Dr. Krista Gelford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 5th, 2015
Find someone else
My son has been going to Dr. Gelfords offices for a few years now. She always seems flustered and never spends time explaining after care. Every single we've went to her with an urgent issue we end up going to the ER later the same day. The er doctors are always surprised at Dr. Gelfords diagnosis and the medications subscribed or lack their of. Choose some one else and save your self the worry and hassle.

March 30th, 2015
Dr Gelford is the best! Would recommend her to anyone!

February 15th, 2014
AWESOME
She is the best Pediatrician in the whole Miami Valley111

November 7th, 2013
Top of the line!
My siblings and myself have been seeing Dr. Gelford since we were babies. We have numerous family and friends who also take their children to her. I can honestly say this woman is FANTASTIC. She is very big on prevention and educating her patient and parents. I am 23 years old and currently see a family physician. When i decide to have children of my own, i WILL choose Dr. Gelford at their doctor. Her staff is wonderful! Dr. Gelford is very kind and quick to take action. She is alway able to see her sick patients quickly and answers all questions, I HIGHLY recommend her.

August 21st, 2013
Great doctor
I really like Dr. Gelford. She spends a good amount of time with all 3 of my children. She listens to my concerns, and explains everything. She has called my insurance company to find out the cheapest way to file things with them. She truly cares about my children, and makes sure I understand everything about the healthcare of my children. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

April 9th, 2013
Good Doctor
Known Dr. Gelford for almost longer than I can remember. She is thoughtful and always does the right thing.

April 7th, 2013
Dr. Gelford needs less prayer, more thought.
Unfortunately, I have to concur with those fellow patients who have had contact with Dr. Gelford. Medicine is a difficult business and requires someone honest with themselves and others. She needs to admit when making a serious error in judgement and take definitive action to correct the underlying problem so that people don't suffer permanent, life-ruining damage.

October 24th, 2012
Refuses to see sick kids, instead points you to urgent care. Probably for the better though, because we got referred to multiple unneeded procedures with specialists which wasted thousands of dollars due to incompetent physician diagnosing ability. Rushes the kids through the visit. 23 years experience or 23 days?

June 5th, 2012
not recommended
I would not recommend Dr. Gelford as a pediatrician.We had several problems with her office in regard to billing and follow-up. These were not insignificant problems. For example, when my son's tests results indicated that he needed to visit a specialist, the first notification we received was a call from the specialist to schedule an appointment. We also had to make several phone calls in order to resolve an issue between the office and our health insurance. In the meantime we kept on getting bills for several hundred dollars - despite the fact that our insurance company said we were not liable for paying it.A tip to parents switching to a new pediatrician: Dr. Gelford's office will not automatically transfer all records necessary for continuation of care. If your child has a growth problem, you must specifically request that those records be transferred to the new doctor, along with any specialist reports. Otherwise you'll only get the vaccination chart and the report from your last visit.

October 21st, 2009
Very unprofessional
What started as a minor misunderstanding let to a full-blown outpouring of unprofessinalism as Dr. Gelford herself called me on the phone and yelled. I actually was in my office and put my phone on speaker so my co-workers could hear the inappropriateness of this call. Absolutely shocking. I will never take my daughter to that office again.

February 2nd, 2009
Dr. Gelford seems very unsure of herself as a peditrician. She is always referring kids to other specialties when most pediatrians can treat. Seems nervous.