Dr. Kornelis Poelstra MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

November 9th, 2016
God sent this doctor.
God opened the door for us, for this doctor to come in our life. I wish we would have known of him 8 years ago, when my husband broke his neck. My husband had SO much pain. We met with him, with our cat scan and things and he told us just what he thought and knew. We had a trust in him. He also said trust me. Oh my, the out come. We are so pleased. Even in the hospital, after surgery, Gerald could tell that, that pain was gone. The doctor knows his business. ALL that work for him are awesome. They keep in communication very well. His bedside matters are awesome. I wish all the doctors had have been like him. I can't say enough about Dr Poelstra. He is the BEST in the spine. And Scared Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. They work great together. Dr. Poelstra, the only one for the back/spine. He is an answer to prayer.

November 3rd, 2016
Dr. Poelstra is " The Man". I lost strength in arms due to a compressed disk in my neck. I went in to discuss back surgery and the PA Rachel noticed I was grabbing my neck. She ask me if my neck was bothering me and I told her yes that it hurts all the time and especially at night when I watch tv. She asked a series of questions them said that they needed to get some xrays. So they took the xrays and she comes back in and says that I need to have surgery as soon as possible. Poekstra steps in and being very professional and confident days he can fix it. He does the surgery and Im good as new. Great surgeon, minimal scare visible. Great staff!

October 22nd, 2016
Dr. Poelstra: Outstanding Doctor/Surgeon/Person
Outstanding from the first communications with the Spine Institute on the Emerald Coast, from staff to Dr. Poelstra. I had originally went with a different Dr. that had been recommended to me. Over a months time, I had numerous visits and I never actually met my doctor that would be performing my surgery (was told I would meet him prior to my actual surgery). I had serious issues with the staff returning my calls, and finally gave up. Thankfully, a neighbor recommended Dr. Poelstra, and it was the best experience one could possibly have when you have to have a significant surgery. The staff ALWAYS answered my questions, returned calls, and updated me on the status of my impending surgery. Dr. Poelstra's professionalism, openness, and enthusiasm was on display the moment we met. This has continued even after the surgery. He definitely takes pride in his profession and genuinely cares for you as a patient and as a person. It was great to meet a Dr. that takes the time to listen to you. My surgery was a a great success and I want to thank Dr. Poelstra and his staff for everything they did for me. I would recommend Dr. Poelstra to anyone that has back issues and wants to have a Doctor that genuinely cares for you and not just another surgery.

October 6th, 2016
TV-Star!
Just heard him speak in Sandestin and shared the amazing successes with us from Robotic Spine surgery, after having my back fixed exactly like that! He is the world's (!!) expert on Robotic Spine Surgery. And I can verify!! Super personable and outstanding, truly caring bedside manner. We are blessed with a surgeon of this caliber in our area. And: Motion is Lotion; he is correct!

September 5th, 2016
Outstanding TEAM
Amazing surgeon with SUPER gifted hands and warm, friendly office and staff. He actually really cares about all of us in NW-Florida (and beyond...!). Teaches all over the world and we should feel really lucky having a world-class Spine Surgeon like this in our community. He does not shy away from difficulties and fixes most other doctor's screw-ups in our area. If you can't walk straight, your back- or neck hurts and there is nerve compression: LOOK NO FURTHER!! This man and his staff are the real deal and you'll be so happy with the outcome!!

August 30th, 2016
Dr.Poelstra performed very complicated spine surgery on me on May 25 and again on May 28th. He did an outstanding job, and I made a great recovery.. He has a wonderful personality and excellent bedside manner. This was my 6th back surgery and it was a winner.

August 25th, 2016
Your First Destin Patient
No pain after 7 years from last back surgery---Ur a Miracle worker, but I still don't need Ur 4 wheeled walker. Thanks a bunch!!

August 25th, 2016
Husband of Vera Couch
Emerald Coast Spine and Dr. Kornelis Poelstra is amazing! My wife is fixed! After years of chronic pain and pain management she made an appointment and was scheduled for surgery soon after. Dr. Poelstra took the time to carefully explain his diagnosis and optimism for her future. She is 2 weeks out and is 90% pain free. She says she hasn’t felt this way in years. Dr. Poelstra has extraordinary bedside manors and is extremely humble. At our last visit he displayed his humbleness when he thanked us for having confidence in him and his abilities. That is truly an awesome quality to have. Thank you for giving my wife the care she deserves.

August 21st, 2016
Where do I begin, Dr. Poelstra is amazing not only is he a terrific surgeon he is a remarkable man he made me feel comfortable right from our first meeting I knew than I met the Surgeon who was going to fix my back and he didn't disappoint. He had his staff treated me and my significant other (Bob) with the utmost respect and care. I would like to mention Lara Cooper individually who was one of many who went above and beyond, actually it would be unfair to just name her but I was unable to remember everyone I came in contact with from his staff to the nurses and everyone else at Sacred Hart Hospital they weren't staff they were Angles, We highly recommend him . Thank You Dr. Poelstra

August 15th, 2016
Dr. Polesta ... Saves the day!
I was so impressed with Dr.Polstra and his team that I would recommend him to anyone who is in neck or back pain..Dr. Polstra really cares about his patients and their family . Thank you so much for relieving my back pain!

August 9th, 2016
I'm Normal Again!
I never thought being normal could be something that would make me happy but after living with back pain for the last ten years I can't say enough about how great it is to be normal again. I can walk my dogs, shop at the big box stores, and stand and talk to friends for as long as I want. I struggled with back pain for many years because my doctors told me that it would eventually get well on it's own or to do back and core exercises and walk. I did all that then about two years ago the pain became so intense that I could walk two blocks without need to sit and rest. I asked for a referral to a back doctor who started me on pain management. When that didn't work I ask him for a referral to a spine specialist. Dr. Poelstra looked at my MRI once and told me I had Epidural LIpomatosis. I had fat tissue growing in my spinal canal and that he could remove. I finally had name for my problem and he was telling me the symptoms I had been living with for the last ten years. Maybe it's just me but surgery was a cake walk. My wife filled the prescription for pain meds but I didn't need any. The incision was only about an inch and a half and The next day after surgery I was walking the dogs and pain free. On my two week check up I felt well enough to start exercising but Dr. Poelstra asked me to wait two more weeks before starting Pilates or yoga and four weeks before to go back to the gym. I would highly recommend Dr. Poelstra to anyone with a back problem. BTW, don't be scared off if he doesn't except your insurance, his office will work with you and your insurance to give you a better deal than you might otherwise. He didn't take my insurance and I paid less out of pocket than if he had accepted my insurance.

August 4th, 2016
Dr. Polestra, Spine doctor
Though I had to wait to get a surgery date, I found it well worth the wait. Everything about Dr. Polestra and his team was exceptional. Within three months, I was traveling and enjoying life pain free.