Dr. Kristopher Kallin MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Los Angeles, CA

3.6

March 15th, 2017
God Sent๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
We will be forever grateful that Dr. Kallin saved our sons life. He is a brilliant surgeon and a wonderful human being. He's done two of our sons surgeries and we are confident knowing now that our son is in gods hands while he is with Dr. Kallin. We thank god everyday for Him and he will never know how much he is appreciated.

December 26th, 2016
Scimitar syndrome fixed in 2016
Speechless greatful for the opportunity to have my life back and feel full of energy the most scariest procedure I had but my heart beats thank you to a great surgeon dr kallin a man who took my case @ my last few weeks of the craziest year of my life. I just want to say thanks for the chance to feel energized once again if you ever in surf city let me buy you a drink and you can walk down by the high school. Keep up the fantastic work you and your team๐Ÿ˜€

July 26th, 2016
Love him he save my son's life

August 4th, 2013
Performed all 3 of my son's surgeries
Dr. Kallin performed all three of my son's surgeries at CHLA. The first at 5 days old, second at 10 months old, and then again right before he turned 4. In all cases he came through with flying colors. Dr. Kallin was always calm and controlled no matter the situation. He is a very stoic man, but we got him to crack a smile or two along the way. I think his eyes are very telling even though his mouth is not. He gave us clear answers and we always felt we were getting the truth even when we didn't want to hear it. He gave us statistics on himself and reasonable outcomes and all in all we are very pleased with his surgical ability to save our son. We are forever grateful.

September 22nd, 2012
Calloused or Careless... doesn't matter
Dr. Kallin will put his wallet and reputation above the lives of his patients. He has little experience with severe or complex heart defects. Dr. Kallin will allow your child to die a very slow death, while keeping you utterly uninformed, if he can't do surgery. He will also lie to you about the capabilities of other surgeons, who might be able to help you or your child, in order to save his own reputation.

August 29th, 2012
Dr. Kallin and his colleagues at the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles care more about their personal beliefs, wallets, and reputations than fully informing a parent or patient and honestly describing all available treatment options. Dr. Kallin is calloused towards the death of a child. Hours before the death of my daughter he told my mother-in-law and husband that "he wasn't going to perform the surgery just to appease the parents". He was incapable of helping my daughter and said that nothing could be done. He explained the defect to me like I was an idiot. I was literally passing out because I had been in labor for two days and the cicu nurses didn't think to offer me a chair so I could sit at my daughters bedside while she died. One of Dr. Kallin's colleagues rolled his eyes at me when I requested to have my daughter transfered to Stanford. It took hours of bugging nurses to get a response and we were told "Stanford, Dr. Hanely, couldn't comment on his ability to complete the surgery but that transportation wasn't an option because my daughter wasn't stable enough." When I finally received my daughters medical record it states that "transportation was not an option" but there was no transfer requests on record and no mention of Stanford or Dr. Hanely. They lied to me.

November 26th, 2011
im sending him home to die
this dr has no bedside manner.after taking my sons case he two months later said he wasnt going to help him and was sending him home to die without any care....i had security involved twice to keep him out of my sons room..wich he still came into the room again..he was banned from performing any procedures at chla without a doctor from here being involved..he also told us that he didnt take my sons case because he was only 8 years into his career and if it turned out bad it would hurt his career and that the surgeon that took his case was at the end of his career and it wouldnt hurt his career in a bad outcome..my son had procedure to help him and is on the way to a great recovery thanks to childrens hospital and dr starns..from my sons advocate daddy

August 27th, 2011
Dr. Kallin Is Wonderful
Dr. Kallin performed the first of what will be there heart surgeries for our newborn daughter. I recommend him to the fullest extent and cannot thank him enough for essentially saving her life.

May 25th, 2011
Atrial Septal Defect Closure
Just amazing amazing amazing! Very knowledgeable and spends great amount of time with his patients and very thorough and in detail about everything. Staff and ICU is truly amazing. Was really nervous about my surgery. Recovery was very fast, easy and was able to shrink my incision more than I expected. I definitely would recommend him :))

August 5th, 2009
Arterial Switch Operation
I might have gave my daughter life but because of Dr. Kallin now she can live it!!!! I Thank you for giving my daughter a second chance. I would recommend him in a HEART BEAT!

February 7th, 2009
Dr. Kallin repaired my baby's Tetralogy of Fallot in 2008. The surgery outcome was very good. My baby is thriving now!