A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kota Shekar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kota Shekar is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shekar
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shekar Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kota Shekar, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Shekar graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Shekar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center, Merced - Community Campus
- Twin Cities Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kota Chandra Shekar MD is a male Hematologist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Kota C. Shekar practice?
- Dr. Kota Shekar has 2 office locations.
Dr. Kota Shekar practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near Templeton, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Merced, CA.
See Templeton Hematologists and Templeton Oncologists.