Obstetricians & Gynecologists

275 Collier Rd NW
Ste 100B
Atlanta, GA 30309
404-352-3656
Locations and availability (3)

|  Ms.  |  show details
by Gaoyuan Zhao on Feb 23rd, 2014

She is really good. Nice, patient, understanding with courtesy.

|  Please Do Not See This Doctor  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

I apologize for having to write this letter, but as a Business Unit Manager myself, I would very much want to be informed if one of our company’s clients had received such deplorable service from anyone on my team. Not only did this service result TSCC losing my business, but also the business of two of my current co-workers. And, unfortunately, because problems with the TCSS billing department have persisted, I will be leaving their associate practice, Peachtree Women’s Center after the birth of my daughter if not sooner. If I had known that there was any affiliation between the two practices prior to my first appointment at the Peachtree Women’s Center, I would have never identified the practice as an option for my care. No woman should ever have to experience what I did as a patient in the care of Dr. Kristan V. Adams. Having a miscarriage is a devastating and frightening experience, particularly when a woman and her husband have been trying to become pregnant. We were ecstatic to learn that we were pregnant, and as anyone can imagine, I held on to every hope imaginable that when I started bleeding at just six and a half weeks pregnant that something very minor was wrong, and I would be able to see the pregnancy through to full-term. When I called TSCC in a panic, the woman who answered the phone was incredibly kind and reassuring. I wish I could remember her name: she told me that I may have to wait, but to come into the office and they would make sure I was seen as soon as possible because a threatened miscarriage is an important issue. Thus, I knew when I arrived at the office that I may have to wait to be seen. However, as a standard patient prior to my miscarriage, I always had to wait for long periods of time to be seen at TSCC and always assumed it was because women who needed assistance with a pregnancy were being seen before those going in for a routine PAP Smear. I had no idea that I would be seen so quickly by an ultrasound tech to be told, “There’s nothing here” and then have none of my questions answered for well over an hour until a doctor could see me. Sitting there crying, waiting to see any doctor, I watched two of them share pictures on their smartphones and chit chat outside their offices for more than thirty minutes before going to the nurse, who had told me while waiting for the results of my urine pregnancy test that it would be best if I made an appointment before coming into the office next time, that I was going to leave because I needed to find a doctor who would answer my questions, confirming whether or not there was any chance whatsoever of me remaining pregnant. I would like to point out that I have never heard of a woman having to make an appointment to come in for a miscarriage – it’s an emergency appointment and should be treated as such – miscarriages are obviously not planned, so who would be able to make an appointment for one. Furthermore, I was told by Dr. Suarez with whom I spoke on the “before hours” line prior to calling the office to just come in because I could be seen quicker than if I went to the ER and that there was no need for me to expend the cost of an ER visit. When I, still crying, explained my situation to the Office Manager, she quickly began the process of finding another doctor for me to see, and Dr. Adams walked in – from having managed an emergency at the hospital. I would like to mention that I completely understand that Dr. Adams was busy with an emergency, and I would have been happy to see any other doctor as well as the fact that I am not upset with her specifically for not having been able to see me when I arrived. I am, however, terribly upset by the fact that she also felt the need to spend my and her valuable time lecturing me about making appointments after she had just confirmed that I had, in fact, miscarried. I have never heard of a doctor telling a woman she had miscarried and then saying, “I understand you’re upset that you had to wait to be seen, and I want you to know that our practice is very accommodating when patients make appointments.” My world had just been shattered by the news that I had miscarried, I could hardly catch my breath, let alone fully comprehend the ill treatment I was receiving. After I shared the news with my husband and we spent time crying together, he became appalled by the treatment I had received. And, when I shared my story with family and friends, they were all disgusted as well, which is why my two co-workers and friends who had been patients of TSCC immediately found new doctors and practices. I am writing this letter because it is heart-wrenching to be reminded of the horrible experience I had at TCCS because their billing department did not follow proper protocol in contacting me before attempting to bill my new insurance provider for “services” that took place before my coverage with them – information they obtained from Peachtree Women’s Specialists – not information I in any way provided to them. I am paying the amount that TSCC says I owe despite the fact that they attempted to bill the incorrect insurance company and that TSCC should pursue this matter with the correct insurance company because I simply want to wash my hands of this practice. It is well worth $359 to me to never have to speak with anyone representing TSCC again, which says something that should be disappointing about the staff of TSCC and the way its patients are treated. We all have difficult days, and it can be unpleasant to hear someone point out a mistake you or a team member made, but when that’s the case, kindness and patience can usually alleviate the situation and help will go a long, long way. I also take my time to write this letter because TSCC should remain aware of two facts: the first being that even if miscarriages are routine to the doctor or the practice, they are not routine to the women experiencing them, and many other practices view threatened miscarriages as urgent medical matters. The second fact that TSCC should remain aware of is that patients are clients with choices, who can bring their own money as well as their extensive medical coverage to other practices. This one experience lost TSCC, at least, three patients and is now costing Peachtree Women’s Specialist, at least, one patient – wouldn’t it have been worth it to exhibit a little compassion and bedside manner – to take a few minutes from your lunch break and chit chat to see a paying customer in a time of actual medical need and severe loss?

|  Very happy with Dr. Adams!  |  show details
by Guest, Buckhead on Jan 22nd, 2013

I switched doctors within the practice and started to see Dr. Adams. I couldn't be happier with her. She seems gives you undivided attention in a busy office - and has a laid back, and relatable bedside manner. I feel very comfortable being in her care... as well as her nurse's, Sabrina. Would highly recommend to friends - however, practice is big and those who require lots of extra attention may want a smaller group.

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Adams. I was recommended to her after having some poor experiences with other OBGYNS. Dr. Adams is a caring doctor, who takes the time to explain the causes of your illness and treatment options. Sometimes she is very busy but I don;t mind that because I know when I get her I will get her full attention. Even though this is a very busy practice with lots of doctors, the nurses (especially Sabrina) are also very kind and helpful and someone always picks up the phone when you have to make an appointment.

|  CandyCovington  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

The best doctor ever! She is very concerned about her patients and spends a lot of time with you discussing any problems that you may have. She is very compassionate and caring. She follows up with her patients also to make sure that everything is okay. I am a patient and now my daughter is a patient. I would recommend Dr. Adams to everyone!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Stephanie on Aug 4th, 2008

I have seen Dr. Adams in Atlanta for the last two years for gynecology problems after my primary doctor in Roswell highly recommended her. I am so glad he did. She is great. She is so kind and caring, takes a lot of time to explain things, and is so thorough. I have sent 3 of my friends to see her also.