Dr. Koulin Chou MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 1st, 2015
excellent doc

November 20th, 2013
Good Doctor Horrendous Staff
Few complaints about this Doctor except that she must know the arbitrary and marginally helpful way her appointments--if you consider 35-45 minutes wait time an actual appointment --are arranged. This must be greed on some level. Complaints to staff are met with complete disinterest.If you have plenty of time to spare she on balance is decent though her explanations border on mystical.Not a good thing.The only thing I can offer is that most other area Dermatologists are much worse.

November 23rd, 2011
Caught My Melanoma... Thank God!
Dr Chou has been my dermatologist for 5 years. As I aged my skin changed and one day she noticed this very small growth. She said "It looks friendly but let's check to be sure." Good thing she was aggressive. I have melanoma and 75% of skin cancer deaths come from melanoma! She aggressive examines me and runs tests to be sure we got it all and no bad cells took a walk. Thank you Dr

October 5th, 2011
I had the one of first scheduled appointment time if the day. I walked in (a few minutes early) to find patients already in rooms and numerous people already waiting. I had almost an hour wait and I felt like I was only a copay to this doctor. I will never go back to her and would not recommend her to anyone.

August 9th, 2011
getting a new dr
After waiting 1/2 hour for appointment my first two visits and having the exam room door repeatedly being opened while I lay there in my underwear in full view of the check out desk I will not return. My third visit to have stitches removed ended with me waiting an hour before complaining to a nurse who removed my stitches and sent me on my way with an infected incision. Never again!!

February 11th, 2011
Good
Only one removal of suspicious skin spots at a time which I find dragging out the process. Why not take 3 - 4 at a time and save us all alot of time.

January 26th, 2011
I had to switch to Dr. Chou because my insurance was no longer accepted at my old dermatologist. Dr. Chou did not seem to understand this because she kept insisting to change my skin regime for my acne even though I told her what works for me (it took 5 yrs of trial and error to figure out). She insisted on putting me on things that had failed in the past and my skin just got worse. One medication caused me severe nausea and 3 visits in a row she tried to switch me to it even though I clearly told her of the side affects. She was just a terrible listener.

June 24th, 2010
Needs A Class In Bedsite Manner
On my first visit to Dr.Chou several years ago, she informed me that I had skin damage from sun exposure. Although I had not allowed myself to be exposed to sun throughout my adult life due to the negative impact it has on my Multiple Sclerosis, she explained that damage that happened in my pre-teen and teen years could still impact my skin. Every appointment I had since then included a reprimand for sun exposure. How many times will I be reprimanded for something I did when I was 14 (I'm now 53) and when we didn't know the ills of sun exposure. The answer: no more times. I've changed doctors. No more leaving the appointment feeling guilty for something I did unwittingly 40 years ago!