Dr. Krishna Pinnamaneni MD, BS, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 12th, 2017
Rude and Nasty
Dr. Pinnamaneni is more interested in your pocket book. When I told him I need a little time to come up with money for tests because I'm on fixed budget. He got nasty with me. I'm a diabetic. Then He said I will not help you with your insulin which a pharmaceutical company was helping me get. The next day he sent me a nasty letter saying because of your refusal to follow office procedures I'm withdrawing from helping you. as your condition requires too much continued medical attention from me.. I no longer want to see you. Do not come back.. He wouldn't even look at me. Tried asking questions I was ignored. Never had I have to undress to see a endocrinologist before. I felt very uncomfortable. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, He is only interested in your pocket book doesn't want to help you.

December 29th, 2016
Uncertain about his approach
I just had an appointment with him yesterday and I came out with a lab slip requesting 15 different tests. I also had to pay for an extra fee for them to do an ultrasound on my thyroid because he said it seemed swollen. The very next day when I saw my PCP, she felt my thyroid and said it was not swollen. I am 46 years old with no vitamin D deficiencies. I have never had broken bones nor do I have any related diseases in my family related to bones and he has ordered that I get a bone density test. He has no reason to request one but he has. I was asked by him a couple of times if I was exposed to radiation as a child and if I was exposed as an adult. I was also asked a couple of times if I had met my deductable. Although I already show that I have protein in my urine as I am being treated for this, he still listed on the labs that I collect urine samples for 24 hours as well as a saliva swab to look at cortisol. I was not asked a lot of questions about my health as I would expect and instead was faced with a lot of assumptions. After awhile I just let him do his thing. I won't go back. His approach to me, as well as to my PCP is erratic and he does not explain things even after being asked. I am calling my insurance company to discuss all this as I am worried about having to pay out of pocket for the ultrasound. Truly a confusing and dubious experience.

December 20th, 2016
Dissatisfied
I had this Dr for over 3 years and I'm unhappy to say it has been a very bad experience for me. His medical treatment was fairly ok but his behavior toward patience and listening to patience lacks professionalism. He is rude and controlling and he upset me often by picking on my weight which only varied within 5 pounds in either direction. He also would not prescribe a substitute medication when I had a huge zanker diverticulum in my throat and passed it off as if I should just find a pill cutter....I could not swallow, a pill cutter would do not good. i ground up the pills in a coffee grinder to get my meds down during that time. He also tried to put me on injectibles without trying any further medications forcing me to see out a second opinion. My ACL levels dropped from 7.5 to 6.8 on change of dr. so I'm certain that the stressful environment did not help me stay on track. I would not recommend him to anyone and hope no one else suffers because of unprofessional behavior.

August 19th, 2016
Dr. Pinnamaneni
I am a patient of Dr. Pinnamaneni’s for two years. It is my belief, by sheer simple calculation, during 50 years of Dr. Pinnamaneni's career, he has had over 400,000 patient contacts or healthcare decision points thus far as noted in his policies. With this high volume of service encounters, it is nearly impossible to make all patients content with his decisions regarding the best possible treatment of their personal healthcare. From reading some of the comments posted on web portals, I understand a few patients were aggrieved due to their misguided information directed towards Dr. Pinnamaneni or his services in office. I believe some of those patients, who were unfairly retributive, attempted to spread or publish misplaced opinions by posting their wrongful accusations on a few websites, such as this website. Patient's personal opinions and feelings are just their own; and unquestionably Dr. Pinnamaneni has no control of freedom of speech of those service recipients even when they are harmful, wrong or unfair. However, in the future if one were to come across such misplaced unfair judgments, derogative disinformation and unwarranted comments questioning Dr. Pinnamaneni's professionalism or specialty competence, and one elects to believe it without neutrality before meeting Dr. Pinnamaneni, it would be best for them to find another physician immediately to protect the sacredness of the patient-physician relationship. I extracted some of the above information from Dr. Pinnamaneni's office policies and brochures I received as a patient. I fully concur with Dr. Pinnamaneni's expressed sentiment, which to me is honorable, honest and straightforward. It is my clear understanding that Dr. Pinnamaneni is not interested in getting involved in healthcare services with people that come to see him with preconceived ideas and prejudices. As a matter of fact, I asked Dr. Pinnamaneni during one of my follow ups about these blunderbuss accusations of impropriety posted on web portals. He advised me that some people unfortunately have bad experiences and end up with a hard life; and they try to project on others their difficult life experiences. I was impressed to hear Dr. Pinnamaneni’s forgiving and optimist view about people and life.

August 8th, 2016
If I could get this man's license revoked I would so as to save his next patient from a horrible experience. My story is too long to post here, but I would have to say he is the absolute worst doctor I have ever been too, and has a cancer survivor, I have been to a lot. My son had to basically start over with all his test because we are still waiting for the medical file from Dr. Pinnamaneni's office. Please save yourself the nightmare and steer away from this doctor. If I could give him all zeros or even negatives I would, for him and his staff.

June 8th, 2016
I was referred by my oncologist for low blood sugar. For the first 10 minutes of appointment he detailed his degrees, where all he studied, how great he was. He ordered a multitude of blood work--part of which was experimental (which I declined to do because it would have cost me $600 out of my pocket), bone density scan and thyroid ultrasound. Follow up appointment for results --said there was a nodule on the thyroid, didn't mention the bone density scan and said the blood work was very good. When I asked about some of the symptoms I was having, he said I would have to go back to the oncologist and to ob/gyn. He is the Endocrinologist--that's why I was referred to him. I didn't make the 6 month follow up appointment. I wasn't comfortable with him. Since I keep copies of all my medical records, I asked for a copy of my reports. They didn't send them. I called again and they said they send out only one set of records to either the patient or the doctor. I asked to send to me and I would forward to the doctor. Records never received. My oncologist called to request the records and was told the records were sent 3 weeks ago. Never received. I drove to Pinnamenini's office and paid $25 for 2 sheets of paper with the scan results. I gave them a written request for the images to be sent to my oncologist. Never received.

August 28th, 2015
worst experience ever!!
The rudest doctor I ever met in my life he asked me he was racist against my mother and this coming from someone who is an immigrant himself the way he treats his staff I don't know how they put up with him he kept asking me personal questions about my family that had absolutely nothing to do with why we were there he did nothing to help my mother he is rude arrogant and unprofessional period it's a shame that this man is allowed to practice medicine at all!!!

April 8th, 2015
do not recommend him to anyone. very unhappy with services/medical advice

August 22nd, 2013
This physician is only after money from tests performed in his office. From the get go, he put a sense of urgency in an otherwise unremarkable diagnosis and ordered serious nuclear testing and scanning. Refused to look at other tests from previous orders with another facility and lied that the office was unable to read CDs from Imaging Companies so he could do his own testing. Never explained the tests in person prior to them being performed, the person performing the test was non talkative and cold. A BIG mistake to go here... look on other sites for reviews and heed the warnings from many others!

July 15th, 2013
This guy is a joke! Very RUDE, very controlling. I once asked staff what my blood pressure was after she took it and she told me I have to ask the doctor, she cannot disclose that to me. What's the big deal?? Once They left me in room for over an hour waiting. Every visit, the doctor reads my records with back facing me, does not explain anything to me. I'd ask him about my thyroid numbers and he would prescribe my meds and walk out the room and didn't explain anything to me. One time I showed up there with my five-year-old daughter, not realizing no kids allowed in office. The staff told me I could NOT be seen with her in the exam room and wouldn't have her wait alone in lobby. I explained that I had nobody to watch her and please let me be seen this one time because I was out of my thyroid meds and could not get more until I saw the doc. They refused to see me. I had to drive my daughter to a babysitter, took me an hour to go drop her off and get back to office. When I came back and they saw me, I was in room for five minutes. How rude they couldn't have just let my daughter be in there. They made me go hour out of my way to go drop her off for five minute appointment. What a waste of time! And how rude the doctor couldn't be a little more understanding. I got yelled at once for looking at my cell phone when the doctor walked into my exam room. I thought the sign on wall said to have ringer off. He told me he would kick me out if I didn't turn it off all the way. I tried to explain and say sorry, and he pointed at sign and said he'd kick me out. SO RUDE! Then Doc was prescribing me propranolol for the hypherthyroidism hoshimotos, I went in one day before I left on vacation and I had no meds left and was going to get them refilled. He reviewed my chart, didn't tell me anything and told me to come back in six months. I realized he didn't give me new prescription for the propranolol and I told staff he forgot to fill my other prescription. They went and talked to him, came back and said no, He cut my meds off and told me I needed to see my primary care doctor to get more propranolol because he doesn't think I need it anymore. He never explained that to me in exam room or told me he was stopping it so we could discuss why. I explained to staff that I was leaving out of country for couple weeks and to at least give me two weeks worth of meds so I don't have withdrawls. He told me before to NEVER stop taking it abruptly. Staff went and talked to him and came back and told me He refused to give me any more propranolol and told me I needed to go to emergency room or urgent care to get refilled. And he was the doctor that prescribed it to me to begin with. You'd at least think he would wean me off the meds properly. I had no meds for days before I was able to see a physician and I was having rapid heart beats and bad headaches because of it. I WOULD NEVER go back to him and NEVER recommend him to anyone. Very unethical.

May 30th, 2013
Don't visit this Dr!
There are so many bad reviews about this Dr. Everyone has the same story to tell. My first clue should have been when I went back to the exam room for the first time they wanted me to take off all my clothes. When I questioned this the staff said he would not examine me until I was undressed. When the Dr came in he talked with me and agreed that my Thyroid was under active even though my blood tests were showing normal levels. He said he could definitely help me but wanted me to do some tests in his office first. I left that day after about $3000 worth of tests and scheduled a follow up appt to get my results. I was happy that we were finally going to get some answers. At my second visit, the Dr comes in the office and sits at his table with his back to me and starts looking through my chart at the results. I was a little disappointed this was his first time to review my results. After looking at the chart he says everything looks normal and he was not going to change anything that I had been doing for almost 13 years. When we questioned him about different options he got up and opened the door and told us we could leave now. I have never been so angry at a Dr before! He gave me a script for my thyroid medication (same dose I have been on forever) and did not give any refills on it. When I called to get a refill they said he would not do so until I came back in. When I questioned why I would need to come back in since he did not change anything they understood and told me they would talk with the Dr. When they called back they again said he would not refill my meds until I came back in. I told them I felt this was unethical. One week later I received a letter in the mail stating they were dropping me as a patient and recommended I get into see another endocrinologist immediately due to the seriousness of my condition. So frustrating!! And, I still don't understand why I had to take off all my clothes. That's a little disturbing.

April 9th, 2013
upset patient
PLEASE do not go to him! Worst doctor ever. I have Hashimoto's and he basically did nothing to treat me after a ultrasound and bone scan. The doctor scared me for weeks and then did virtually nothing to treat me and did not fill me in on how serious Hashimoto's is.I have asked three times to get my documents sent over to my Doctor and they have never done it. I now am worse than ever and now have adrenal fatigue on top of Hashimoto's. I got more information and help getting information on the internet.