inactive

Kjartan D Armann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

January 4th, 2016
Great Dr.
I love how he treats our son like his own: He's very caring, patient and always addresses all of our concerns. Dr. Armann started seeing our son since birth (almost 10 months, and we've been pleased with all services.

September 22nd, 2013
We met Dr. Armann through a child birth prep class. Our daughter is 2.5 years and he has seen her for anything from check-ups to the mysterious rash. We love his office! One asset is his front office assistant, Stephanie. She is wonderful, caring, and attentive, in an industry that often makes a parent feel crazy when they want their child to be seen. Another asset , are his nurses, whom take the time to ask the reasons for your visit and any concerns that need to be addressed.

May 26th, 2011
Hot Happy
1. phone service is frustrating--virtually impossible to talk with doctor. Gatekeeper nurse/receptionist decided whether or not a phone call warrants a doctor's callback. When my call was handled by non-doctor, she got my information all mixed up.2. often only physician assistant is available. 3. I think doc is overworked and medical system makes it difficult for him. Maybe fewer patients would be a viable solution?? Pros: Dr. Armann is an excellent diagnostician Cons: He is overworked, whole staff emphasizes and radiates a "we're in control here" attitude.

May 9th, 2011
Good doctors; BAD office staff.
Good doctors; BAD office staff.We've had good experiences with Armann Kjartan D MD over the past year we've been going to him, and others I know share similar opinions of the other doctors there is relatively on-time for appointments, spends enough time with us to answer our questions, and I appreciate the office's use of technology (doctors use tablet PCs) to efficiently record data and even show us real-time growth trends and such on-screen.However, much of these experiences are consistently overshadowed by the unprofessional, generally irritable and elitest office staff. You don't dare ask to change an appointment to a time that works for you, or call and try to get an appointment in the next two weeks. Even the dr. makes it clear how "in demand" they are and how crazy you are for asking. Have two kids who need appointments around the same time of month? Best they can do is one in the morning, and one in the afternoon.Additionally, they can't seem to get our records or billing right. They constantly are asking for the same insurance card at each visit and did you know I just received a bill showing a $200 balance that's over 90 days late? My insurance pays it all, yet they can't seem to get that in their system and continue to send bills even though we've called and had staff, rushing to get us off the phone, say it would be handled.It's sad the doctors don't have more control to be able to hire staff that lives up to their higher level of professionalism and patient care. I put off writing about my experiences for months but after hearing similar stories from everyone I know who goes there (many of my co-workers do because it accepts our insurance), I decided it was time to lay it out for others.To summarize, come for the good medical care, but don't expect a pleasant experience outside the examination room.

November 5th, 2010
My son love him

July 15th, 2010
The worst doctor I've ever had!
Dr Armann was unfortunately the on call doctor when my newborn baby girl had jaundice. When the nurses called him he recommended formula feeding my baby without my consent (we were going to breast feed only). So the nurses gave her a bottle- they said they did not want to argue with the doctor. When he came in to see us my baby was crying. He literally said "put a cork in it kid", and shoved a pacifier into my baby's mouth (again, we only wanted to breast feed). He then complained that he had been awoken early to come in to be on call. Later he became very frustrated when we asked for a bili blanket so I could hold my daughter (she hated the bili light, and human contact is so important to a new born- we eventually got the blanket even without his help). Right away he said he didn't care what we used. I explained that the nurses said we needed his consent to order the blanket as they did not have one on hand. To which replied, "what aren't you understanding, I don't care what you use..." Long story short he had the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. He had no respect for our wishes and was unkind to us in a very difficult situation. I can't believe he did not respect our wishes to breast feed (we easily could have supplemented formula with an s n s had we been able to consult the lactation consultant (who was such an advocate for us). He also argued with our lactation consultant in the hall in front of my mother about the importance of breast milk (advocating instead for formula- what a dinosaur!) My baby has struggled with nipple confusion ever since, and has recently given up the breast altogether. We're doing what we can, but once they get a taste for the faster flow in the beginning, it's so hard to get them to go back. You would think someone with so much experience would understand the benefits of breast feeding, and someone in the profession of helping people would actually have more compassion and professionalism.

January 28th, 2010
My kids have gone to Dr. Armann, aka Dr. KJ, for over 20 years. Kids love him, and he is great spending time talking to parents as well. Nurses seem to turn over quite a big, and his office staff sometimes has been a little curt, but overall, our family's experience with Dr. Armann has been outstanding!

November 30th, 2009
Great Doctor
i dont understand these negative reviews. all of my friends take their children to dr armann and dr armann has been with my children since their birth. their office has been super friendly and always willing to help us. dr armann is a dream come true to new parents. we always walk away feeling like weve been taken care of. their staff was really friendly and ive never heard of any complaint except sometimes a long wait during flu season. all in all i highly recommend dr armann.

October 22nd, 2009
Horrible service
Their office manager changed our address in their system making the address wrong. They sent me to collections and refused to see my child even after I paid (without ever receiving the bill). So... when my wife and child came in for the doctor's attention he refused to see them. I asked to speak with the doctor and he refused to speak with me. My family has been insulted and injured (credit). Then they want to charge me $25.00 for a copy of the records to change doctors. Insult over injury.

October 3rd, 2009
Dr Armann
When we first met Dr Armann, it was through a family friend recommendation. At first he seemed very nice, but after a few visits we found him to be very unhelpful, always in a rush, never wanting to answer questions in depth and consistently was wrong with his medical diagnosis when needed. Overall, you'd we be better served looking elsewhere; unless of course you aren't bothered by the overall care level your children will receive.

September 22nd, 2009
Bad experience
Rude and impatient staff. Never been so disappointed. Avoid at all cost.