Obstetricians & Gynecologists

420 N 2nd Ave
Ste 200
Sandpoint, ID 83864
208-263-2173
Locations and availability (2)

|  Could not Diagnose Vaginal Yeast  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

Over a six month period of complaining of severe vaginal burning she could not find any yeast. Yet when given Difucan the burning would subside only to start up again within a couple weeks. Another round of Difucan and then back to burning again. A lap smear showed no yeast. I was told later by another doctor that the lab the tests were going to had never found yeast in any of his patients yet clinically he saw yeast. Dr Aljoe relied completely on the lab results and since she did not see yeast under a microscope for whatever reason I suffered for over six months only to end up with a resistant form of yeast. Finally drove two hours to see another doctor where he found I was full of yeast and white blood cells. Two months of once a week Difucan and I was still full of yeast so this doctor painted me with gingin violet and had me use boric acid in a capsule nightly. That took care of the yeast but was kept on Difucan for another three months. Because Dr Aljoe never found any yeast she did not treat me properly and therefore I ended up with this resistant form. Two years later and I still have to use boric acid capsules virginally twice a week and have been told I may have to continue on this forever. Because Dr Aljoe did not treat a simple yeast infection correctly to begin with it turned into a long term yeast infection which has damaged the vaginal tissues.If an OB/GYN cannot diagnose yeast under a microscope she should either go back to biology class or pick another profession.

|  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

I have never felt as comfortable with an OBGYN as I did with Dr. Aljoe. Not that I have ever had a bad experience with another, but she just has that special "something" that makes her entirely likeable.