Dr. Kristi Funk, MD
120 S Spalding Dr
Ste 205
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
310-273-8002
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.9178082191781 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE THERE  |  show details
by trina friedman on Jul 3rd, 2014

I HAVE CALLED 6X AND LEFT MESSAGES AND NOBODY HAS CALLED ME BACK, I EVEN ASKED FOR THE FAX # TO FAX THEM AND I CANT GET THAT!

|  Breast lump  |  show details
by Lynette Fonseca on Oct 21st, 2013

Dr. Kristi Funk is a great doctor very accurate and did my ultrasound and breast biopsy right away results were givin to me right away. I would diffenately recommend her as a surgeon doctor unfortunately my insurance has changed ad I am un able to follow up with her and my new doctor is not that great at all in fact I am trying to get a PPO ins so I can have her as my doctor.

|  a treasure  |  show details
by linda r on Jul 1st, 2013

i was diagnosed with breast cancer where i live in florida. i told my daughter who said.. get all your records and fly here to california . theres only one dr. who i trust and that was dr. funk. i got on a plane within days and met with dr. funk. its hard not to like her.. shes warm, caring and the fact that shes gorgeous doesn't hurt.. she sat with me for an hour and a half explaining everything..she is so smart and so sensitive to those of us with breast cancer. i am a terrible patient.. i am filled with questions and at no time were my crazy questions dismissed. the day of the surgery i was so frightened until i saw dr. funks smiling, joyful face.. she was wonderful and im glad i made the 3,000 mile trip to have dr. funk as my surgeon. i adore her.

|  LOVE KRISTI FUNK AND PINK LOTUS STAFF!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
by Lynn on Jun 28th, 2013

Im based in Houston and if I lived half way around the world I would still fly to PINK LOTUS BREAST CENTER in Los Angeles!!! Dr.Funk and EVERY STAFF member made me feel like I was coming home ! My visits were BEYOND comfortable and ENJOYABLE ...who can say that about getting ready for SURGERY??!!! My surgery felt more like a PAMPERED SPA TREATMENT THAN SURGERY!!! I was ready to have scar and was ok with that BUT there is NO SCAR!!! I CANNOT say enough incredible things about Dr.Funk and her staff!!!! Dr. Funk is so kind and patient ...I called a zillion times preparing for surgery and each time she and her staff were so loving , sweet with a wealth of information! Once my surgery was over and I was cleared to fly I was SAD because I was going to miss Dr.Funk and her loving staff until my next check up!!! If anyone should have any questions about Dr.Funk and Pink Lotus Breast Center email me! Lynn

by JG on May 17th, 2013

After having found out I had Breast Cancer, I met with three surgeons (Dr. Funk being the 2nd). After the 3rd consult, although all 3 were strong candidates, there was no question that I would entrust my body, my life with Dr. Funk. She was knowledgeable, professional, sensitive and had a, much needed/appreciated, calming bedside manner. She spent as much time as we (I was with family members) needed; never rushing the questions, the consulting process. We came away from the office visit remarkably comforted and hopeful. As well, Pink Lotus’ office was impeccable, well equipped with magazines, the floral arrangements were a nice touch and the staff was friendly and courteous. I will share that in Dr. Funk’s good hands, the surgery was simple – a Lumpectomy and Lymph Node removal. I waited, patiently, for the results and was faced with the decision as to what type of follow-up treatment I would choose. In the long run, and it wasn’t a quick decision, I opted for the non-typical direct Radiation therapy. Dr. Funk, with a room filled with my family, skillfully inserted the Mammosite; all the while allowing for our ridiculous banter – of course, designed to divert my attention. To say that she is kind and inhabits, again, a calming bedside manner is a gross understatement. 2 years later, I am ecstatic to report that I am Cancer free, thrilled with my decision to entrust Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus with my well being and highly recommend her as a surgeon! PS Her ‘buddy system’; affording her patient to connect with another patient, who has had a similar experience, was an amazing touch! From the ground up, Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus genuinely care and, for that, I am forever grateful.

|  Breast Cancer Surv.  |  show details
by Liz Bailey on May 15th, 2013

Kristi, I'm sure you don't remember me. 4 1/2 years ago you did a double for me. Thank you again for saving my life. Today I'm writing to say how proud I am for you. You are still (maybe more so) a great example for all females. Thank you for being you. Love, Liz Bailey Simi Valley, Ca

|  Did not diagnose well  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2012

I was told by Dr. Funk partial mastectomy will be the treatment for me but the cancer is back and now have to do full mastectomy for a second time. I was told by other doctors full mastectomy should have been done in first place.

|  Dr. Funk Funked Me Up  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I was treated by dr. funk for stage 0 breast cancer and found dr. funk to be cold, calculating and self-serving all the way. she convinced me to let her do an unecessary surgery on me before the bi-lateral mastectomy. she perfomred a sub-standard bi-lateral mastectomy after that. as a result, i wasn't able to complete the reconstruction afterwards. she refused to communicate on a problem that was a result of the surgery she performed on me, and actually blamed me, saying my body was distorted while that was not the case whatsoever. she referred me to a ps who was also cold, calculating and into it only for the money. they were both cold blooded and not in any sense the compassionate doctor you'd hope for when undergoing a traumatic journey such as this. i believe she is an intelligent and talented doctor yet misusing her skills from the desire for fame and fortune. unless she finds herself in the same situation, she will have no idea of the damage that occurs when treating patients so carelessly.

|  I love this woman.  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

She did an amazing job extracting my tumor and leaving virtually no sign of surgery, after being told by other doctors that I had to have a double mastectomy. She really cares about the woman that is going to survive cancer and live a good quality of life. I cannot say enough good things about her; she communicated with me via email and phone calls, was patient, caring and reassuring. She communicated with my Oncologist and was supportive all the way through my treatment, not just through the surgery. I really felt that I had great care beyond my expectations. The Pink Lotus Breast Center is a warm caring center that gives all the support a breast cancer patient needs. There is no other place like the Pink Lotus Breast Center for saving lives and improving the quality of the lives of women who survive this terrible disease. Thank you Kristi!

Jul 15th, 2011

There are not enough kind words to say about Kristi. Not only is she an amazing doctor but a wonderful compassionate human being. She guided me through one of the toughest times in my life and was there without reservation for anything I needed. I knew I was in good hands from the moment I met her. Looking back I cant imagine going through any of it without her on my team. I will forever be thankful to her for saving my life.

|  Crusader in the Fight for Breast Health  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

cant say enough things about this angel of a woman. when she was born with a gift. Doctors like her are one in a million. if you have a concern about your breast. You have to experience PLBC. It far exceeded my expectations.

|  OUTSTANDING CARE AND ATTENTION  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER WITH MY CARE AND TREATMENT FROM PINK LOTUS BREAST CENTER AND DR. FUNK. I WAS SO WELL INFORMED ABOUT MY TYPE OF CANCER AND THE THAT WERE TREATMENTS AVAILABLE TODAY. I WAS TREATED WITH THE UPMOST RESPECT, CARE, AND LOVE. EVERY QUESTION I HAD WAS ANSWERED AND I FELT VERY TAKEN CARE OF. NO ONE WANT TO BE GIVEN THE NEWS THAT THEY HAVE BREAST CANCER. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE IS GIVEN THIS NEWS, PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL PINK LOTUS BREAST CENTER! YOU WILL BE THANKFUL YOU DID!

|  Highly recommend Pink Lotus Breast Center  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

Dr. Kristi Funk and her entire staff are absolutely wonderful! As soon as you walk in to their beautiful reception area, you are greeted by Jami. I LOVE Jami. She is seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's a southern bell and just makes you feel so welcome and at ease.Never, in the 14 years that I've been having mammo's, has it ever been painless...until I went to the Pink Lotus Breast Center yesterday. My tech was awesome. She was quick, but thorough. I had not eaten yet that day and got a little dizzy. She went and got me water and a small snack to make me feel better. Also, you get your results that day. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Funk. She is professional, thorough, intelligent but has a warmness about her that makes you feel very comfortable. I went in to have a lump checked and immediately, she did an ultrasound and biopsy to rule out cancer. Her assistant, Heather made it a point to call me on Friday with my results even though I wasn't supposed to get them until Monday. She knew how anxious I was and wanted me to enjoy my Valentine Day weekend.I highly recommend having your next mammo done here. Oh, and they will take care of getting your previous film. All you have to do is sign a release form and they do all the work for you! They also made a copy of my film on a cd for me to keep.

|  The BEST!  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

Dr. Funk is an amazing doctor. She cares for her patients and always gives each patient her undivided attention. She never rushes the appt and she makes you feel like you are her only patient! She is a doctor that you can trust and believe in.

|  PLBC is an amazing center  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2010

PLBC is a gift and Dr. Kristi Funk is a blessing. I was diagnosed three years ago during a routine exam. My gynecologist, Dr. Ayanna Walden, found an odd shaped lump and immediately decided "Let's just be safe, I am going to send you to my good friend for and exam" I was 34, too young, no way this is cancer. So I headed over to meet Dr. Funk late on a Friday afternoon. I was the last appointment of the day. I was nervous. But the minute Dr. Funk walked into the room I knew I was in good hands. She was kind, bright, happy and informative. She was also not going to leaving anything on the table. After an ultrasound, she did a biopsy. I think about it now and am so thankful for the decisions both she and Ayanna made that day. They saved my life. I returned on Monday to find out the results were positive for cancer. Shock went through me like lightening. I couldn't talk, just cried. Kristi was upset as well but reassuring. She said this was going to be a long road but there was hope, always hope. I couldn't talk, but had to call my parents. When my mom picked up the phone I couldn't make a sound. I handed the phone to Kristi. I don't know why, it seemed unfair that she should have to tell my parents, but she did. It was such a kind and loving gesture. I had only know her for about an hour and in that that moment there was no question about who I was going to partner with in this fight. Since that day there have been many tests and follow up appointments a flawless lumpectomy. Kristi is a talented, skilled surgeon. And even more astounding, She moved mountains to open PLBC while pregnant with triplets! But that is Krisit, always hopful, positive, frank and caring, determined and ahead of the curve. PLBC is an amazing facility with a great staff. I truly believe that PLCB and Kristi will make a tremendous impact in the fight against breast cancer.

Nov 21st, 2010

Kristi Funk is a rare combination of skilled surgeon and compassionate physician. She guided me with intelligence and warmth when I needed surgery for breast cancer two years ago, and I had an exceptionally good result. As you can imagine, there is a lot of follow-up after you have had cancer, and I trust Dr. Funk's diagnostic abilities completely as she continues to monitor my health.

|  She is the best!  |  show details
by Robin Fox on Nov 19th, 2010

Dr Funk is the most humble, caring Dr I have ever met. I don't know where I would be without her.

|  One in a Million  |  show details
by Ingrid Matthews on Nov 10th, 2010

The moment I met Dr. Kristi Funk, I was drawn to her positive inner spirit. She is confident, professional and has a caring personality. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Dr. Funk will do her very best to make sure her patients are happy with the final outcome. One of her expertise as a Surgeon is minimal scarring. I appreciate you as my friend, but most of all, I want to thank you for saving my life. (Amazing Lady!)

|  Outstanding Physician and Center/First Class Care  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2010

I truly cannot say enough about Dr. Kristi Funk and her phenomenal staff at the PLBC. Dr. Funk is insightful, personable, direct, gentle, kind, and concerned. I have had the unfortunate experience in the past of working with other doctors/centers who left me with more questions and concerns than I arrived with...this has never been the case with Dr. Funk. In fact, from the first visit, I knew that I was receiving the best care possible. Her staff is not only very skilled and professional but also incredibly thoughtful and kind. I am thrilled to recommend Dr. Funk and the PLBC. From the moment you enter the door, you receive the highest level of care delivered with a heart.

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
by Ellen F. on Oct 2nd, 2010

When I was told I needed to consult with a breast surgeon I asked everyone I knew for a recommendation. Kristi Funk's name came up more than once. She was grouped in with top surgeons from UCLA, St. John's and Cedars. When making my appointment I was greeted by a staff member with a sweet southern drawl and the reassurances that everything will be taken care of. Upon meeting Dr. Funk, with her professional, caring manner I knew I had made the right choice. Her enthusiasm and knowledge came through in conversation. She has never talked "at" me, but "with" me, taking the time to explain all procedures and findings. She is excited by all new developments and advancements that she can bring to her patients to make their lives easier in tough times. Kristi enjoys what she does and is gifted in all aspects of her practice. The Pink Lotus is a haven for women with breast issues. We are all uncomfortable, to varying degrees, by this part of our health regimen but knowing that when we step through the doors we are among the sisterhood we breathe easier. Driving an hour and a half into the city for my appointment is not exactly convenient but knowing that when I reach my destination I will be greeted by name, taken in at my appointment time and given the time and respect (and a nice fluffy spa-like robe) is more than worth it. While I am not a cancer patient, she gives my "lumpy issues" complete care and attention. Before Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus, I was shifted from one doctor to another. She has now told me I am "under [her] care" exclusively which made me feel wonderful. I now make my appointments solely with Pink Lotus.

|  Couldn't ask for a better doctor!  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

I first met Dr. Kristi Funk for a biopsy on a lump in my breast in 2007. I was 41 years old at the time, a little young for breast cancer, so I expected it to be nothing at all. But unfortunately, it was cancer. I'll never forget the moment Dr. Funk gave me the diagnosis. She hugged me as I cried trying to process what was happening. She reassured me that we would get the lump out of there right away. Dr. Funk takes pride in her surgical skills, and rightfully so. She moved tissue around in the breast after removing the tumor to make my breast look as good as it possibly could. There is no deformity whatsoever, just a slightly smaller breast than I had before, due to the tumor and surrounding tissue being removed. I think that's a reasonable trade-off for becoming cancer free! Dr. Funk treats me like a friend, not just a patient. She somehow puts me at ease about any fears or concerns I have about anything. She even reworked one of my cancer scars that had healed sort of strangely and made it look better. That's above and beyond what I would ever expect from a doctor!Any doctor who has asked me who did my lumpectomy has always had great things to say about Dr. Funk. So, not only is she respected by her patients, but by her peers in the medical field. My confidence in her only gets stronger over time.I highly recommend Dr. Funk, as well as the Pink Lotus Breast Center!

|  #1 Doctor  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Dr. Funk is the most compassionate, concerned and caring doctor I have ever met. She greats you with her smile and put you at ease immediately. It is unfortunate that more doctors are not like Dr. Funk. She is one of a kind!

|  Dr. Kristi Funk is the BEST!!!!  |  show details
by linak on Sep 21st, 2010

If you have to fight breast cancer, make sure you choose Dr. Funk to be on your team. I guarantee that she will be your favorite doctor from the moment you meet her. Kristi is truly a special person! I don't know any other professional who gives everyone that much attention and care. If you are Dr. Funk's patient, you feel like you are her only patient! She spends time explaining everything to you, doesn't dismiss even the smallest questions and really envelopes you with warmth and love. I'm so grateful to Kristi for everything: the amazing surgery with barely noticeable scar and no recovery time, the time she spent holding my hand when I felt the ground under feet was disappearing and all the emails she answered and continues to answer a year and a half later. Thank you!!!!

|  She is the person you want on your side.  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2010

Dr. Funk is a wonderful and compassionate physician. No one wants to deal with the uncertainty of a breast cancer diagnosis, but if it's what is on your deck of cards, she is the ace in your pocket. I can honestly say that I am eternally grateful to have Dr. Funk as my doctor, but she really feels like my friend. She is the best. I highly and unconditionally recommend her.

|  hoorah!  |  show details
by SS on Sep 14th, 2010

I'd give more stars if it were an option. Don't even waste your time interviewing anyone else- Dr. Funk is my favorite of all my doctors (and not just the ones related to cancer!), and on top of being a wonderful human being she's a kickass surgeon and a take-no-prisoners, no mincing-of-words professional who will tell it to you straight and at the same time, make you feel like it's all gonna be ok. I had no doubts she would take care of me and I was right. If you need anything from a routine mammogram to, God forbid, anything surgical related to breast cancer, go directly to Kristi Funk.

|  Dr Funk is amazing . .  |  show details
by Fielding Edlow on Sep 12th, 2010

Dr Krisit Funk is the BEST, most caring, accessible and amazing surgeon. When I first met her, she walked through the door and said, "Hi, I'm Kristi!". And I felt like she was my friend before my doctor. And she immediately diffused any tension I was having. Pink Lotus is the most comprehensive, friendly and wonderful center in Los Angeles if not America. It's everything, I want in a place and it offers an array of important services which are often overlooked by other doctors. The center and Dr Funk are unparalleled in their professionalism and care and I am so blessed to have found her.

|  SHE IS AMAZING  |  show details
by S.Ramsey on Sep 10th, 2010

Dr. Kristi Funk is an angel sent from above. When I found out I had cancer I was in shock and didnt know where to turn or what the outcome was going to be. To be honest, I was just plain scared but from the moment I met Kristi I knew she was the right surgeon for the me. I had met with two other top rated surgeons in Los Angeles and they failed in comparison to Dr. Funk. Kristi really took incredible care of me, explained everything to me every step of the way even if it took hoursIt didnt matter! She was there to make sure that I was comfortable with what was going to happen, that all my questions had been answered and that I really understood what the process was going to be. Im so happy that she was on my side. I really feel like she is my friend. I look forward to seeing her every six months for my check ups. She is one smart, classy, brilliant, beautiful ray of light!

|  You're In Good Hands with Dr. Kristi Funk  |  show details
by A L Dilqule on Sep 9th, 2010

So very kind and caring is Dr. Funk. She listens carefully, answers questions simply and patiently. Always has a smile. Makes a person feel very special. Couldn't ask for a better doctor. My primary care doctor was right on in selecting Dr. Funk for my cancer care. I love Dr. Kristi and would recommend her to others for treatment always.

Aug 31st, 2010

Dr. Kristi Funk is an outstanding surgeon, warm and caring with patients, and always current in the science of her field. She is articulate, skilled and builds trust and confidence with her patients. An exemplary professional who has developed a state of the art breast center.

|  Dr Krisi Funk is the best Doctor i have ever seen  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

After 2 years of suffering with breast pain and burning, having several Mammogram and MRI for diagnosis I was told by a few Doctors i have to take Advil and aspirin when the pain gets worse , but my breast pain and burning really never went away ,and kept getting WORSE OVER TIME. I finally saw Dr funk for a second opinion , she put the ultrasound on my breast got a needle and aspirated 15 cc of pus from the painful area . ALL THIS TIME I HAD A SILENT INFECTION . The procedure ended my two years of misery. Dr funk has the ultrasound in the each patient room. she took me to her computer room and access my MRI from a distant Hospital , and showed methe fluid , and explained to me what it is and what she was going to do.she is very competent in her field as well the field of technology , she is very kind and sensitive. she is a GOD sent Angel for me . Her office staff are very kind and efficient it took two day from the appointment to doctor visit i only waited a total of 10 minutes.the entire visit was 1/2 hour ,that included the ultrasound and needle aspiration of infection. The office is clean, beautiful and has very calming ambiance . While waiting the staff treated me very well . they were all professional very kind and compassionate .all i can say that i am so lucky to find Dr Funk thanks God for my ophthalmologist who recommended her to me . i recommend her for preventatives as well as therapeutics intervention for any breast issue. she is simply the best.I will be her patient as long as she practices Medicine and /or I am alive.MRS Faye Czyzyk Playa Del Rey ,Ca

|  Forever Grateful  |  show details
by rhobc on Aug 17th, 2010

No words can truly express how grateful I am to Dr. Kristi Funk. First, and foremost, she is a talented and superb surgeon. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August, 2006. In addition to her surgical skills, Kristi is extremely caring and empathetic. She helped me choose an amazing oncologist. I had so many fears and questions. She instilled me with confidence so that I was able to go through surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation with the knowledge that I was in the very best hands. It is now actually a joy for me to go to the Pink Lotus Breast Center because I so look forward to seeing Kristi. The center, itself, is very comfortable. The staff is welcoming and caring. I think it's great that digital mammography and all other diagnostic tests will be available onsite there. I highly recommend Dr. Kristi Funk and the Pink Lotus Breast Center.

|  Excellent Care!  |  show details
by N. Stanton on Aug 16th, 2010

No one wants to go through any type of cancer experience, but when faced with the diagnosis, having such an excellent and amazing doctor as Dr. Kristi Funk lead your team is a gift. She is an outstanding surgeon and a wonderful compassionate human being. She was the 2nd surgeon I met with and I knew after that appointment that she was the person I wanted to help me get through this experience. She took so much time with me to explain everything that was going on, making sure I wasn't confused about any part of the treatment plan. She recommended other wonderful doctors that made up my team and I felt that I was receiving the best care available. The Pink Lotus Breast Center is also a calming place - the staff is so warm, friendly and attentive. I have always felt so taken care of whether it was regarding surgery, follow-up's, insurance questions, fears I had - anything that surfaced was well handled with professionalism, care and courtesy. And the center itself is beautiful and welcoming with warm lighting, lovely art on the walls, and big fluffy robes, instead of paper gowns - details matter here - at every level. I feel blessed to have found someone that I was able to put my trust in and I will continue to do so. I can't recommend Dr. Funk and the center highly enough!

Aug 9th, 2010

Dr. Kristi Funk came highly recommended by a friend and she lives up to that in every way possible. Her warmth and professionalism are reassuring.

|  The Best Care  |  show details
by Dr. Lynn Velazquez on Aug 8th, 2010

Kristi is a unique and special blend of surgical excellence and compassionate personality.Her skills are outstanding. Even the radiologist technicians complimented her work post-surgery. She took the time to make my breast appear as good as possible and that really impresses me. Her passion for helping women facing breast cancer shows in her professionalism and kind manner. Her PLBC has the same kind, professional feeling. The vision of a one-stop venue for breast care is so great; I wonder why no one thought of it before. But Kristi did, and everyone is welcoming, personable and caring. I know that they care about me as an individual, not simply as a patient. I also know I will be treated with the best care anywhere. Breast cancer needs strong fighters thats Kristi Funk and the PLBC.

|  i love dr. funk  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2010

an amazing surgeon and a wonderful human being. i am so grateful Kristi Funk is my doctor.

|  Dr. Funk is AWESOME!  |  show details
by Estelle Atney on Jul 27th, 2010

Dr. Funk is the surgeon who diagnosed my breast cancer. She is extremely compassionate and caring. I always feel as though I'm in the best hands possible to conquer this disease. I feel so lucky to have been referred to her.

|  the best breast doctor  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

Dr Funk is the most competent and caring doctor. She has a rare combination of strong knowledge, dedication to her profession and patients and she is incredibly nice and warm. Truly she is fantastic. I have a condition which needs frequent monitoring and she has been so thorough with physical exams and reassuring at once. I don't know what I would do without her: I'd probably spend a lot of time worrying and being anxious about my condition. Other than being an amazing doctor, Dr Funk has founded the Pink Lotus Breast Center which is run by women and which was designed specifically for women. The PLBC was created to make women welcome and comfortable with such delicate problems as those related to breast health. The center is outstanding. The space and the machines are new, clean and well kept. Whenever I go for a visit or an exam, the personnel of the PLBC makes me feel welcome, the receptionist knows me by my name and there are only one or two people waiting. I do feel like a person being cared for, as opposed to "an anonymous patient." Truly this makes a world of a difference with respect to other places where I've been for a checkup or a mammogram.I would definitely recommend Dr Funk and the Pink Lotus Breast center to all women. I'd even encourage other women to switch to Dr Funk as their breast doctor. Since Dr Funk is also specialized in prevention, I trust her better than other doctors. Do not come to the PLBC just if you have a condition but also if you want to prevent an eventual future breast illness.

|  The Pink Lotus Haven!  |  show details
by LJG on Jul 13th, 2010

Dr. Funk is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!! Let me start by saying Dr. Funk and the PLBC is a 5 star experience, not the type of service you typically encounter at a Dr.'s office. With that being said, I would definitely recommend you seeing her even if you're only having a routine visit.

|  Best Dr Ever  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2010

Thank You, Dr Funk for being SO WONDERFUL!

|  Incredible Doctor and Breast Center  |  show details
by J. Dabney on Jul 2nd, 2010

Dr. Funk is an incredible doctor, listener and partner. She is an intelligent woman with a wonderful bedside manner. She is clear and informative and is an advocate for women, their health and their well being. Through a cancer biopsy to assistance with difficult decisions she has been there for me every step of the way-including checking in with me after other doctor's procedures! The Pink Lotus Breast Center is a calm and serene place that is a pleasure to visit. The staff is thorough and kind and the waiting is minimal. I always feel that everyone there really cares about me and my experience. It is a pleasure to be there.

|  The Surgeon To Choose  |  show details
by SandraLA on Jul 2nd, 2010

Dr. Funk did my lumpectomy in September of 2007 and I have been raving about her to everyone since. Of all the doctors I interviewed, she spent the most time with me and reviewed my test results most thoroughly. I breezed through the surgery and because Dr. Funk uses a special method for obtaining the sentinel nodes, I suffered none of the nerve damage or arm problems that many of my other friends with b.c. experienced. Now, three years later, you can barely even see my scar and there's hardly any distortion of the tissue. Amazing!!! Not that I would wish a breast cancer diagnosis on anyone, but if it happens to you, go to Pink Lotus and see Dr. Funk. You will NOT regret it.

|  Kristi Funk is exceptional.  |  show details
by LR on Jul 1st, 2010

I can't tell you what a difference Dr. Funk made in my life. Not only is she a talented and gifted surgeon but she also has the most amazing bedside manner I have EVER experienced. She is everything you would want in a doctor/surgeon who is going to guide you through the delicate first stages of the life-changing experience of being diagnosed with cancer. Words that come to mind when I think of Dr. Funk: warmth, kindness, patience, availability, directness, hopefulness, reassurance, respect, dependability, trust. Once I did research on, and then met, Dr. Funk I knew I was in the best hands possible -- both from a technical standpoint (she is an amazing surgeon) and from an emotional/psychological one (she is a real care giver in the truest sense of the term.) I cannot overstate how great Dr. Funk is, nor recommend her enough.

|  Comprehensive Breast Center  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

I am a post-breast cancer patient of Dr. Funk's-Staff is impeccable, professional, thoughtful and extraordinary women! Dr. Funk is outstanding and I am very happy with my care from her and the Pink Lotus Breast Center...Outstanding women...

|  Dr. Kristi Funk is the Best  |  show details
by Sherry Rodgers on Jun 25th, 2010

About four years ago I started having a bloody discharge from my right nipple. A mammogram and a biopsy were scheduled. The biopsy showed that I had breast cancer. A mastectomy was recommended with reconstruction done at a later time. I never felt like I had any choices or options. A friend recommended that I get a second opinion. I was recommended to Dr. Kristi Funk. What a blessing! The first words out her mouth were you are not going to die and we are going to beat this. Dr. Kristi Funk has excellent communicative skills. She is positive, reassuring, caring, and has an outward enthusiasm for healing. After several lumpectomies I did have to have a masectomy but I felt completely confident that the correct decision had been made. I have been cancer free for four years and I still travel three hours from my home to see Dr. Kristi Funk.

|  Truly amazing physician  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2010

Like everyone who hears the diagnosis - cancer I was very frightened. I set up my appointments to get opinions from Surgeons.an informative but unpleasant experience..until Dr. Kristi Funk walked into the room. In everyway possible, she conveyed that everything would be all right. Meeting her was like watching the sun come through clouds on a bleak day. She took the time to answer all my questions and to make me feel like I had a partner for this journey. She was present and supportive and confident all the way through. That is the emotional part of working through cancer. There is also the more practical side. I had a lumpectomy and radiation. The scar is on the top of my breast right over the nipple. How good is that scar?? I went to my mammogram appointment a short 2 years after the surgery and the nurse looked at me.looked at my chart and said there must be a mistake here. It says that you have had a lumpectomy. The confusion was not in the charts. It was because Dr. Funk did such a beautiful job with the surgery that you can hardly see my scar or any change in breast shape.It is now just over 5 years from my diagnosis. I got a bit of unrelated bad news a couple of months ago. I needed open heart surgery and I called Dr. Funk to check in..see if I was missing anything important going into this surgery.were there questions that I needed to ask. She was there, answering my concerns, easing my mind..just as she had for my cancer diagnosis. She had told me in the beginning that this was a relationship for life that we were forming and she proved that she meant it. She is the most amazing doctor I have ever met.and truly an amazing person.

by Kimberly on Jun 22nd, 2010

Dr Funk can be summed up in one word: extraordinary! The very moment I witnessed her vivacious personality and saw that beautiful smile, my anxiety departed. In a time of potential crisis, its difficult to digest the clinical aspects of the situation. Yet they are important. Dr. Funk took the time to walk me through the diagnosis, making certain I fully understood what was happening. At that moment, there couldnt have been anything more important to me. Knowing Dr. Funk is at the helm and that PLBC is a one-stop center for women with breast cancer is a dream. Nowhere else do I have access to so many resources. I can devote the hours I would have spent searching for care providers to focusing on getting well! Thank you Dr. Funk!

|  Dr.Kristi Funk Pink Lotus Breast Center  |  show details
by Karen on Jun 19th, 2010

I had a Mammogram every year since 1991, back then my primary care physician would give me a referral for a Mammogram to be done at a local imaging center. Never ever did anyone tell me that Breast Centers existed. I believe that if I had been going to a Breast Center since 1991, that my Cancer would have been detected in an early stage rather than stage three advanced, fifteen years later. It was estimated that it had been growing for 7-8 years!In 2006, because my Insurance had changed and I was able to choose my doctors, the first thing I did was find myself a Gynecologist who referred me to Dr. Kristi Funk when I noticed some nipple discharge on my right breast. Even though there was no discharge present at the time of my appointment with Kristi, there was no lump or deformation, and I had just had a Mammogram two weeks prior, which came back normal, Kristi still took it very seriously. I was feeling a little embarrassed because I didnt want to come off as a hypochondriac since there were no symptoms anymore. The beauty of a Breast Center is everything can be done right there and then. Kristi immediately did an Ultrasound, no referral needed, and she immediately noticed a duct slightly dilated, she said it wasnt too unusual or serious looking; even with no symptoms Kristi was aggressive enough to suggest a needle biopsy, to put my mind at ease so I wouldn't leave her office worrying about a dilated duct. Kristi did a needle biopsy right there and then, no referral needed, Kristi called me the next day, not a receptionist, to come in for a core biopsy, which she did right there, on the spot, no referral needed. Kristi knew it was cancer. I was diagnosed with stage 3 advanced cancer three days before my 47 birthday. I know God led me to Kristi and the Breast center. Can you imagine had I not changed my Insurance and I didnt look for a Gynecologist, I would have ignored the nipple discharge because it went away and my Mammogram was normal. I had cancer growing for 7-8 years, I had a five -centimeter mass, undetected all those years and yet Kristi found it in one office visit because shes experienced, knowledgeable, and aggressive enough to fight this disease. She took those extra steps right there and then in her examining room, I didnt even have to get up from the examining table once, it was all done right there. All my doctor's, Oncologist, re-constructive Plastic surgeons, Radiation Oncologist, Gynecologist, Gastroenterologist, all know Kristi and she is highly respected by her peers. I have seen Kristi interviewed on Fox News regarding Breast Cancer, Ive seen her several time on the television show The Doctors talking about Breast Care. I have had three surgeries with Kristi and what stands out in my mind is Kristi holding my hand in the surgery room talking sweetly and calmly to me until I fell asleep. Shes one of my Angels on Earth and you would be blessed to have her as your doctor. October of 2010 will be four-year cancer survivor.Karen

|  The Good Things About Cancer That No One Ever Tells You  |  show details
by -- Ngoc Nguyen on Jun 18th, 2010

Are there good things that come from cancer? Absolutely. Theres good in everything and with cancer those things are certainly more challenging to find, but that only makes the discoveries more worthwhile. For me, this meant finding Dr. Kristi Funk. Kristi not only saved my life, she made it more meaningful.I had it, it was there, I couldnt deny it. But, after 31 years of being a strong, happy, and thankful person, I wasnt going to let cancer be the word that most defined me. I worked very hard VERY hard at staying positive and, at times, it was heartbreaking, but for the most part it was inspiring. You can find countless doctors who practice at the most prestigious hospitals and are good at what they do, but there are only a handful who exude and inspire the type of positive and uplifting outlook that Kristi does. Kristi understands that cancer isnt just something thats limited to the physical; it extends to the emotional. Kristi knows that its not just something that affects the patient; its a process that touches the lives of everyone around them. Almost as quickly as she scheduled my treatments, she made sure I had someone by my side, a former patient, there to guide me along and support me in any way that I needed in a way that no one else could understand. In the scariest of settings, she made my family, my friends, and my loved ones feel supported and, most importantly, hopeful. When youre in a battle against cancer, theres no one better to have on your team than her. From Kristi to her staff to the team of experts she put together to help me, I always felt like I was getting the absolute best of every aspect. They have all enriched my life and motivated me to live it in a way that is appreciative of every second I have, and it all stems from her. Kristi Funk is the catalyst that speeds cancer through to help us find what is truly beautiful within the darkest of moments and that is the gift of caring. Kristi cares above and beyond every expectation. If you have cancer, then you better make sure you also have the best care in the world, and there is no one better than Kristi.

|  "Take That, Cancer!"  |  show details
by Phalana on Jun 17th, 2010

Imagine the most frightening, helpless, confusing, nightmarish moment of your life. Pause and feel it: the monster is upon you, your heart is racing, blood pressure rises, youre hyperventilating and sweating bullets, and on the verge of a total cosmic freak-out. Now, imagine facing that same moment with your very own super-hero who is the perfect nuclear fusion of the laser sharpest genius mind, your very best friend on earth, the steadiest Zen master, the biggest toughest nose tackle, and the kindest and gentlest momma bear. Instantly you know, Im safe. This sucker has got nothing on us! Dr. Kristi and the PLBC are super-stellar and super-heroic yet still approachable and comfy. She and the staff have an amazing capacity to make you understand the most complex scientific and medical concepts and procedures, to assure you that you are in the hands of the planets most informed breast health experts, and to help you feel safe and hopeful at even the most turbulent of times.The whole-istic approach of the practice is invaluable when youre trying to find your way through the very complex landscape of diagnostics, procedures and treatments. Being able to access so many different services in one place is a real gift to a patient. I wish that every person facing a breast health issue could have a Dr. Kristi and PLBC in their corner.

|  Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus rate Excellent !  |  show details
by Gina Gore on Jun 17th, 2010

I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus. Dr. Funk is a smart, attentive, highly skilled and trustworthy surgeon. I had 4 surgeries in 5 months, and from my first biopsy to being considered cancer-free, I was attended to with the utmost care. From her warm and loving receptionist, which is very important in an office like this, to her caring nurses, and of course Dr. Funk, who always spent the time I needed to discuss and understand my concerns and options, I felt extremely well cared for at a very scary time. I'm deeply grateful for Dr. Funk and Pink Lotus, and recommend them as Tops!

|  Dr. Funk is the best!  |  show details
by Sandra on Jun 16th, 2010

Dr. Funk saved my breast from a mastectomy. I had a lumpectomy, but didn't have clear margins. I went to her for a second opinion because the surgeon I had wanted to remove my breast - but Kristi believed that it wasn't necessary - and she was right! Dr. Funk is a very caring doctor and spends the right amount of time advising you and answering your questions. i never feel rushed. I have been with her for 2 years now and I will be a patient of hers for life!She respects your time and I never have to wait much to see her. Can't all doctors be like that? It is easy to make an appointment too.Sandra

|  Pink Lotus Breast Center & Dr. Kristi Funk  |  show details
by clbak on Jun 16th, 2010

I write this review with the greatest appreciation and the upmost respect for the Pink Lotus Breast Center and Dr. Kristi Funk. After being told that I had breast cancer, I quickly scheduled appointments with a few different surgeons. Dr. Funk was my first meetings and my only meeting! From the minute I walked through the doors of the Pink Lotus Center I knew it special. No windows to slide open with some cold receptionist asking for license and insurance. The office is warm and open and really mirrored my experience with the entire staff. Dr. Funk talks to you like a best friend would, honest and completely open. Her knowledge in the field is stunning and her ability to teach scared women dealing with new and uncharted territory was a real gift and allowed me to feel very safe. As I told Dr. Funk, she is the most fantastic women I never wanted to meet! Dr. Funk explained everything that was going to happen in a way that made me believe I was going to get through this with her and her team holding my hand every step of the way and they did! I feel blessed to have Dr. Funk and the Pink Lotus Breast Center in my life.

|  Kristi is the very best!  |  show details
by Traci Gay on Jun 14th, 2010

I first saw Dr Funk five yrs ago when my sistic breasts show something on the right one on the mammogram. She was caring for a friendwho did have breast cancer.She performed a lumpectomy on my right breast and fortunatly it was fine.I have been seeing her eery six months for follow upI had recently seen her in Feb for a large lump I found in my left breast. I was ableto get in that day and she did a needle biopsy. Saw her again two days later for a more aggressive approach on the left breast tissue(in her office) That was a Thursday. She called me late Fri night to tell me all was well--just hormones honey you're peri menopausal!! Oh joy did that ever make my day.Three weeks once again the right breast showed more atypical tissue. She did another lumpectomy--again I am ok.Kristi is not only a caring brilliantsurgeon, she is a fun and easy to speak to woman. I feel so comfortable there.All of the staff are genuniely caring and I would recommend her to anyone!

|  Thursday With Kristi  |  show details
by Robin Bakay on Jun 13th, 2010

I wrote this on the blog I never publish the day I met Kristi Funk: The good news - I met a really beautiful, unique woman today who I could actually see myself being friends with. We have some odd things in common. And her name -- Kristi Funk ? Definitely the coolest name Ive ever heard. The bad news is that shes the surgeon performing the breast biopsy she said I needed. I was lucky. Two lumpectomies later, the clusters loitering in my breast were revealed as benign calcifications. But when falling down the rabbit hole that accompanies the prospect of the c-word (the six-letter one) it was comforting to be met by a highly trained, modern day wisewoman offering a warm smile and a soft place to land. Dr. Kristi and The Pink Lotus Breast Center is just a different kind of medical experience than Ive ever had. It starts with Kristis incredibly warm staff. Her receptionist, her nurses my own mother wasnt as nice to me. I thought that at any minute any of them could offer me a coloring book and a hot chocolate. And her exam robes. I think theyre spun from clouds and magic. I actually asked about buying it. Kristi and her staff followed up on me with great care, before and after my procedure. Im healing now, but I can already tell that physically Im getting more and more back to normal every day. I cant recommend Dr. Kristi Funk highly enough. Her wisdom and confidence. Her skill. Her humor. Her accomplishments. Shes the total package. I wish shed be my family doctor.

|  So caring and skillful!  |  show details
by Debbie Gaughan on Jun 13th, 2010

I was blindsided when I was dx with breast cancer. My doctor referred me to Dr. Krist and when I first met her I was a mental mess, full of fear. Her calm, direct, professional, yet oh so caring, manner gave me comfort and I knew I was in good hands. While I admit, her youth took me back a bit when I first met her, I soon realized she's just one of those gifted souls. I feel VERY grateful to have her on my team. In a time when my world seemed turned upside down and uncertainty filled the air, it was a relief to know I was cared for by Kristi. I'm now 4 years cancer free and I'm still reaping the benefits of her skill as a surgeon. I can't say enough how incredible she is. Anyone who is diagnosed owes it to themselves to see her.

|  dr funk  |  show details
by traci blumenthal on Jun 13th, 2010

Dr. Krisit Funk and Pink Lotus are amazingWhen I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2008, i was very scared. My OB Dr. Peter Weiss told me that he was going to get me to see the best doctor that would save me. Well that Doctor was Dr. Kristi Funk. From the Moment I met Dr, Funk I knew I was in good hands. She has a special twinkle in her eye when she talks to you, and when I heard what she was saying I was not scared anymore and knew everything was going to be ok. Dr. Funk was there with me from beginning of treatments until the end of my treatments.I have recommended Pink Lotus to many people. And I know that Dr, Funk is there to save all of us,If you are ever diagnosed with Breast Cancer, Pink Lotus Breast Center is the place to go..and you will be glad you did...traci

by Debbie Berman on Jun 2nd, 2010

Upon receiving the news that I had breast cancer I was shocked and scared. My initial impulse was to get rid of it NOW! Luckily I was referred to Dr. Kristi Funk and the Pink Lotus Breast Center. From my very first phone call I knew I was in the right place. Every person I talked to was friendly, efficient and caring. When I walked in the door for my initial consultation, I was greeted by name and made to feel at ease.Dr. Funk explained in simple terms what I was facing and my surgery was scheduled for a few days later. The surgical staff was friendly and professional. I had minimal pain for one day and was back at the gym a week after the surgery. After one week I can barely see the incision and my breast looks exactly the same.In addition to being a confident, well-qualified and skilled surgeon, Dr. Funk is a warm and caring individual. During our meeting she made me feel that she had nothing else to do that day but talk to me and answer all of my questions, giving me a reassuring hug as I left.I couldnt be happier with the care I received from the Pink Lotus Breast Center and I am happy to recommend Dr. Funk and her staff.

by S. Sperber on Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Funk is an incredibly talented surgeon, diagnostician and caring individual. She takes the time to discuss issues, listen to concerns, and come up with a plan/solution. She cares deeply and personally about her patients and that attitude pervades her entire office. I highly recommend Dr. Funk and her Pink Lotus breast center to anyone in need of help.

|  Greatness  |  show details
by Sharon Gart on May 26th, 2010

You might be wondering why I would focus on the notion of greatness during such a potentially scary time as a problem mammogram. Most doctors I came across while getting consults/ opinions were dismissive,checked out( aah, another patient) doctors who didn't want to take the time to arm me with information , much less tell me what they thought I was up against or show TLC when I was frightened & overwhelmed.And that is being kind... Dr Funk on the other hand looked me square in the eye,explained everything accurately, confidently & throughtly and took her time to make sure I understood what she was telling me . She made certain I felt supported & heard and we had a back and forth dialogue that made me leave feeling empowered instead of helpless in the face of potential cancer. Dr Funk is wildly talented (the most beautiful Biopsy close I have ever seen...) with vast expertise, knowledge and a soul as big as the all outdoors. I can't recommend her fast enough and in the face of what feels like catastrophy the person you MUST have in your corner for ALL the right reasons. She exhibits that greatness as a human being and a doctor that every patient deserves and should have access to.

May 20th, 2010

I can only say good things about Dr. Funk. Her attitude, knowledge, and deep sense of caring goes beyond what I expected and experienced with other doctors before!

|  Celebrity or Commoner: This Cancer Doctor is for You!  |  show details
by Jamie Stopher on Apr 14th, 2010

"You have cancer!" Not words anyone ever wants to hear. But hearing this phrase come from Dr. Kristi Funk softened the blow. Her mission, and that of everyone in her office, is not only one of professionalism and excellence, but one of hope and confidence. Her new center is visionary; a word that evokes the future. In my case, knowing that I would have a future was my goal. While I did have cancer Pink Lotus Breast Center is not just about the disease, it's about prevention, information, diagnosis, wellness and all aspects of breast health issues. You feel at home in this environment. No attention to detail is left undone, from the most frivolous comfort of a warm spa robe for examinations all the way to life saving procedures and protocols explained in layman terminology. State of the art equipment and skilled team members help assure patients that every procedure and test will be done with as much accuracy as is possible. Being in Beverly Hills, Dr. Funk has treated celebrities. But celebrity or commoner, the sense of family prevails for EVERYONE. Dr. Funk rocks!

|  Kristi Cares  |  show details
by Elizabeth Bachner on Jul 30th, 2009

I can not say enough good things about Kristi. Firstly, because she is a younger doctor, she is truly up to date with all of her surgical skills, and she is known for her minimally invasive and breast sparing (where she can) surgeries. Kristi spends time with me not only at her office, but also off hours, answering my questions by email and phone.She has created a support group of "Funk Buddies" - women who are there for you who have already had the treatment you have had to answer any of your questions.She believes in Alternative Medicine and knows how important that is to the healing process. Her new office is a reflection of that with acupuncturist, therapist, herbalist and physical therapists. Her office and its staff are clean, bright, cheerful, funny and aesthetically pleasing. That makes it easier to be around and lifts the spirits with such a humbling disease. And finally, I like her because not only is she an astute, knowledgeable and a highly qualified doctor, but she is also a human being. And I wanted to make sure that whoever I chose would see me as a human and woman, for that was just as important to me as the surgeries.