Dr. Kristi Mizelle MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 20th, 2014
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, only because she poked at several regions consistently on me until I said that yes it wasn't comfortable
I waited three months to have an appointment with this doctor because she was just recently becoming part at TPM G practice in Newport News Virginia. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia because she said that I was tender and 11 out of 15 areas on my body. Anna diagnosis consist of having six areas tender. There was one area on my arm that when she pressed on actually hurt. All of the other areas felt nothing like that one spot she pressed on. Yet she continued to press and rub certain areas while continuously asking me if it was at all painful or uncomfortable. Eventually I answered yes because I was uncomfortable having her continually Russ and Rob certain areas of my back and lower abdomen. I do not think the doctor should be able to put on your medical chart that you have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia just because they said I reported several areas being uncomfortable. So now I'm labeled with fibromyalgia and there is sent any real treatment that she could provide... It was a waste of my money and time. And I still have not obtained a reasonable diagnosis related to my medical issues. She also told me that my chief complaint from which everything (joint and pain issues) started wasn't at all related to my current condition. So basically refused to except my my explanation regarding the onset of my current medical issues. I find that horribly judgmental and unprofessional. Hopefully others will not have the same experience but if you do, do not let someone tell you and document and your medical record something you disagree with. I suppose we have to ask for a second opinion before they diagnose us with a chronic condition from just poking and rubbing muscles and tendons.

December 29th, 2013
Compassionate
The best doctor I've seen! She took so much time with me and cared about fibromyalgia as an illness instead of dismissing it like so many doctors do. She got me on track with a good treatment plan. She moved from Baltimore to Southern VA, that's the only reason I don't see her anymore. Highly recommend her, she is kind and compassionate. She makes you feel like a person instead of just another insurance check.