (or patient) to count points. Dr. Kuss mentioned a weight loss program that he does with his patient but he kept talking about how he was strict with it and how doesn't let just anyone on the program. He made patients do "homework" by going to some site and taking a survey and made them do a 2 week food log before he would let you do his program. They way it came across was that only the "select privileged" get to do his weight loss program. For someone who is struggling with obesity, this was not a good approach. It was more of a barrier in my opinion. I'll do a food log and take a survey, but perhaps he should make that a part of the program instead of a prerequisite. I shouldn't have to be privileged for my Dr. to help me. He should automatically work with me on weight loss because that is what I am paying him for! Perhaps I am being too sensitive but I will not be going back to him. Already switched doctors.

March 7th, 2014
Family physcian
Years ago while living in the local area, I was referenced to Dr. Kuss by a co-worker. This was one of the best references I ever received. Years later, I transferred to Jax Fl. So far, I have found the family physicians to be sub-standard. You are treated as a ticket number coming through the door and waiting to be processed The atmosphere I receive here seems to be about the quick buck and not the patient. If I ever return back to Niceville, I can gaurantee this, Dr. Kuss and his staff will get my business. I have even considered driving back (5 hour drive) to make an appointment).

July 10th, 2017