Dr. Kornelis Poelstra MD Patient Reviews

4.7

no change

April 29th, 2017
had 2 back surgeries in 3 days
it's been 6 weeks and I am "me" again. Very successful . Had lots of confidence in Dr. Poelstra. . Had talked with several of his patients, who all had nothing but good to say. I feel very lucky to have such a special doctor in our community!

April 19th, 2017
Exceptional is every way possible
I have suffered for years with cervical disc issues and with the guidance and care of Dr. Poelstra and his staff I am now healing and can't thank them enough. Anyone considering surgery should undoubtedly look into the Spine Institute from pain management to surgery, they will help you every step of the way. I can't thank them enough.

April 15th, 2017
Dr Poelstra is the best doctor I've ever know. He truly saved me. I spent three years in chronic pain. I had surgery by another doctor which was a disaster. My spine was a mess. I found Dr Poelstra and could not be better. He operated and fixed the previous problems as well as the many additional issues. His staff is fantastic and Dr Poelstra is my hero. If you are in need of an orthopedic surgeon take my advise and go strat to the very best!!!! You won't regret the decision. I'm up and moving without pain and I'm only 3 weeks from my surgical date.

April 4th, 2017
How can you begin to thank a team that gave you your life back!
Most of my days consisted of watching life pass me by from the sidelines, I wasn't able to do the things with my husband that we enjoy and that's not who I am. My back pain had gotten to the point where I couldn't even lay in bed I was crying from the pain. But thank the lord for the persistence of Dr. Rachel, she found the problem from all the pain I was in.I wasn't to keen on the idea of surgery so we tried the injections. Dr. Lori Poelstra is wonderful even though the injections didn't work on me she was so caring, I can't thank Sue enough for going to bat for me with my insurance company and getting my surgery approved and scheduled, and I'll always be indebted to Dr. Kornelis Poelstra, there just isn't enough words to thank him for giving me my life back. God bless you all, the whole staff is just wonderful! I know I was truly blessed when I came to the Spine Institute, their like family! Now I'm back riding our Harley's and enjoying life again!!!

March 29th, 2017
He and his staff are wonderful!
He was beyond wonderful! I was only 30 when I learned that I needed a spinal fusion, and working in the healthcare field I knew I needed to find someone who truly knew what they were doing and Dr. Poelstra was the obvious choice. He was warm and caring the first time I met him and he had a great bedside personality, but more importantly, he knew what he was doing and has a good success rate for the surgery I needed. His staff was wonderful and accommodating! Can't recommend him enough!

March 28th, 2017
Successful Lamindectomy
Dr Poelstra and his staff have performed in an outstanding manner! In office mannerisms, pre-op, post-op, surgery. Total professional and outstanding surgeon! Kudus to his P.A Jonathan Needler as well!

March 22nd, 2017
Awesome doctor
Dr. Poelstra did a great job on my back surgery. He is a great surgeon and has a great team of staff to assist him. I recommend him to anyone who wants a great doctor who really cares about his patients.

March 14th, 2017
Outstanding doctor/extremely knowledgeable
Very nice and polite gentleman. He was incredibly experienced and explained everything concerning my specific injury in a very understandable way. He performed a vertebroplasty procedure on my back and within roughly two weeks or so, I can nearly say that I feel like I'm close to being back to 100 percent. I highly recommend this doctor as your spinal doctor.

March 8th, 2017
Dr. Poelstra Really cares!
Dr. Poelstra "went to bat" for me . My back has bothered me for over 10 years, I just thought I could live with it, I was wrong ...it just keep getting worse. I never missed work for years, but it always wore me out at the end of the day the pain always persisted. I am not a doctor person.. I can get over this I kept telling myself. I finally decided I could not bear it anymore, I went to various Doctors... and then I found the one who really cared.It was Dr. Poelstra. He really cares! My first attempt to get the surgery was denied by my insurance company I was so depressed ..if it can help me get off these drugs why not? I persisited and with Dr. Poelstra's help I finnally got the surgery. There is a god! My body is back to normal I can do things that I used to do again, and it was not a major surgery, less than than two hours, it feels good to be whole again.. no pain no drugs!.....Thank you Dr. Poelstra for fixing me!

March 6th, 2017
Meeting Dr Poelstra
I was new to the Destin area and having considerable pain related to a congenital malformation. Dr Poelstra's staff kindly set an appointment time. I found his entire staff to be kind, considerate, and very knowledgeable. My initial evaluation was thorough and followed up with the necessary diagnostics. I found that much care was taken in diagnosis, treatment plan, and follow up. In Dr Poelstra's very capable hands I have experienced significant pain relief as well as greater and more secure mobility. A warm thank you to Dr Poelstra and his staff.

March 4th, 2017
Amazing
I suffered a combat injury about 2 1/2 years ago and as a result I have had a herniated disc in my lower back since then. The pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't sleep, it was effecting my work and I couldn't play with my kids. I was referred to Dr. Poelstra with it already set in my mind that I wanted surgery. Dr. Poelstra explained to me in detail what the surgery would entail and what to expect from the recovery. A few weeks later I went in for the surgery and when I woke up about 45 minutes later the pain was completely gone and strength had returned to my leg. After about a week the pain from the surgery was almost gone. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Poelstra and his recommendation and my decision to have surgery. I can't thank him and his team enough.

March 3rd, 2017
Traveled 10,000 miles to find the best spinal surgeon on earth.
Between 1980 and 2016 I had 8 spinal surgeries, performed by 4 different surgeons. Because of this bad luck, I'm a (very) experienced patient when it comes to spinal surgery. Dr. Poelstra is the best spinal surgeon in the world. Period. His technical skills (including spinal robotics) are phenomenal. There isn't a spinal surgeon, anywhere on our planet, that comes close to dr. Poelstra. I feel privileged to have my severe radiculary pain reduced to zero by this pleasant and very gifted doctor. Somebody else mentioned dr. Poelstra is a gift from God. I agree.