Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

• Currently 2.7741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Do NOT see Dr Whitmore!!!  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

I waited over 3 hours to see this "so called" expert. I saw her entourage of medical students and residents longer than I saw her. When she FINALLY showed up to make an appearance, she was RUDE, ABRUPT, and CONDESCENDING! I asked her a question about something she suggested and she LITERALLY STORMED out of the room after telling me "If you don't like what I say, you can go somewhere else and you'll never get better." Well, I will NEVER step foot in that office again, which is a shame b/c I've heard wonderful things about the Nurse Practitioners there, too bad they work for that woman. Save yourself time and aggregation and go and see someone else!

|  Poorly run practice! Seems like no one who works there could care less!  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

First of all it is impossible to see Dr. Whitmore Unless you can wait three months or more. Second she staffs entire office with CRNPs, not MDs. She is the only MD And you can't get an appointment with her. Third it is impossible to make followup contact with any of the nurses you see. They do not reply to faxes or emails or phone calls. The front desk constantly makes errors with important information, meaning that your test results are not forwarded to the nurse or if they are, the nurse never calls back. There is no continuity of care. I am on my third nurse now because when I need an appt or test results, the ones I have seen are either sick or on vacation for over one full week. It is the most frustrating doctors office ever! I get no sense that anybody cares at all. Do not put yiurself through the agony.

|  You can't make this stuff up  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2013

I have nothing good to say about Dr. Whitmore. She was rude, uninterested me or my stated complaint, interviewed me with her back to me (asked questions I had already answered twice) while looking at my record on the computer, . She was interested in a urological condition I have but is not a problem for me. She gave me a painful internal exam to learn about this condition, but did not ask one question about my stated complaint. She did prescribe for the condition she never discussed with me, but did not explain the purpose, effects and side effects. Incompetent and unfeeling.

Feb 8th, 2013

No idea about the quality of the physician. Sadly, the ofice cannot even schedule an appointment in a timely manner. They will put prospective patients through the trouble of faxing a copy of an insurance card and contact information before they will even speak with you. Then they will make you wait for more than a week (still no call to schedule the appointment). Then, when you call and inquire, they will advise that they are at least 40 patients behind in being able to call and schedule patients for an appojntment three months in the future. How can any one have confidence in a physician with this poor quality office management?

|  Waste of money (copays)/Time  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. Whitmore was recommended to me. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND her to anyone. She is a waste of time and money. Paid copays only to see her nurse practitioner. Asked a question and she didn't like it. She implanted something in my body that never worked or they couldn't get it to work and a yr later had to get it removed and NO not by her. Left her and went to another IC/urologist in the philly area. She is lacking in alot of ways. When I go to the Dr.'s I want to see the doctor not a nurse practitioner. Trust me I gave her plenty of chances and I am not one to complain. I just don't want others to waste time and hard earned money seeing her and getting absolutley nowhere. The choice is yours hope you make the right one. Just thing again before going to this So called wonderful excellent Dr. Good Luck

|  Very happy with Dr Whitmore  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I love Dr Whitmore and her staff I believe she is the best and has an awesome bedside manner and has really helped me excellent care and treatment!!

|  best doc for IC-  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2012

Dr Whitmore treated me for IC since 1990 when it was an issue that most Urologists ignored. That makes it even more difficult for a woman because a large number of urologists(male) focus mainly on male issues. She has always been sharp and compassionate, professional and personal, a very special medical caregiver. The only problem I had was this group excepts limited insurance plans and I have often had to go elsewhere when my insurance changed. This is how I learned how poorly an IC patient is treated by many male urologists. And one female urologist who was the worst of them all. When I was in excruciating pain she made me wait three hours and then told me it was only a consult and wouldnt treat me until the next appt...three weeks away. I have gone through all the protocols and biopsied twice and dealing with the flare-ups require someone just like Dr. Whitemore.

|  Who would knWow?W  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

This practice requires you immediately fax (really?) or email them a scan of your insurance card before they will even schedule your appointment. I followed their procedure and was told someone would contact me in 24 to 72 hours to set up my appointment. 5 days later, I received an email asking for my phone number. So, they were already behind from the beginning. I immediately gave them my number and 2 days later - still no call to set up my appointment. I don't think these doctors understand that they can be highly ranked as a physician, but if their staff and system clearly tell patients they don't care, in the long run, word will get out. The healthcare system isn't great, but these doctors could make practical changes to improve the experience. They just choose not to.

|  Good doctor with many solutions to problem  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

Has an expertise in this area and knows how to diagnose a problem and offered many solutions. Would highly recommend her.

Aug 3rd, 2011

I HIGHLY recommend Dr whitmore and her associates. I absolutely love Jen. She is a great asset to Dr Whitmore's great practice. If you want to see the greatest collection of boots, see her(Dr. Whitmore). I know it has nothing to do with her practice but the are wonderfully made. She doesn't give up trying to find out answers to why you are having problems. She tries everything possible to help you before doing anything further. I consider her above most doctors of her field to be over and beyond them. I wouldn't want anyone else to help me with my problems (she is not my first doc, but, is my last one!)

|  Huge Help!  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2010

I've lived with a diagnosis of IC for over 5 years, and until recently, haven't had any relief from symoptoms. That changed after my visit! With Dr. Whitmore's new medicine regime, I've had almost total relief from all my symptoms. I would definitely recommend this physician to other patients. I have seen Dr. Whitmore and her nurses 3 times, and will continue going to her for my treatment. Her office staff is pleasant, and I find her no nonsense approach to medicine very refreshing. The wait time for an appointment is a little long, but worth it.

Jul 22nd, 2010

Dr. Whitmore is extremely knowledgable, caring and has a great staff. She will get you better if you are willing to participate in your own care. If you need your disease, don't go because she'll call you on it. I was totally disabled and now I have a full time job!!

|  Life Saver!  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2010

While it did take about 3 months to finally get in to see her, it was WELL worth the wait. Being that she is the top doctor in IC, it would make sense though. Once I got to the office I had about a 45 minute wait until I was brought back, however, once in the exam room, Dr Whitmore spent over an hour with me going over my symptoms and examining me. I have been suffering for over 10 years with unexplainable bladder pain and have been bounced from doctor to doctor where I received no answers and only was treated for what they thought was recurring bladder infections. Dr Whitmore put me through numerous tests and procedures which led her to my diagnosis of having interstitial cysititis. Just having a real diagnosis was a HUGE relief. She immediately began me on a treatment plan which got my symptoms under control and made my IC managable. She was there for me from day one through every exam, test, procedure, and follow up care visit. In the event Dr Whitmore herself was unavailable, she has wonderful nurse practitioners that are more than willing and able to help me out if I go into a bad flare. Her office staff is always very pleasant and ready to help whenever I call. Not only has Dr Whitmore saved me from a life full of pain, she has finally given me the answers I have been searching for. I would recommend this Doctor and her practice to everyone!

|  Avoid this practice!  |  show details
by anonymous on Feb 22nd, 2010

I had several bad experiences with this dr. & her staff. I will only say do not dare to question her on any subject, prepare to wait, the front desk staff is well known to be incompetent, this dr. will literally throw you out of her office if you question anything that her or her staff does, or if you have a complaint. There are many other good dr.'s dealing with IC in the Phila. area.

|  Not the wonder Dr!  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2009

I endured painful procedures to try and resolve my IC and related issues.With minimal relief and lots of hope I continued to travel the round trip of 4hrs to her office for painful injections.It all ended when i was hospitalized for a massive infection. I feel that it is possible this was caused by a misguided injection.My condition now continues but with more complications then when i started, and more pain.Her staff is rude and she has is not approachable. Her bed side manner is non existent.