Dr. Kornelis Poelstra MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Fort Walton Beach, FL

4.8

March 22nd, 2017
This is an outstanding surgeon
I went in to see the Doctor and first appointment was with one of his PA'S. She did x-rays and explained MRI reading. Next appointment was with Doctor. I had surgery on Jan.13-2017 and I have received the best care a person could ask for. Not only from Doctor but his whole staff. Thank You all for the care .

March 14th, 2017
Outstanding doctor/extremely knowledgeable
Very nice and polite gentleman. He was incredibly experienced and explained everything concerning my specific injury in a very understandable way. He performed a vertebroplasty procedure on my back and within roughly two weeks or so, I can nearly say that I feel like I'm close to being back to 100 percent. I highly recommend this doctor as your spinal doctor.

March 8th, 2017
Dr. Poelstra Really cares!
Dr. Poelstra "went to bat" for me . My back has bothered me for over 10 years, I just thought I could live with it, I was wrong ...it just keep getting worse. I never missed work for years, but it always wore me out at the end of the day the pain always persisted. I am not a doctor person.. I can get over this I kept telling myself. I finally decided I could not bear it anymore, I went to various Doctors... and then I found the one who really cared.It was Dr. Poelstra. He really cares! My first attempt to get the surgery was denied by my insurance company I was so depressed ..if it can help me get off these drugs why not? I persisited and with Dr. Poelstra's help I finnally got the surgery. There is a god! My body is back to normal I can do things that I used to do again, and it was not a major surgery, less than than two hours, it feels good to be whole again.. no pain no drugs!.....Thank you Dr. Poelstra for fixing me!

March 6th, 2017
Meeting Dr Poelstra
I was new to the Destin area and having considerable pain related to a congenital malformation. Dr Poelstra's staff kindly set an appointment time. I found his entire staff to be kind, considerate, and very knowledgeable. My initial evaluation was thorough and followed up with the necessary diagnostics. I found that much care was taken in diagnosis, treatment plan, and follow up. In Dr Poelstra's very capable hands I have experienced significant pain relief as well as greater and more secure mobility. A warm thank you to Dr Poelstra and his staff.

March 4th, 2017
Amazing
I suffered a combat injury about 2 1/2 years ago and as a result I have had a herniated disc in my lower back since then. The pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't sleep, it was effecting my work and I couldn't play with my kids. I was referred to Dr. Poelstra with it already set in my mind that I wanted surgery. Dr. Poelstra explained to me in detail what the surgery would entail and what to expect from the recovery. A few weeks later I went in for the surgery and when I woke up about 45 minutes later the pain was completely gone and strength had returned to my leg. After about a week the pain from the surgery was almost gone. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Poelstra and his recommendation and my decision to have surgery. I can't thank him and his team enough.

March 3rd, 2017
Traveled 10,000 miles to find the best spinal surgeon on earth.
Between 1980 and 2016 I had 8 spinal surgeries, performed by 4 different surgeons. Because of this bad luck, I'm a (very) experienced patient when it comes to spinal surgery. Dr. Poelstra is the best spinal surgeon in the world. Period. His technical skills (including spinal robotics) are phenomenal. There isn't a spinal surgeon, anywhere on our planet, that comes close to dr. Poelstra. I feel privileged to have my severe radiculary pain reduced to zero by this pleasant and very gifted doctor. Somebody else mentioned dr. Poelstra is a gift from God. I agree.

L4/L5-S-1 Surgery
Look, this guy and his staff were amazing. I was not 100% optimistic of getting surgery, but had no choice because of my job. It's been one month since my surgery and I couldn't be any happier with the results. Thank you.

Amazing surgeon
I got injured 6 years ago in Afghanistan and it felt like I had seen every Neurosurgeon in the panhandle when my grandmother told me about Dr. Poelstra. After all the other doctors just wanted an easy paycheck and did not want to work with my injury because I was so young, Dr. Poelstra had no hesitation or quorums about helping me. It is now my 3rd week out of surgery and the healing process is coming along very nice! I no longer have the old pain. I thank god that the VA allowed me to see him. The man is awesome!

March 2nd, 2017
Wonderful Doctor
When I was referred to Dr. Poelstra, it was due to an older back injury which had over time become worse causing many problems. He went over my MRI and x-rays, detailing what was there and options. We chose to have surgery, currently I am less than 2 weeks from surgery and I am very pleased with the results. There is discomfort but each day it is getting better, making me realize my decision was the right one , especially in the long term.

February 3rd, 2017
Best Physician Ever!
My experience with Dr Poelstra and his entire Spine Institute on the Emerald Coast team was phenomenal! He is a magnificent, highly skilled, caring physician...hands down...the very best (and I have lived and been treated medically all over the world). From minimal wait times getting an initial appointment through every step of the process to scheduling and performing the required surgery/surgeries; nothing but EXCELLENCE. His Spine Camp presurgery training and guide book was amazing and so very, very helpful! If you are in search of an awesome physician for spine surgery, I highly recommend Dr Poelstra and his team of highly skilled, compassionate and caring professionals.

January 30th, 2017
Nothing short of a miracle!
When we first met Dr. Poelstra roughly 3 years ago, our son Tyler was suffering with lower back pain. He was a freshman in high school and a highly competitive athlete competing in both football and soccer. Upon examination he discovered 2 pars defects on L5 and S1. We spoke with other parents whose children had wonderful results with surgery by Dr Poelstra for the same condition. We chose at that time not to pursue that option. Fast forward two years, Dr. Poelstra discovered 4 additional pars defects in Tyler's spine. There have only been a few cases in medical journals with 3 bilateral pars defects. We were extremely apprehensive about our surgical options, but trusted Dr. Poelstra. He answered every question with confidence and we knew he was the right surgeon for the job. The OR staff kept us well informed easing all of our concerns. The end result was successful, nothing short of a miracle. We do believe God guided Dr. Poelstra's hands the entire time. After 4 short months Tyler was back on the football and soccer fields. He had extremely successful seasons in both sports. We thank Dr. Poelstra and his caring staff for all that they did for Tyler. We would highly recommend this talented surgeon to all who ask us.

January 30th, 2017
Dr. Poelstra rocks!!
Recently completed my 3rd surgery with Dr. Poelstra. As with my previous surgeries, all of my pain is gone. He is, simply, the best back surgeon period. His staff is remarkable and the personnel at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast set the standard for patient care. Thank you for giving me back my life.