Dr. Kit Mccalla Is this you?

7 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Kit Mccalla?

Posted on May 4th, 2009

While Dr. McCalla thinks of himself as the quintessential communicator (see his LinkedIn), he is extremely egotistical in his communication style. His communication is one-sided. He goes into diatribes, utilizing medical terms. If one should interject a question to clarify what they do/donot understand, he will impatiently accuse you of "not listening", instead of questioning his own ability to communicate effectively. Additionally, he will look for a "pat on the back" for all the time he took "away from his other waiting patients" to go into his lengthy diatribe. As a businessman - my husband felt Dr. McCalla was extremely patronizing to me. As I asked a question - Dr. McCalla would turn and speak to my husband. Really now....I get more respect on a car lot.Talking a mile a minute and smiling while doing it is NOT "bedside manner". Ultimately, I found him uncaring about anything that didn't show up on the xray in front of him. I was even sent medical reports on two occasions with someone else's name on them. When I requested MY reports, it was clear that they are "form" reports, with the old name simply deleted and my name added in - which meant that some of the information in the reports was incorrect, not specific to my case....OR he had NOT reviewed the information with me that was in the reports.

Posted on March 20th, 2017