Dr. Kristi Funk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 10th, 2015
Dismissive, cold and disinterested. No listening.

October 23rd, 2015
No possible phone contact
Impossible to either reach a person or leave a message. The only way to leave a message is on the appointments line and they simply don't return calls. I have had a surgery scheduled and have several important questions but no way to reach even a front desk person to ask them or leave a question for the surgeon.

October 1st, 2015
This review is long overdue. I was diagnosed with Stage 2A breast cancer in Spring 2013. I went in because I discovered a lump and fully expected it to be nothing. Thanks to Dr. Taylor's proactiveness by doing a biopsy even though she also expected it to be nothing (mostly due to my age and family history), my cancer was caught early. She was wonderfully supportive and compassionate when I went in for my consultation after this diagnosis and laid out all my options, answered all my questions, and was so understanding of the shock I was going thru. Dr. Taylor went on maternity leave prior to my surgery but transitioned me to Dr. Funk. Dr. Funk has been amazing throughout my 2 year journey. When my tumor grew during chemo and I had to wrestle with the decision of moving my double mastectomy surgery up, she was there for me the whole way with answering questions, coordinating with my other doctors, giving advice when I needed, being understanding of how hard this process is and can be. She is always accessible and responsive and I'm so grateful and thankful to have been referred to Pink Lotus. I completely disagree with the reviews that you need to be a celebrity to get excellent care - I became a patient around the time that the Angelina Jolie story broke and I never have felt any effects of this. I've always been treated as a person (not a number) and with great care. Jackie (Surgical Coordinator) is amazing and unbelievably sweet and helpful! Thank you to everyone at Pink Lotus for getting me thru this difficult time and continuing to look out for me!

March 26th, 2015
Dr. Funk was personable and friendly but I waited an hour to see her. Her staff wasn't overly friendly and only acknowledged my waiting about 5 minutes before I was called in. I hope her celebrity doesn't get in the way with her treating her patients but we shall see.

July 3rd, 2014
CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE THERE
I HAVE CALLED 6X AND LEFT MESSAGES AND NOBODY HAS CALLED ME BACK, I EVEN ASKED FOR THE FAX # TO FAX THEM AND I CANT GET THAT!

October 21st, 2013
Breast lump
Dr. Kristi Funk is a great doctor very accurate and did my ultrasound and breast biopsy right away results were givin to me right away. I would diffenately recommend her as a surgeon doctor unfortunately my insurance has changed ad I am un able to follow up with her and my new doctor is not that great at all in fact I am trying to get a PPO ins so I can have her as my doctor.

May 17th, 2013
After having found out I had Breast Cancer, I met with three surgeons (Dr. Funk being the 2nd). After the 3rd consult, although all 3 were strong candidates, there was no question that I would entrust my body, my life with Dr. Funk. She was knowledgeable, professional, sensitive and had a, much needed/appreciated, calming bedside manner. She spent as much time as we (I was with family members) needed; never rushing the questions, the consulting process. We came away from the office visit remarkably comforted and hopeful. As well, Pink Lotus’ office was impeccable, well equipped with magazines, the floral arrangements were a nice touch and the staff was friendly and courteous. I will share that in Dr. Funk’s good hands, the surgery was simple – a Lumpectomy and Lymph Node removal. I waited, patiently, for the results and was faced with the decision as to what type of follow-up treatment I would choose. In the long run, and it wasn’t a quick decision, I opted for the non-typical direct Radiation therapy. Dr. Funk, with a room filled with my family, skillfully inserted the Mammosite; all the while allowing for our ridiculous banter – of course, designed to divert my attention. To say that she is kind and inhabits, again, a calming bedside manner is a gross understatement. 2+ years later, I am ecstatic to report that I am Cancer free, thrilled with my decision to entrust Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus with my well being and highly recommend her as a surgeon! PS Her ‘buddy system’; affording her patient to connect with another patient, who has had a similar experience, was an amazing touch! From the ground up, Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus genuinely care and, for that, I am forever grateful.

August 11th, 2012
Did not diagnose well
I was told by Dr. Funk partial mastectomy will be the treatment for me but the cancer is back and now have to do full mastectomy for a second time. I was told by other doctors full mastectomy should have been done in first place.

July 11th, 2012
Dr. Funk Funked Me Up
I was treated by dr. funk for stage 0 breast cancer and found dr. funk to be cold, calculating and self-serving all the way. she convinced me to let her do an unecessary surgery on me before the bi-lateral mastectomy. she perfomred a sub-standard bi-lateral mastectomy after that. as a result, i wasn't able to complete the reconstruction afterwards. she refused to communicate on a problem that was a result of the surgery she performed on me, and actually blamed me, saying my body was distorted while that was not the case whatsoever. she referred me to a ps who was also cold, calculating and into it only for the money. they were both cold blooded and not in any sense the compassionate doctor you'd hope for when undergoing a traumatic journey such as this. i believe she is an intelligent and talented doctor yet misusing her skills from the desire for fame and fortune. unless she finds herself in the same situation, she will have no idea of the damage that occurs when treating patients so carelessly.

January 16th, 2012
I love this woman.
She did an amazing job extracting my tumor and leaving virtually no sign of surgery, after being told by other doctors that I had to have a double mastectomy. She really cares about the woman that is going to survive cancer and live a good quality of life. I cannot say enough good things about her; she communicated with me via email and phone calls, was patient, caring and reassuring. She communicated with my Oncologist and was supportive all the way through my treatment, not just through the surgery. I really felt that I had great care beyond my expectations. The Pink Lotus Breast Center is a warm caring center that gives all the support a breast cancer patient needs. There is no other place like the Pink Lotus Breast Center for saving lives and improving the quality of the lives of women who survive this terrible disease. Thank you Kristi!

July 15th, 2011
There are not enough kind words to say about Kristi. Not only is she an amazing doctor but a wonderful compassionate human being. She guided me through one of the toughest times in my life and was there without reservation for anything I needed. I knew I was in good hands from the moment I met her. Looking back I cant imagine going through any of it without her on my team. I will forever be thankful to her for saving my life.

June 8th, 2011
Crusader in the Fight for Breast Health
cant say enough things about this angel of a woman. when she was born with a gift. Doctors like her are one in a million. if you have a concern about your breast. You have to experience PLBC. It far exceeded my expectations.