inactive

Krishnansu S Tewari MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 19th, 2016
Warm, friendly, TOP NOTCH
I worked in the medical field with some pretty amazing MDs. I know a genuine doctor when I encounter one. Dr Tewari is a genuine doctor with great bedside manners. People don't understand the demands this field places on a physician, it's almost unfair how some patients can be with their expectations for their doctor. I've have had a glimpse of what providers have to face on the daily, with that I carry high expectations for care (because I've seen great care) but with a reasonable attitude toward follow through and timelines. Dr Tewari and staff have exceeded my expectations. He has always taken the time to address any concerns I've had. I have not ever been made to feel hurried. Took the time to answer anything my husband has asked. My husband feels confident with me under his care. I have much respect for this provider. Thank you, Dr Tewari.

February 23rd, 2016
was not impressed

January 17th, 2016
Dr Tewari saved my life and I love his bedside manners and his knowledge.

December 8th, 2015
Did not respond to phone/emails. Cancelled appointment several times on me.

May 5th, 2015
Brilliant, Kind-hearted, Down-to-Earth - Dr. Tewari
If only all physicians were like Dr. Tewari. Love him!

April 20th, 2015
I was impressed with the professional attitude. He explained carefully what my problem was and how to treat it.

February 4th, 2015
First choice for robot assisted surgery
Dr. Tewari is very good at what he does and my surgery went very smoothly. He explains the process well and answers questions completely. I have confidence in him. Only downside is paperwork issues with his office staff. Pre-op tests not ordered or entered into hospital system, other test results not relayed to hospital, etc.

September 16th, 2014
Dr. Tewari, performed my mothers surgery. She was diagnosed with Endometrial Uterine Cancer, Stage 1 grade 2. Dr. Tewari removed all of her "lady parts" along with the lymph nodes around that area. The surgery went quite well, she only stay at the hospital for 2 days before being sent home, but a week after she was recooperating she came down with some terrible symptoms. She waw ghostly pale, began to feel excrutiating pain in her abdomen along with a terrible fever and profussive sweating, it was clear something was very wrong. After several attempted phone calls to Dr. Tewari he basically texted my mom to go to the hospital. I rushed her to St. Joseph's Hospital in Orange where they took some xrays of her abdomen and immediately diagnosed her with Diverticulitis. They phoned Dr. Tewari to let him know, but he was not available, one of his assistants came by the hospital & began to treat my mother. She began a regimen of intravaneous pain medication, liquid foods, and laxatives in hopes that the supposed obstruction (Diverticulitis) in her stomach would pass through. After 2 1/2 days of immense pain, hemmeroids, bleeding and "the worst" diarreah caused by the laxatives, my mom was not getting better so they finally decided to run blood test. Low and behold a high white blood count, popped up, which equalls infection! The hospital staff (mind you Dr. Tewari was NEVER around for any of this) began a regimen of antibiotics, and what do you know, my mom was feeling better within the hour! The worst part about this is the fact that Dr. Tewari's assistant still insisted that my mom had Diverticulitis and that she had not contracted an infection during surgery. She held up to her lie even though she knew that was not true. She knew, the nurses knew, and the hospital staff knew my mom contracted an infection during surgery but they all stayed hush in fear of a legal altercation. My mom recently went in for a Colonoscopy and guess what? The Doctor that performed the procedure confirmed our alllegations, SHE NEVER HAD DIVERTICULITIS! Please be aware that my complaint is against Dr. Tewari and his assistant for their negligence & St. Josephs hospital for not running preliminary blood work following surgery protocol. To this day my mom is haunted by the hospital bill and the horrific experience.

July 31st, 2013
Very good Dr.
Dr. Tewari is an excellent Dr. In my situation I was diasgonsed with stage one endometrial cancer. Dr. Tewari was recommended to me by my obgyn. The uterus removal was suppossed to be quick and easy. When he actually got in to do the surgery he had to open me up and that's when he discovered a stage three cancer. I am very grateful that he chose to keep me under until he was satisfied that he had checked and tested everthing. Subsequently I had to have chemo. He has always been very positive and understanding. He or his fellows are always availabe to answer any questions. He also gave me his cell #. In case I needed to text or call with a question. The whole cancer thing can be very stressfull. His staff has been able to put things into perspective and make me feel a t ease. I have read some reviews that say the wait time is too long. Well I just don't think that's a problem because he does spend a lot of time with his patients. That means that he can't be in two places at the same time. I'd rather wait and get full attention than see a Dr. that has to buzz off to see anotber patient.

February 28th, 2013
Absent minded Doctor! Hospital Nurses complained that he would not return their calls. He rushed through my surgery and when he found out that he should have taken out lymph nodes he said to me "I'm not sure what to do, do you want a second surgery?" He was suppose to drop off my biopsy at UCI for evaluation but for three weeks he kept "forgetting". The final straw was when I saw one of his Fellows and then he was suppose to come in to talk with me. I sat for 45 minutes and when he finally came in and said "I'm sorry, they told me you were here, but I forgot." In addition, his examining rooms are filthy.

September 19th, 2012
mothers cancer
Dr. Twari took my mother as a patient and removed all of her cancer when no other Doctor would.He is one of the best, he removed all of the cancer and no radiation was needed. Thank you so much!

April 2nd, 2012
Dr. Tewari was very nice, took time to answer all my questions and explain my diagnosis and possible procedure. I like that he took a more conservative approach, rather than jumping right into surgery. I felt very comfortable with him and his staff.