Family Practitioner
9 Chatham Ctr S
Ste C
Savannah, GA 31405
912-527-7211
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  She's THE BEST  |  show details
by Doug Thomson on Jul 30th, 2014

I am 65 and have only trusted 3 physicians in my life. Dr Updegraff is top on that list. I have seen her over the past 4 years and my wife has been with her for 3 1/2 years as well. She has treated us for everything up to and including life threatening conditions. The level of care she provides is fantastic and her judgement is spot on. We have put our lives' in her hands and because of her we are still here to brag on her. If I were you I'd beat a path to her door... she is "THE BEST"

|  I have NEVER been happier with a doctor in my life!  |  show details
by Vikki Leahy on Apr 26th, 2014

Dr. Updegraff is by FAR the most caring doctor I have ever encountered! She is genuinely concerned, NO INTERESTED in the well being of her patients. I never feel rushed! I ALWAYS know she is listening. She goes above and beyond and actually feels for her patients. I love her. I would recommend everyone I know to go to her! My daughter will go to her. I just can't say enough!

|  Dr. Updegraff is awesome!  |  show details
by Tyra Wilson on Apr 21st, 2014

I have read the reviews and honestly don't understand some of the comments. I am in the medical profession - I understand healthcare today and I have to say Dr. Updegraff is one of the very few physicians in the Savannah area that have a great mixture of professionalism and personalization for their patients. I have been to several physicians but I choose to stay where I am now. I have never seen or heard her be rude to anyone. With healthcare today, it is important to have a baseline history along with diagnostic testing to begin a history on you as a patient; yes these may be costly in the beginning but very helpful long term. Of course, you always have the right to refuse certain tests; that is part of a patients bill of rights... your choice. I honestly must agree tho with the office staff issues. There will always be issues like that, anywhere you go. Feedback to the office manager would be appropriate. I highly recommend Dr. Updegraff to anyone.

|  long waiting and unproductive nurses  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2014

Do not waste your time and money to see this doctor.

|  Love her, love her, love her!  |  show details
by Susan Wirth on Aug 23rd, 2013

Doctor Updegraff is the BOMB! She IS the best Family doctor in this area. If she finds something with her patience she doesn't stop there. She finds the problem if there is any. Her presence just makes a patient feel better. Best medicine is her personality towards her patient. I refer all my friends and anybody that ask me about her and her staff. You are the "BEST!"

|  Excessive tests are part of the problem with our medical system  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2013

I was very disappointed in Dr. Updegraff and her staff. Her staff does not allow patients to speak with the doctor. They do not advocate for the patient. The office is overstaffed which you might think means better customer service, but it is just the opposite. My biggest complaints are the excessive tests that seem to be counter-intuitive to common sense, just to run the bill up. They will not treat patients unless you can afford the ridiculous tests they demand to run for common everyday problems that anyone with a lick of common sense could diagnose through Web MD.

Jan 20th, 2013

She is very down to earth and compassionate. When I saw her for the first time, it felt like we had known each other for years. I highly recommend her - she is thorough and very involved, and listens to what you want. Individualized and personal Ralph care at it's best.

|  Outstanding Physician, Lousy Everything Else  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

Dr, Updegraff is an outstanding physician. Her professional credentials are top-notch and her compassion and one-on-one skills are outstanding. But...and this is a big "but," much of the staff borders on incompetent--lost paperwork, misinformation, scheduling glitches. And South Coast Medical is highly restrictive--to the point of impacting care. So this is a conundrum. Dr. Updegraff is a joy and I feel very confident in her ablilities as a physician. But the other issues are significant. I wish she'd go to another practice. And I know they must do something to train their officer personnel better. I highly recommend the doctor.

|  Cheers For Dr. Updegraft !!!  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

Why can't all Dr's be as compassionate and genuine? Dr. Updegraft wrote the book on being both a real person and a superior doctor. Unlike most of her colleagues, who are condescending and belittling, she speaks with gentle authority while providing the ultimate in patient care. She also knows how to make one smile. And she knows her 'stuff'. To all the other 'doctors' that I've had the misfortune to run across here in Savannah, take a jog over to Dr. Updegraft. You can get some first-hand experience on what it takes to be a caregiver - not one who sees a patient as just another buck to make your boat payment with. Kudos, Dr. U!!!

Oct 4th, 2011

Rude and judgemental....would not recommend. Save you money and time.

Apr 28th, 2011

Wonderful Dr

Sep 19th, 2010

Exeptional bedside manner. Very friendly and personable.

by Rachel King on Jan 22nd, 2010

Me and my Daughter go to her we just love her she easy talk to,

|  Simply The Best...  |  show details
by M. Prince on Dec 24th, 2009

Since I work in a hospital, I deal with doctors everyday. Dr. Updefraff is the best out there. She is caring, understanding and most of all, she takes her time with you. She makes you feel like you are her only patient. An office visit with her is like seeing an old friend and just sitting and catching up.

Oct 19th, 2009

Dr. Updegraff is fantastic! What a caring person!

by MZ. DEMERY on Oct 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I LOVE DR. UPDEGRAFF, SHE'S THE BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!

May 9th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Updegraff is very sweet and a very good doctor. I can't say enough positive things about her. However there is a blonde woman at the front desk in her office who is absolutely terrible to deal with. The first time i went to the office with my fiance I

Apr 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Well, Dr. Updegraff is charming, and smart and enthusiastic. But if you have a problem that requires a phone call, you might as well just forget it and make an appointment, because there is a staffer there by the name of Chante who seems to intercept any