Dr. Kornelis Poelstra MD Patient Reviews

4.8
  • 124 reviews

February 3rd, 2017
Best Physician Ever!
My experience with Dr Poelstra and his entire Spine Institute on the Emerald Coast team was phenomenal! He is a magnificent, highly skilled, caring physician...hands down...the very best (and I have lived and been treated medically all over the world). From minimal wait times getting an initial appointment through every step of the process to scheduling and performing the required surgery/surgeries; nothing but EXCELLENCE. His Spine Camp presurgery training and guide book was amazing and so very, very helpful! If you are in search of an awesome physician for spine surgery, I highly recommend Dr Poelstra and his team of highly skilled, compassionate and caring professionals.

January 30th, 2017
Nothing short of a miracle!
When we first met Dr. Poelstra roughly 3 years ago, our son Tyler was suffering with lower back pain. He was a freshman in high school and a highly competitive athlete competing in both football and soccer. Upon examination he discovered 2 pars defects on L5 and S1. We spoke with other parents whose children had wonderful results with surgery by Dr Poelstra for the same condition. We chose at that time not to pursue that option. Fast forward two years, Dr. Poelstra discovered 4 additional pars defects in Tyler's spine. There have only been a few cases in medical journals with 3 bilateral pars defects. We were extremely apprehensive about our surgical options, but trusted Dr. Poelstra. He answered every question with confidence and we knew he was the right surgeon for the job. The OR staff kept us well informed easing all of our concerns. The end result was successful, nothing short of a miracle. We do believe God guided Dr. Poelstra's hands the entire time. After 4 short months Tyler was back on the football and soccer fields. He had extremely successful seasons in both sports. We thank Dr. Poelstra and his caring staff for all that they did for Tyler. We would highly recommend this talented surgeon to all who ask us.

January 30th, 2017
Dr. Poelstra rocks!!
Recently completed my 3rd surgery with Dr. Poelstra. As with my previous surgeries, all of my pain is gone. He is, simply, the best back surgeon period. His staff is remarkable and the personnel at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast set the standard for patient care. Thank you for giving me back my life.

December 27th, 2016
Great Doctor!
Dr Poelstra really takes his time explaining procedures with you and answering any questions you have. He is very honest and upfront about what to expect. I would highly recommend him to anyone with spine issues.

December 18th, 2016
Excellent experience
This was the fourth spinal surgery I had. This was by far the best experience. Doctor Poelstra and his staff were always courteous, professional, competent and personable. Doctor Poelstra patiently answered all questions or concerns I had and was patient and approachable. Six weeks since my surgery I am healing fine.

December 13th, 2016
Dr Poelstra did an outstanding job repairing my herniated disk. Sever leg pain completely gone immediately following surgery. recovery was quick was able to walk four blocks within a week and could easily walk two miles after three weeks.

November 9th, 2016
God sent this doctor.
God opened the door for us, for this doctor to come in our life. I wish we would have known of him 8 years ago, when my husband broke his neck. My husband had SO much pain. We met with him, with our cat scan and things and he told us just what he thought and knew. We had a trust in him. He also said trust me. Oh my, the out come. We are so pleased. Even in the hospital, after surgery, Gerald could tell that, that pain was gone. The doctor knows his business. ALL that work for him are awesome. They keep in communication very well. His bedside matters are awesome. I wish all the doctors had have been like him. I can't say enough about Dr Poelstra. He is the BEST in the spine. And Scared Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. They work great together. Dr. Poelstra, the only one for the back/spine. He is an answer to prayer.

November 3rd, 2016
Dr. Poelstra is " The Man". I lost strength in arms due to a compressed disk in my neck. I went in to discuss back surgery and the PA Rachel noticed I was grabbing my neck. She ask me if my neck was bothering me and I told her yes that it hurts all the time and especially at night when I watch tv. She asked a series of questions them said that they needed to get some xrays. So they took the xrays and she comes back in and says that I need to have surgery as soon as possible. Poekstra steps in and being very professional and confident days he can fix it. He does the surgery and Im good as new. Great surgeon, minimal scare visible. Great staff!

October 22nd, 2016
Dr. Poelstra: Outstanding Doctor/Surgeon/Person
Outstanding from the first communications with the Spine Institute on the Emerald Coast, from staff to Dr. Poelstra. I had originally went with a different Dr. that had been recommended to me. Over a months time, I had numerous visits and I never actually met my doctor that would be performing my surgery (was told I would meet him prior to my actual surgery). I had serious issues with the staff returning my calls, and finally gave up. Thankfully, a neighbor recommended Dr. Poelstra, and it was the best experience one could possibly have when you have to have a significant surgery. The staff ALWAYS answered my questions, returned calls, and updated me on the status of my impending surgery. Dr. Poelstra's professionalism, openness, and enthusiasm was on display the moment we met. This has continued even after the surgery. He definitely takes pride in his profession and genuinely cares for you as a patient and as a person. It was great to meet a Dr. that takes the time to listen to you. My surgery was a a great success and I want to thank Dr. Poelstra and his staff for everything they did for me. I would recommend Dr. Poelstra to anyone that has back issues and wants to have a Doctor that genuinely cares for you and not just another surgery.

October 6th, 2016
TV-Star!
Just heard him speak in Sandestin and shared the amazing successes with us from Robotic Spine surgery, after having my back fixed exactly like that! He is the world's (!!) expert on Robotic Spine Surgery. And I can verify!! Super personable and outstanding, truly caring bedside manner. We are blessed with a surgeon of this caliber in our area. And: Motion is Lotion; he is correct!

September 5th, 2016
Outstanding TEAM
Amazing surgeon with SUPER gifted hands and warm, friendly office and staff. He actually really cares about all of us in NW-Florida (and beyond...!). Teaches all over the world and we should feel really lucky having a world-class Spine Surgeon like this in our community. He does not shy away from difficulties and fixes most other doctor's screw-ups in our area. If you can't walk straight, your back- or neck hurts and there is nerve compression: LOOK NO FURTHER!! This man and his staff are the real deal and you'll be so happy with the outcome!!

August 30th, 2016
Dr.Poelstra performed very complicated spine surgery on me on May 25 and again on May 28th. He did an outstanding job, and I made a great recovery.. He has a wonderful personality and excellent bedside manner. This was my 6th back surgery and it was a winner.