Dr. Kornelis Poelstra MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2017
Incredible doctor!
What a great doctor and surgeon! I have had a LOT of surgeries his bedside manner is wonderful and surgical techniques is impeccable, a I am a former surgery technician myself. I have suffered for YEARS with back pain. I'm a much better woman!

June 28th, 2017
This Doctor is the Doctor of Doctors!
Doctor K.Poelstra is very professional and kind . His face is always smiling and he really listens when you speak.All of his offices are very clean and his staff are more then kind, but also ready to take care of you as well.PA Anna Braun is as cute and kind and pleasant as they get .I had a great experience with my surgery and healed wonderfully.Thank you Dr. Thank you Jesus \0/

June 21st, 2017
The Best
Professional, totally skilled, compassionate, meticulous..He is the best doctor I have ever been to.

June 5th, 2017
I love Dr. Poelstra!
Before my injury I was a full distance IronMan triathlete. I injured my lower back running a marathon 18 months ago that was exasperated by a chiropractor. In that time I've endured 2 surgeries (the 2nd was 100% my fault), gained 25 pounds, and have nearly gone crazy from not being able to swim/bike/run. Well today I just received the all clear to start moving again. I literally almost cried...Dr Polstra gave me my life back, pain free. The comeback starts today. Let's get moving.

June 1st, 2017
Talk about having confidence in my surgeon and the PA, Jonathan! I did not even meet my surgeon until right before my surgery ! I had read about Dr. Poelstra online and had every bit of confidence in him. Not only was he a renowned surgeon, but his bedside manners were superb. It is not very often you meet a doctor who is very knowledgeable, explains what he is going to do and what he had to do, but he was truly concerned about me. His office staff and the hospital called twice within the week following my surgery to see how I was feeling! My recommendation is that if you need a spine surgeon, the. Dr. Poelstra is the one ! I am six weeks post op and am 99.9% where I was before my herniated disc.

April 29th, 2017
had 2 back surgeries in 3 days
it's been 6 weeks and I am "me" again. Very successful . Had lots of confidence in Dr. Poelstra. . Had talked with several of his patients, who all had nothing but good to say. I feel very lucky to have such a special doctor in our community!

April 19th, 2017
Exceptional is every way possible
I have suffered for years with cervical disc issues and with the guidance and care of Dr. Poelstra and his staff I am now healing and can't thank them enough. Anyone considering surgery should undoubtedly look into the Spine Institute from pain management to surgery, they will help you every step of the way. I can't thank them enough.

April 15th, 2017
Dr Poelstra is the best doctor I've ever know. He truly saved me. I spent three years in chronic pain. I had surgery by another doctor which was a disaster. My spine was a mess. I found Dr Poelstra and could not be better. He operated and fixed the previous problems as well as the many additional issues. His staff is fantastic and Dr Poelstra is my hero. If you are in need of an orthopedic surgeon take my advise and go strat to the very best!!!! You won't regret the decision. I'm up and moving without pain and I'm only 3 weeks from my surgical date.

April 4th, 2017
How can you begin to thank a team that gave you your life back!
Most of my days consisted of watching life pass me by from the sidelines, I wasn't able to do the things with my husband that we enjoy and that's not who I am. My back pain had gotten to the point where I couldn't even lay in bed I was crying from the pain. But thank the lord for the persistence of Dr. Rachel, she found the problem from all the pain I was in.I wasn't to keen on the idea of surgery so we tried the injections. Dr. Lori Poelstra is wonderful even though the injections didn't work on me she was so caring, I can't thank Sue enough for going to bat for me with my insurance company and getting my surgery approved and scheduled, and I'll always be indebted to Dr. Kornelis Poelstra, there just isn't enough words to thank him for giving me my life back. God bless you all, the whole staff is just wonderful! I know I was truly blessed when I came to the Spine Institute, their like family! Now I'm back riding our Harley's and enjoying life again!!!

March 29th, 2017
He and his staff are wonderful!
He was beyond wonderful! I was only 30 when I learned that I needed a spinal fusion, and working in the healthcare field I knew I needed to find someone who truly knew what they were doing and Dr. Poelstra was the obvious choice. He was warm and caring the first time I met him and he had a great bedside personality, but more importantly, he knew what he was doing and has a good success rate for the surgery I needed. His staff was wonderful and accommodating! Can't recommend him enough!

March 28th, 2017
Successful Lamindectomy
Dr Poelstra and his staff have performed in an outstanding manner! In office mannerisms, pre-op, post-op, surgery. Total professional and outstanding surgeon! Kudus to his P.A Jonathan Needler as well!

March 22nd, 2017
Awesome doctor
Dr. Poelstra did a great job on my back surgery. He is a great surgeon and has a great team of staff to assist him. I recommend him to anyone who wants a great doctor who really cares about his patients.