Dr. Kofi Sefa-Boakye MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

January 6th, 2017
In 2008, Dr. Sefa performed an Unnecesarean on me. I was not a high-risk pregnancy by any means but he felt it was necessary to perform one. I should've been alert when every time for my prenatal visits he was NEVER available due to performing a cesarean procedure.

October 6th, 2015
Let me start by saying Dr. Sefa has 3 offices which means he is a very busy man. He has little time for patients and little patience for patients. Not at all a warm visit. I waited for over an hour after my appt. to see Dr. Sefa only for him to see me in his office for 2 minutes tops and failing to stay in the room long enough for me to get out a question. Me and my husband were very confused and actually had to chase him out of the room to ask a few questions. He is not recommended at all if you're looking for a genuine doctor. His office etiquette is TERRIBLE.

November 11th, 2013
very bad experience
I started going here because I was pregnant with my daughter and just to start they double book a lot of people so there's a super long wait in the waiting room and in the patients room. The staff dress code is very un-professional and do not look like doctors . you wait there for so long for dr.sefa to see you for like 3 minutes tops he does not seem to care much about the pregnancy or myself the patient. I went here my whole pregnancy and did not receive one ultrasound from him he stated that he only gave out ultrasounds for "high risk pregnancy's" I couldn't even get a gender determination from him I had to go to a 4d ultrasound place and pay 60$ to find out I was having a baby girl !!! He never measured my tummy or checked me vaginally and maybe once or twice checked her heartbeat. and last but not least by the time I was 8 1/2 months pregnant they realized that I never even was given a tb test. I had such a horrible experience never will I recommend this doctor you can tell he is only in it for the money nothing else .

October 31st, 2013
The office staff really let this clinic down.
I found Dr Sefa- Boakye's staff to be incompetent, uncaring and sometimes down right rude. My first appointment was cancelled (which is understandable seeing as Dr Sefa-Boakye is an OBGYN and has babies to deliver etc) but no one from the office contacted me to inform me of the cancellation, when there had been plenty of time to do so. It is such a inconvenience when you have to organize child care or time off work to go to an appointment. Dr Sefa-Boakye himself appeared to be an OK doctor. One nurse that assisted him was quite delightful, caring, professional and seemed to know her profession well. She was the one gem in the place. I found it difficult to get my results over the phone (even though my results were thankfully clear). I made multiple phone calls to the clinic and was given promises of call backs, which i never received. One staff member told me i had to make another appointment with Dr Sefa-Boakye to get my results regardless of whether they were clear or not (CRAZY!) This went on for weeks. Every time i spoke to someone in the office I received conflicting information. Dr Sefa-Boakye really needs to organize some serious professional development for his staff. I will not return.

May 20th, 2012
staff is terrible
One of the staff members who we thought was a doctor could barely speak english.We could not understand her. We never saw the doctor and were told to come back at another time. We decided to look for another Ob doctor

December 21st, 2011
Horrible place. My wife and I visited this to do our first appointment after finding out that she was pregnant. She made the appointment with Dr. Kofi, but we never got to meet him. Instead, another Dr. who never introduced herself saw us. She asked only the standard questions in a small observation room, never sat us down at an office to talk about the pregnancy or any questions we might have. The ultrasound was a disaster, their equipment doesn't work well, we couldn't hear the baby's heart because she didn't know how to use it. The room was dirty and smelled. Her appearance was unkempt and was chewing gum the entire time. Very unprofessional. We will never go back there.

July 6th, 2011
The Best Doctor..
The Best OBGYN Doctor in San Diego..I recommended!

March 11th, 2017