Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Warm, friendly, TOP NOTCH show details Warm, friendly, TOP NOTCH
by Gosh-Gar-Ian on Jul 19th, 2016

I worked in the medical field with some pretty amazing MDs. I know a genuine doctor when I encounter one. Dr Tewari is a genuine doctor with great bedside manners. People don't understand the demands this field places on a physician, it's almost unfair how some patients can be with their expectations for their doctor. I've have had a glimpse of what providers have to face on the daily, with that I carry high expectations for care (because I've seen great care) but with a reasonable attitude toward follow through and timelines. Dr Tewari and staff have exceeded my expectations. He has always taken the time to address any concerns I've had. I have not ever been made to feel hurried. Took the time to answer anything my husband has asked. My husband feels confident with me under his care. I have much respect for this provider. Thank you, Dr Tewari.

Feb 23rd, 2016

was not impressed

Jan 17th, 2016

Dr Tewari saved my life and I love his bedside manners and his knowledge.

Dec 8th, 2015

Did not respond to phone/emails. Cancelled appointment several times on me.

Brilliant, Kind-hearted, Down-to-Earth - Dr. Tewari show details Brilliant, Kind-hearted, Down-to-Earth - Dr. Tewari
by Amie Wylie on May 5th, 2015

If only all physicians were like Dr. Tewari. Love him!

Apr 20th, 2015

I was impressed with the professional attitude. He explained carefully what my problem was and how to treat it.

First choice for robot assisted surgery show details First choice for robot assisted surgery
Feb 4th, 2015

Dr. Tewari is very good at what he does and my surgery went very smoothly. He explains the process well and answers questions completely. I have confidence in him. Only downside is paperwork issues with his office staff. Pre-op tests not ordered or entered into hospital system, other test results not relayed to hospital, etc.

by Suzette Cook on Sep 16th, 2014

Dr. Tewari, performed my mothers surgery. She was diagnosed with Endometrial Uterine Cancer, Stage 1 grade 2. Dr. Tewari removed all of her "lady parts" along with the lymph nodes around that area. The surgery went quite well, she only stay at the hospital for 2 days before being sent home, but a week after she was recooperating she came down with some terrible symptoms. She waw ghostly pale, began to feel excrutiating pain in her abdomen along with a terrible fever and profussive sweating, it was clear something was very wrong. After several attempted phone calls to Dr. Tewari he basically texted my mom to go to the hospital. I rushed her to St. Joseph's Hospital in Orange where they took some xrays of her abdomen and immediately diagnosed her with Diverticulitis. They phoned Dr. Tewari to let him know, but he was not available, one of his assistants came by the hospital & began to treat my mother. She began a regimen of intravaneous pain medication, liquid foods, and laxatives in hopes that the supposed obstruction (Diverticulitis) in her stomach would pass through. After 2 1/2 days of immense pain, hemmeroids, bleeding and "the worst" diarreah caused by the laxatives, my mom was not getting better so they finally decided to run blood test. Low and behold a high white blood count, popped up, which equalls infection! The hospital staff (mind you Dr. Tewari was NEVER around for any of this) began a regimen of antibiotics, and what do you know, my mom was feeling better within the hour! The worst part about this is the fact that Dr. Tewari's assistant still insisted that my mom had Diverticulitis and that she had not contracted an infection during surgery. She held up to her lie even though she knew that was not true. She knew, the nurses knew, and the hospital staff knew my mom contracted an infection during surgery but they all stayed hush in fear of a legal altercation. My mom recently went in for a Colonoscopy and guess what? The Doctor that performed the procedure confirmed our alllegations, SHE NEVER HAD DIVERTICULITIS! Please be aware that my complaint is against Dr. Tewari and his assistant for their negligence & St. Josephs hospital for not running preliminary blood work following surgery protocol. To this day my mom is haunted by the hospital bill and the horrific experience.

Very good Dr. show details Very good Dr.
by josbon on Jul 31st, 2013

Dr. Tewari is an excellent Dr. In my situation I was diasgonsed with stage one endometrial cancer. Dr. Tewari was recommended to me by my obgyn. The uterus removal was suppossed to be quick and easy. When he actually got in to do the surgery he had to open me up and that's when he discovered a stage three cancer. I am very grateful that he chose to keep me under until he was satisfied that he had checked and tested everthing. Subsequently I had to have chemo. He has always been very positive and understanding. He or his fellows are always availabe to answer any questions. He also gave me his cell #. In case I needed to text or call with a question. The whole cancer thing can be very stressfull. His staff has been able to put things into perspective and make me feel a t ease. I have read some reviews that say the wait time is too long. Well I just don't think that's a problem because he does spend a lot of time with his patients. That means that he can't be in two places at the same time. I'd rather wait and get full attention than see a Dr. that has to buzz off to see anotber patient.

Feb 28th, 2013

Absent minded Doctor! Hospital Nurses complained that he would not return their calls. He rushed through my surgery and when he found out that he should have taken out lymph nodes he said to me "I'm not sure what to do, do you want a second surgery?" He was suppose to drop off my biopsy at UCI for evaluation but for three weeks he kept "forgetting". The final straw was when I saw one of his Fellows and then he was suppose to come in to talk with me. I sat for 45 minutes and when he finally came in and said "I'm sorry, they told me you were here, but I forgot." In addition, his examining rooms are filthy.

mothers cancer show details mothers cancer
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Twari took my mother as a patient and removed all of her cancer when no other Doctor would.He is one of the best, he removed all of the cancer and no radiation was needed. Thank you so much!

Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr. Tewari was very nice, took time to answer all my questions and explain my diagnosis and possible procedure. I like that he took a more conservative approach, rather than jumping right into surgery. I felt very comfortable with him and his staff.

Love him! show details Love him!
Dec 22nd, 2011

I have had nothing but the best interactions with Dr. Tewari and all of his staff. It may be possible that the other reviewers may be getting him confused with his brother, who has thebexact same specialty, but practices here in So Cal at Kaiser. I have known people treated by the brother, and who had those same opinions. Thanks to Dr. tewari, who I absolutely feel saved my life, and to all the staff, both in his office and the Infusion Center, who made me feel completely taken care of, and gave me nothing to worry about.

excellent, caring GYN ONC show details excellent, caring GYN ONC
Jun 7th, 2010

I feel very comfortable with Dr. Tewari. He is an excellent surgeon and did an amazing job in my surgery. At UCI, I did get a lot of my care from resident physicians but I always saw Dr. Tewari at each visit and he answered my questions.

A Life Saver show details A Life Saver
by Rose King on Feb 14th, 2010

He is a great Doctor, with a wonderful personality, a great surgeon. My family was very pleased with Dr. Tewari. He is a life saver. I owe him great gratitude...

by Cancer patient's husband on May 28th, 2009

Dr. Tewari seemed very arrogant about what he felt and did. Didnt seem to come accross as a warm person. His theory was like ... if i didnt do it ... it cant be right.

Feb 19th, 2009

Dr. Tewari has a nice smile but doesn't seem to connect or listen to patients - seems to lack empathy. Can be very Late to appoitments. Doesn't seem to understand hormones that are being prescribed to patient. Doesn't adequately address concerns about healing after surgery. The benefit of being treated by him - he can do surgery laprascopically (robotic) instead of laparotomy (full abdominal inscision).