Internists, Pediatrician
Smh Physician Avc
6128 S Tamiami Trl
Sarasota, FL 34231
941-923-5882
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  LPN  |  show details
by Patty on Dec 21st, 2013

Dr. Paulus is very pleasant, listens to you well and at times will take your suggestions. She never rushes you. She is an intelligent MD that is very careing and liked by many. She has an excellend bedside manner and always asks about my family or any problems affecting me. I have gone to her for 12 years and would never consider going to another MD. At times you wait time is long, but only because she is so caring and I don't mind waiting as she gives you her full attention and time when you go see her. What a fantastic person. She is a very busy MD and may take some time to get an appt but there are also other MD'S and ARNP there to give you their attention.

|  How quickly can I get to the next patient?  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

Draws own conclusion without properly exploring the facts or allowing the patient time to provide more details. Be sure to request and read your office visit summary. It appears that her commitment to health insurance companies keeps her from treating patients properly. Often test that could or should be ordered to properly diagnosis a concern that just don’t get ordered. The office staff acts like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. They are often arrogant and indifferent.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Great Doctor. Mediocre to poor office.

|  Do Not Go To This Dr. !!!!!  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2010

When I was pregnant I did a lot of research for a Pediatrician. I meet with Dr. Paulus and I loved her. So the baby was born and we started our visits. Everything was fine at first, until I needed something. My 1st run in with the way this office runs was when I needed to call in after hrs. I got the answering service and they never got the message to the on call Dr. So I never got a call back. Then when I called the next day to ask then why no one called me back they basically told me that I DIDNT call, b/c they had no record. REALLY. Well I did call. 2nd was when I called during office hrs and the response time was not better. 1 day later the nurse returned my call and was very rude. I asked her why I didnt get a call back yesterday she replied I did call and left a message. Well, u didnt b/c I had no message. She didnt apologize or verify the number that she was calling was the correct #. 3rd was when my 7 month old spiked a very high fever out of the blue. (She never had a fever before and I wasnt quite sure what to do to get it down.)My daughter became very lethargic and not responding. Her lips and hands turned blue! So I immediately packed her up and was driving to the Dr. office. It was around 4:10pm. (Office closes @ 5:00pm.) Franticly, I called Dr. Pauluss office and said what was going on. I told them that I was in route to bring her in. The lady on the phone had the nerve to tell me Im sorry, we are done seeing patients for the day. Just give her Tylenol. Well that was not what I wanted to here! I ended up taking her to a walk-in clinic. She had a bad infection and need to go on antibiotics immediately.My little baby girl is happy and healthy with a new Dr. that has the time and respect for new parents. And really care about what happens to there patients!

|  RUDE OFFICE STAFF!!!  |  show details
by Sorry to go on Jul 20th, 2010

Have been a patient with Dr Paulus for several years. Dr Paulus is a sweet Dr its putting up with the incredibly RUDE and UNHAPPY office staff that makes going for an appointment or calling the office almost painful! They never answer the phone I let the phone ring for 10 mins until someone picked it up and answered with just a rude Hello. They just now put in an answering machine after several years. Forget trying to get samples they are always out and if you have a question DONT ASK you are bothering them! When I called for a simple UTI test I was told to make a full appointment with the Dr! Other Dr offices will have you just come in for a quick test to determine if you need a script no appoint needed! I work for a specialty Dr and we always have a smile on our face and kind word for the patients, we have and continue to receive many complements from our patients! The staff really needs an attitude adjustment they have gotten so bad I am actually looking for a new Dr cant take the rudeness any longer!

|  A caring doctor.  |  show details
by Laura on Mar 24th, 2009

Dr. Paulus really seems to care about you as an individual. She is very compassionate and perseveres to get to the bottom of a problem. She is quick to refer you to a specialist if she feels it is in your best interest.