Dr. Konrad Bakker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 2nd, 2015
Follow up leaves something to be desired.
While Dr. Bakker, seems competent I found him a bit quirky, and he wants to tell you how you are feeling as opposed to listening to what I am saying. His staff are short on followup, I found I had to call the office repeated times to get something done. Basically i am going to give him one more chance and if not going back to my doctor to find another sleep disorder clinic.

June 15th, 2015
So Did You Get a Sleep Study Yet? He's Nasty!
He never wanted to help me, he only wanted to push me into a sleep study test which is at a location which he owns part of so he could get more money. From the beginning he kept bringing it up over and over again. I finally said yes because if anything it should note my elevated heart rate which was in the 160's which he lied and said was normal! I wasted over a year of my life with this thief. He told me that I couldn't have a chronic illness because I wasn't losing weight ... seriously? Ignorance it is. Since switching to a competent neurologist I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and several other related chronic illnesses. BTW not all chronic illnesses cause you to lose weight some make you gain it. This guy needs to pick up a book sometime and read the latest developments in neurology because obviously he is not staying up on his knowledge within his area. Needless to say after the sleep study I didn't bother seeing him again and I did get rude with him because he was saying I needed surgery for a very mild sleep apnea which I didn't have (as confirmed by another experienced neuro) the symptoms were being caused by an illness which swells up my throat when my symptoms flared but he didn't listen to me. Of course being a nasty doctor he wrote that I was a hypochondriac in my file - sure, tell that to all the doctors who have confirmed numerous diagnosis (backed by blood work, x-rays, MRIs, CT scans) which he couldn't or didn't care to. My advice is find a competent neuro. who can read MRIs, etc they are the best because they can look at images and find out quicker what is going on with you versus just going off of what the tech says and simply ruling out one thing at a time.

May 6th, 2013
The best!
Doctor Bakker is the best of the best. I couldn't say one negative thing about him or his practice. His assistant Linda is amazing. She returns calls immediately. His entire staff is so nice and remember you each time you come in. Dr. Bakker is the best doctor I have ever been to. He truly genuinely cares about his patients. The first time he met me I was crying in pain and he told me "I am going to do whatever I can to make your pain go away" I immediately knew I was in good hands, and I was right. He has kept good on his promise for a year and a half now. He has personality, a sense of humor, and he's an amazing doctor. He's the whole package. I would recommend him to anyone and I trust him with my life. I can't even fathom that he has negative reviews on here because I have never had one complaint or bad experience with him. If you are looking for a doctor who wants to make you better and who will personally make sure that happens, go see this doctor.

April 2nd, 2013
bad experience
The manner in which his practice is managed and structured is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with health care in America today. Dr. Baaker's partnership with large biotech, sleepmed inc. is a confused and broken example of what happens when a physicians practice is dictated by private enterprise. Massive scheduling mistakes, lack of communication amongst associates, and a ridiculous amount of patient inconvenience split between two separate entities, both unwilling to accept any responsibility on their end. Just a mess.

November 30th, 2012
Wonderful kind staff
Great access to pt information, makes you feel like you are working together, not that someone is dictating to you.

July 29th, 2012
Excellent in his field!
I have been a patient of Dr Bakker for years. I enjoy my office visits and he is very thorough about everything he does. He uses state of the art voice recording equipment so that he can transcribe the visit immediately and you leave with a printed copy of all data from the visit. He has an awesome office staff that is thorough, pleasant, and very accomodating. I would highly reccomend his practice.

June 15th, 2009
Undoubtedly Highly Skilled
I needed to know my problem and I got results.

January 9th, 2009
I am so thankful for Doctor Bakkar and thier staff. They have been so kind and professional. They take the time to explain what is going on and are very reassuring. His assistant Linda is always so kind. They actually return phone calls. Which is something not always encountered in the medical field. Doctor Bakkar is compassionate but honest with his assessments and willing to take the time to get the facts right. I am so thankful that as I am experiencing the scary symptoms I am having that I have a neurologists that is williing to go over everything.