Dr. Kristen Hawthorne Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kristen Hawthorne?

Diabetic retina exam and exam for Torrick lens surgery

Posted on August 17th, 2015

WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD

Posted on August 27th, 2013

This was absolutely the worst experience i have ever had at a doctors office EVER. I had to wait TWO HOURS and i still never got to see the doctor. I made my appointment well in advance, arrived on time and ended up waiting two hours. I had to leave. I will NEVER go there again. EVER.

Ugh!

Posted on July 28th, 2013

Run, don't walk away from this place. Had cataract surgery. 20/20 visison when I went in & when I came out, 20/30 in my right eye and 20/40 in the left. I was told going in since I'd had Lasik years ago, my vision might not be as sharp, but I had no idea just how bad it was going to get. Prior to surgery, Dr. Kristen Hawthorne also told me that I could have a touch up with Lasik if needed after cataract surgery. And she quoted me different prices in earlier discussions about Lasik being a possibility. To make an extremely long story short, she thought that "my expectations" were too high. Her first suggestion, Lasik on the left eye after enough time had passed, then suggested PRK, which has an extremely long healing time. She also said that I should probably just leave the right eye with 20/30 vision alone since it could get worse. (Incidentally, she told me my vision was 20/25 in the right eye but her assistant confirmed it was 20/30, as did another doctor.) Another suggestion was taking the lens out and replacing it with a different one, but there was a possibility she couldn't get it out! After months of back & forth visits and still terrible vision, she said I couldn't have Lasik since I'd already had a flap. Lasik was an option before, but during our last discussion, all of a sudden it wasn't!! Oh, and did I mention that after a few visits I was billed. The only reason I kept going back was because my vision was bad and unacceptable to me and she'd tell me to come back in. After about 7 months, I'd had enough. I went to the doctor who had originally done my Lasik. He said there was no reason I couldn't have a Lasik enhancement done, which he performed quite successfully. It cost me another $2,700 to have good vision again!

Posted on February 28th, 2009