A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Krishnamurthy Shivshanker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Krishnamurthy Shivshanker is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Krishnamurthy Shivshanker, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shivshanker graduated from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shivshanker has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shivshanker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Krishnamurthy Shivshanker practice?
Dr. Krishnamurthy Shivshanker practices Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Gastroenterologists.